Kristie Kenney meets Commissioner-General to discuss security of Americans in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do the Americans need special security considerations for?

They've set themselves up as the ''worlds police force'' thus they should be able to contain any threats real or imaginary.whistling.gif

Could they be one of the most disliked races nowadays and therefore under threat at times?

Americans are not a race. In fact, America has one of the most diverse racial profiles of any country. America has whites, blacks, asians, etc.

Of course they are a race, what a stupid thing to say. Yes, they have a diverse cultural mix, as any country should nowadays, but they are still American.

Anyway, i doth think they are a hated nation at all.. There is a lot I dont like about American culture but also a lot I do.. But what is undeniable is that in every shopping "mall" in the world there is a Macdonalds, KFC, Burgerking or maybe a Subway etc, etc,, so clearly the crap food travels well and I could go on and on with examples of US influence (hate the word "sneakers") but I am sure everyone knows.

Its funny how people seem to think they are a hated nation and yet every country is Asia is rushing to adopt the entire culture for themselves.

Why not look up the word "race"" as opposed to nationality. Stop you posting really stupid comments and trying to correct something that wasn't wrong.

Americans's which could be from North or South of the Continent are made up of many races, as are Europeans.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They've set themselves up as the ''worlds police force'' thus they should be able to contain any threats real or imaginary. alt=whistling.gif>

Could they be one of the most disliked races nowadays and therefore under threat at times?

Americans are not a race. In fact, America has one of the most diverse racial profiles of any country. America has whites, blacks, asians, etc.

Here's the deal you knuckleheads who love to bash Americans - it's the U.S. GOVERNMENT that's creating all the problems, not the American people. I met an Iranian one time in a business setting, and at first we eye-balled each other because we were supposed to be enemies. Turns out we both wanted the same things - food, shelter, pussy. The U.S. government is turning its weaponry on its own citizens in order to keep them subservient, as well as dumbing down the children growing up except for the elite ruling class. I am proud to be an American and ashamed of my government.

The U.S.Government isn't the only Western government working to the plan. At least you guys got the constitution.

They've set themselves up as the ''worlds police force'' thus they should be able to contain any threats real or imaginary.whistling.gif

Because other Countries don't have the stones to do it.

• Like 1

Being an American in Thailand must be safer than being an American in the USA. Crime, gun crime, almost every city having some kind of no-go ghetto area etc. American roads will be safer than Thailand but that's about it? Food safety in the USA is probably better but personal safety Thailand wins.

You're dense.

• Like 2

England has The Stones, but they're busy these days and anyway Britain was the world's policeman 150 years ago and look where it got them.

• Like 2

ChrisY1, if the "Thought for the day", is too complex for you, perhaps you can find someone who will take pity on you, and explain it...

post-58197-0-53600100-1408704798_thumb.j

Edited by maxjay
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They've set themselves up as the ''worlds police force'' thus they should be able to contain any threats real or imaginary. alt=whistling.gif>

.....and idiots too....don't forget that race.

• Like 1

Of course they are a race, what a stupid thing to say. Yes, they have a diverse cultural mix, as any country should nowadays, but they are still American.

Anyway, i doth think they are a hated nation at all.. There is a lot I dont like about American culture but also a lot I do.. But what is undeniable is that in every shopping "mall" in the world there is a Macdonalds, KFC, Burgerking or maybe a Subway etc, etc,, so clearly the crap food travels well and I could go on and on with examples of US influence (hate the word "sneakers") but I am sure everyone knows.

Its funny how people seem to think they are a hated nation and yet every country is Asia is rushing to adopt the entire culture for themselves.

America is a racially diverse country. "American" is NOT a race, and calling people 'stupid' will not change that fact.
  • Like 1

Wake up time....the world is under threat! No country is currently independent. Switzerland and Iceland are questionable.

Edited by Kabula

I see not a deep thinker...

How about water safety, boat safety, earthquake safety. Occupational safety, environmental safety, building safety and most important of all to me is disease transmission...diseases that America eradicated years ago TB Rabies Malaria Japanese encephalitis, etc....

CB

• Like 2

...and cops who don't hesitate one second to beat the sh1t out of any of them ... and then spray them with noxious chemicals...!!

• Like 1

According to the British government report issued today ...there are more British Muslims fighting for ISIS than in the British military. Maybe Americans do need security?

ISIS has threatened to attack American citizens. I doubt in history that a terrorist ever checked passports before attacking. Watch your backs.

Do some research in aircraft hijackings back in the 60's and early 70's and you might be surprised.

England has The Stones, but they're busy these days and anyway Britain was the world's policeman 150 years ago and look where it got them.

England has the STONES, only problem, there in OBAMA'S pocket. Similar to me, I got BIG Stones, but my wife keeps em in her purse,lol

I see not a deep thinker...

How about water safety, boat safety, earthquake safety. Occupational safety, environmental safety, building safety and most important of all to me is disease transmission...diseases that America eradicated years ago TB Rabies Malaria Japanese encephalitis, etc....

CB

Don't disagree that the US is a great nation - probably the best the world has seen, (except for Oz, we brought the world the thong but the Yanks chose to shove them up their arse instead of wearing them on their feet, I'll never forgive them for thatbiggrin.png ), but some of the safety stuff you have quoted is a little bit liberal with the truth.

There have been countless disasters in the US...Exxon Valdez, Three Mile Island, Deepwater Horizon come to mind. Not to,mention the space shuttle disasters.

Many oil refinery disasters over the years etc etc.

