Kristie Kenney meets Commissioner-General to discuss security of Americans in Thailand

webfact

U.S. Ambassador to Thailand meets Acting Commissioner-General to discuss security of American people in Thailand

BANGKOK, 22 August 2014 (NNT) - Mrs. Kristie Kenney, the United States Ambassador to Thailand, has met with Pol. Gen. Watcharaphon Prasarnratchakit, the Acting Commissioner-General.

The discussion took about 15 minutes.

Pol. Gen. Watcharaphon said Mrs. Christie discussed the security of American people in Thailand. It was her first visit to the police since the coup.

The cooperation between Thai and American police is still going well. The United States still continuously supports law enforcement.

The US Ambassador confirmed that there was no withdrawal of cooperation with or support for the Thai police force.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-08-22 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ratcatcher post # 9.

Perhaps Ms Kenney can also assure U.S. citizens that they will also be safe when back in the good 'ole U S of A too?.

Now there perhaps is where priorities should lay.

I wonder what they talked about exactly. I wonder if there is heightened concern now over security for Americans abroad because of:

Isis and their genocidal actions (Iraq, Syria, etc.)

Obama's military reaction to Isis and expectations of much more

Recent beheading of American journalist and threats for more

War between Israel and Gaza (lots of hateful actions now globally against Israelis, all Jews in general, and Americans who are correctly recognized as Israel's best ally and the most Jewish friendly nation in the world after Israel)

Lots of foreign nationals in Thailand who would be assumed to be hostile to Americans (screening of course not the same for visas as it would be for the USA and Western Europe)

I was thinking about this kind of thing the other day in Pattaya.

Here so many diverse nationalities, that's wonderful.

Many people wearing American flag clothing.

They are mostly not Americans. Easy to tell when they open their mouths speaking Russian, Farsi, etc.!

I think Americans mostly avoid standing out too much as Americans here, and probably wisely.

So many foreigners dressed as identifiably Muslim (many hijabs).

I have never noticed any backlash to them for that and I assume they don't get any.

Then I thought, what would it be like for me to go about Pattaya wearing an American flag t-shirt, a yarmulke, and a Jewish star necklace?

I think anyone doing that would face massive harassment and violence in Pattaya. No, I wouldn't be so brave.

I doubt that anyone would give you a second glance. Seriously.

Edited by Prbkk
  • Like 1

I wonder what they talked about exactly. I wonder if there is heightened concern now over security for Americans abroad because of:

Isis and their genocidal actions (Iraq, Syria, etc.)

Obama's military reaction to Isis and expectations of much more

Recent beheading of American journalist and threats for more

War between Israel and Gaza (lots of hateful actions now globally against Israelis, all Jews in general, and Americans who are correctly recognized as Israel's best ally and the most Jewish friendly nation in the world after Israel)

Lots of foreign nationals in Thailand who would be assumed to be hostile to Americans (screening of course not the same for visas as it would be for the USA and Western Europe)

I was thinking about this kind of thing the other day in Pattaya.

Here so many diverse nationalities, that's wonderful.

Many people wearing American flag clothing.

They are mostly not Americans. Easy to tell when they open their mouths speaking Russian, Farsi, etc.!

I think Americans mostly avoid standing out too much as Americans here, and probably wisely.

So many foreigners dressed as identifiably Muslim (many hijabs).

I have never noticed any backlash to them for that and I assume they don't get any.

Then I thought, what would it be like for me to go about Pattaya wearing an American flag t-shirt, a yarmulke, and a Jewish star necklace?

I think anyone doing that would face massive harassment and violence in Pattaya. No, I wouldn't be so brave.

I doubt that anyone would give you a second glance. Seriously.
I know you're wrong. Recently a non-Jewish man in a city in western Canada did an experiment. Wore a skullcap for a week or so. Was harassed constantly. Called baby killer. That was Canada.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Being an American in Thailand must be safer than being an American in the USA. Crime, gun crime, almost every city having some kind of no-go ghetto area etc. American roads will be safer than Thailand but that's about it? Food safety in the USA is probably better but personal safety Thailand wins.

Depends on where.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What do the Americans need special security considerations for?

They've set themselves up as the ''worlds police force'' thus they should be able to contain any threats real or imaginary.whistling.gif

Because American men are so handsome and well endowed, they require special security to protect them from female hordes clammering to have sex with them.

You asked - I told!

• Like 1

They've set themselves up as the ''worlds police force'' thus they should be able to contain any threats real or imaginary.whistling.gif

Could they be one of the most disliked races nowadays and therefore under threat at times?

Americans are not a race. In fact, America has one of the most diverse racial profiles of any country. America has whites, blacks, asians, etc.

Of course they are a race, what a stupid thing to say. Yes, they have a diverse cultural mix, as any country should nowadays, but they are still American.

Anyway, i doth think they are a hated nation at all.. There is a lot I dont like about American culture but also a lot I do.. But what is undeniable is that in every shopping "mall" in the world there is a Macdonalds, KFC, Burgerking or maybe a Subway etc, etc,, so clearly the crap food travels well and I could go on and on with examples of US influence (hate the word "sneakers") but I am sure everyone knows.

Its funny how people seem to think they are a hated nation and yet every country is Asia is rushing to adopt the entire culture for themselves.

• Like 2

Could they be one of the most disliked races nowadays and therefore under threat at times?

Americans are not a race. In fact, America has one of the most diverse racial profiles of any country. America has whites, blacks, asians, etc.

Actually, The United States of America is the most diverse country in the world. Melting pot of melting pots. And Americans can refer to Canadians, Hondurans, Mexicans, etc... anyone from the Americas.

Edited by chiman