Any idea what this type of spider is and if it is dangerous?

Leo123

I am no expert but it may be an engorged tick (a fully fed tick). When I was a kid I found a tick in my hair after a camping trip that looked like that. I thought it was dead so I saved it in a glass. I was surprised a few days later that it had shrank and was moving again.

I am no expert but it may be an engorged tick (a fully fed tick). When I was a kid I found a tick in my hair after a camping trip that looked like that. I thought it was dead so I saved it in a glass. I was surprised a few days later that it had shrank and was moving again.

Although the large abdomen gives it an appearance of an engorged tick, the 8 legs make it an arachnid, a spider.

Although the large abdomen gives it an appearance of an engorged tick, the 8 legs make it an arachnid, a spider.

Ticks ARE arachnids. From wikipedia

"Almost all extant arachnids are terrestrial. However, some inhabit freshwater environments and, with the exception of the pelagic zone, marine environments as well. They comprise over 100,000 named species, including spiders,scorpions, harvestmen, ticks, mites and Solifugae"

I am not saying it is a tick, but seeming dead and with a large washed out grey looking abdomen, it definitely reminds me of that tick from my youth.

The ticks I have seen here have generally been a rusty red colour. I have dogs which live outside in the garden and they occasionally get them. Never seen a white one. I was pretty sure it was a spider. I thought the black colouration on its abdomen was like a widow spider.