I saw an apparently beautiful small Lake in New Jersey that was fenced off due to extreme pollution - not apparent to me though.God only knows what was in it.

Unfortunately this is the price we have to pay and accept for the benefits that we enjoy in our day to day lives. Some bad stuff happened in the past.

Of course we could embrace other creeds such as which we are seeing now occurring in the Middle East.

I know which I prefer.

• Like 1

Here's the deal you knuckleheads who love to bash Americans - it's the U.S. GOVERNMENT that's creating all the problems, not the American people. I met an Iranian one time in a business setting, and at first we eye-balled each other because we were supposed to be enemies. Turns out we both wanted the same things - food, shelter, pussy. The U.S. government is turning its weaponry on its own citizens in order to keep them subservient, as well as dumbing down the children growing up except for the elite ruling class. I am proud to be an American and ashamed of my government.

Well.......how did they get to govern?

Must have been a majority of w**kers that voted them in.....

Anyway quandow, ......almost every country in the modern world has serious issues with their respective governments........

• Like 1

I wonder what they talked about exactly. I wonder if there is heightened concern now over security for Americans abroad because of:

Isis and their genocidal actions (Iraq, Syria, etc.)

Obama's military reaction to Isis and expectations of much more

Recent beheading of American journalist and threats for more

War between Israel and Gaza (lots of hateful actions now globally against Israelis, all Jews in general, and Americans who are correctly recognized as Israel's best ally and the most Jewish friendly nation in the world after Israel)

Lots of foreign nationals in Thailand who would be assumed to be hostile to Americans (screening of course not the same for visas as it would be for the USA and Western Europe)

I was thinking about this kind of thing the other day in Pattaya.

Here so many diverse nationalities, that's wonderful.

Many people wearing American flag clothing.

They are mostly not Americans. Easy to tell when they open their mouths speaking Russian, Farsi, etc.!

I think Americans mostly avoid standing out too much as Americans here, and probably wisely.

So many foreigners dressed as identifiably Muslim (many hijabs).

I have never noticed any backlash to them for that and I assume they don't get any.

Then I thought, what would it be like for me to go about Pattaya wearing an American flag t-shirt, a yarmulke, and a Jewish star necklace?

I think anyone doing that would face massive harassment and violence in Pattaya. No, I wouldn't be so brave. jing

Jing..two points

Then I thought, what would it be like for me to go about Pattaya wearing an American flag t-shirt

First I think everyone would be surprised that you weren't on a baht bus in the first place

a yarmulke

Second, why would anyone wear a yoghurt? (might have lost something in the translation to Ozspeak)

ChrisY1, if the "Thought for the day", is too complex for you, perhaps you can find someone who will take pity on you, and explain it...

attachicon.gifThought for the day.jpg

Won't alter the fact that unfortunately, Americans are not particularly well liked in many parts of the world today....whether they are considered a race or a nationality is not relevant and won't change things..

bigger me! Yanks needing protection here but no where else.

Maybe Christie felt left out?

America is 2 continents unless you forget. You stole the name and it I NO yours to use solely for describing your dim witted nation

England has the STONES, only problem, there in OBAMA'S pocket. Similar to me, I got BIG Stones, but my wife keeps em in her purse,lol

I think we have our transatlantic wires crossed here mate. I for one do not think that Sir Mick, Keef, Charlie and Ronnie are in Obama's pocket.

Cameron may make agreeable noises when it suits him, but I really was referring to the more reliable Rolling STONES.

BTW Obama was a 2 year old when those boys started to gather moss.

Yet additional confirmation and reinforcement to the theory that thailand does not attract many nobel laureates.

• Like 1

What a pathetic attempt at who knows what.

I wonder what they talked about exactly. I wonder if there is heightened concern now over security for Americans abroad because of:

Isis and their genocidal actions (Iraq, Syria, etc.)

Obama's military reaction to Isis and expectations of much more

Recent beheading of American journalist and threats for more

War between Israel and Gaza (lots of hateful actions now globally against Israelis, all Jews in general, and Americans who are correctly recognized as Israel's best ally and the most Jewish friendly nation in the world after Israel)

Lots of foreign nationals in Thailand who would be assumed to be hostile to Americans (screening of course not the same for visas as it would be for the USA and Western Europe)

I was thinking about this kind of thing the other day in Pattaya.

Here so many diverse nationalities, that's wonderful.

Many people wearing American flag clothing.

They are mostly not Americans. Easy to tell when they open their mouths speaking Russian, Farsi, etc.!

I think Americans mostly avoid standing out too much as Americans here, and probably wisely.

So many foreigners dressed as identifiably Muslim (many hijabs).

I have never noticed any backlash to them for that and I assume they don't get any.

Then I thought, what would it be like for me to go about Pattaya wearing an American flag t-shirt, a yarmulke, and a Jewish star necklace?

I think anyone doing that would face massive harassment and violence in Pattaya. No, I wouldn't be so brave.

She should have been discussing that the comments of John Kerry and herself following the coup have created an unreasonable risk of harm for Americans in Thailand, because the comments were so offensive. Compounding that, she should have apologized for the actions taken by the US government as sanctions for the coup, because they were due to a lack of understanding of the Thai political situation and the threat of a civil war. She's an idiot, was given the job as a political favor for her husband, and I can't wait for the end of Obama's term when she will be sent packing.

Thai citizens have very literally lost their right to vote, and have been told they they now live under permanent martial law. And you are saying that the US should apologize for having spoken against that idea? I could not disagree with you more. Were you thinking when you wrote that, or do you actually feel that permanent military rule is a good thing?

• Like 2