Si Net Fibre Optic Internet

hougourou

I just learned of this fairly new ISP, who offer 30 MB/3 MB fibre optic internet service for 1200 Baht per month. I found a thread on this, but it's over a year old, and things do change, for the better or worse! So, I would greatly appreciate any inputs from those who use this service. Is the "ping" adequate for online gaming?

Thank you!

I've been using it for a little while now. Its great in-country. Pings to BKK ~15s avg speeds 30+ Mbs / 4 Mbs

Outside of the country it slows down like every other ISP in Thailand. Speeds are relatively good, but if your games server is outside Thailand, its not going to get much better until there is a serious rethink on the international gateways to/from Thailand.

We tried to work with Sinet then we walked away.

After working with the same manager for weeks we approached the Sinet sales booth one day when he was away to ask about the status of our price estimate for installation. That's when we learned the major fact the manager had kept from us -- that I would be required to pay 100% of the one or two year contract in advance, plus installation costs over the free distance. We thought the person at the sales booth was simply incorrect, but she was not. The manager had never told us about this prepayment requirement in the seven or eight times we spoke with him. Sinet was a frustrating and time wasting experience.

While I'm on the topic of higher speed internet...

3BB has something called VDSL which has the same speed (30mb/3mb) as Sinet at the same price. This turned out to be an extremely frustrating experience as 3BB, we found out later, never properly measured the distance from the source to our house even though the sales person told us she had. After nine on-site visits, five office visits, more than twenty phone calls to 3BB support, and a full week without any internet, we gave up after an operator in Bangkok for 3BB told me "you are too far to get this service" and went on to say this had been known for some time but the Chiang Mai office kept opening the case and sending techs so they kept dealing with the issue. I spoke with a 3BB "manager" who listened to my issue, she was in Bangkok and spoke English quite well, then told me she wasn't really the manager when I asked for a partial month's refund, the manager was on holiday, and she'd call back with an offer for a discount after he was back in two days. She never called back and we never received a discount -- just a bill for the full month's DSL usage.

• 6 months later...

We tried to work with Sinet then we walked away.

After working with the same manager for weeks we approached the Sinet sales booth one day when he was away to ask about the status of our price estimate for installation. That's when we learned the major fact the manager had kept from us -- that I would be required to pay 100% of the one or two year contract in advance, plus installation costs over the free distance. We thought the person at the sales booth was simply incorrect, but she was not. The manager had never told us about this prepayment requirement in the seven or eight times we spoke with him. Sinet was a frustrating and time wasting experience.

While I'm on the topic of higher speed internet...

3BB has something called VDSL which has the same speed (30mb/3mb) as Sinet at the same price. This turned out to be an extremely frustrating experience as 3BB, we found out later, never properly measured the distance from the source to our house even though the sales person told us she had. After nine on-site visits, five office visits, more than twenty phone calls to 3BB support, and a full week without any internet, we gave up after an operator in Bangkok for 3BB told me "you are too far to get this service" and went on to say this had been known for some time but the Chiang Mai office kept opening the case and sending techs so they kept dealing with the issue. I spoke with a 3BB "manager" who listened to my issue, she was in Bangkok and spoke English quite well, then told me she wasn't really the manager when I asked for a partial month's refund, the manager was on holiday, and she'd call back with an offer for a discount after he was back in two days. She never called back and we never received a discount -- just a bill for the full month's DSL usage.

Wow we made a call they switched us from one pipeline to the next with a team visiting our building once to get the problem fixed this is what we get from our laptop this morning to Dreamhost server in Los Angeles, California

post-232164-0-33350000-1424835975_thumb.

• 8 months later...

I have been having problems with sinet last couple of weeks. It has been down in the morning for a few hours on occasion and I am on my 3g phone connection to type this. 350ping to Google. Com yesterday. Anyone else having issues? What can be done about it? When I have called support they always say something along the lines of "well it'd working now, we can't do anything and there is no problem "

Sinet's customer service is better than most. I've had an ordeal with TRUE for the past month, basically the same response. I eventually began to save everything. Watch the event log on your router. You should see if there are disruptions. You may also want to do speedtests throughout the day and keep those as well. If you ask, they should send someone out to take a look. If for any reason they refuse, tell them it simply does not work. If it happens to start working again when the Tech arrives... (Then you can ask him to try for himself)