Retirement Visa refused from UK

Retirement Visa

do they retire in thailand? in my village nobody has enough money to do it, also the government give 500 baths a mounth to old people only

now tell me:

1)in europe who can retire at 50?

2) who has enough money to retire defenitly at 50?

3) do you really think that a real rich person who has enough money will honestly retire in thailand ?

4)what is the concept of retired in thailand? only the fact that you can show 800 000 baths in a bank and you are over 50 ?

to me the visas in thailand should be revoqued to give them a new name more in accordance with the reality

also people who are married with a thai person should have a status and a real visa to stay here and work too..like every where in the world....not this stupid non immigrant visa....who doesnt mean anything. of course we are immigrant.

when you leave your own country to go to live in an another one , then you become an immigrant....only in thailand this doesnt mean the same.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first I've heard about evidence of funds in foreign (or rather home country) banks being used for a retirement visa.

Can anyone else verify this?

I do a retirement visa based on funds in a Cdn bank account. The Ops problem was that he did not do the Embassy latter. That solves all issues.

You just show the Embassy that you have the funds coming in they do not care how and they will give you a letter. That is all I have ever needed

[*]I don't care how you put it I have a retirement visa and extend it every year . To say I renewed my extension is too much work , after all I am retired .

We don't care how you put it. There is no visa that can be extended.

You can only extend a permission to stay.

You can get new visas as often as the Thai embassy's will let you.

You can extend permissions to stay, as long as you full fill the requirements, as long as immigration lets you, for some permissions to stay that can be as long as you live.

Getting your Retirement Visa in Thailand is easy, I did it 5 years ago, came in on a 30 day, went to Jomtien Immigration and extended to 90 day. Then applied for Retirement Visa. I had all my paper work, Police Report from Aus, Dr Certificate, 2 Aus Pension Statements, Photo Copies of Passport, Photo's and TM47 filled in. When I went to make sure i had all i needed was told, Police report. Not Want, DR Cirt. Not Want. Take your Pension Statements to Aus Embasy in Bangkok get them photo copied sign certified copy. Back to Immigration handed paperwork in, part with fee, back next day and Passport Stamped with 1 year visa, Now all I do is fill in a Australian Statuary Declaration Form stating my income, get my Embassy to copy and sign certified copy. and reapply every year. Income in your case Thai Bank statement. Good Luck

See link below

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/retirementvisachecklist.pdf

http://www.apply-thai-visa.com/thailand-retirement-visa.html

As a matter of interest: Although I have made seven consecutive "retirement" visa applications, only in the last two years has the word "retirement" been an official stamp in my passport 2013 and 2014.

So at which Thai embassies or consulates in foreign parts did you submit these various non-O visa applications?

Edited by OJAS

Some very interesting post here, I for one planning to retire within three years, what I learned from various threads is that I should apply for 60/90 days tourist visa and while I am there , apply for Visa for retirement , let's say I applied for 60/90 days Visa and got it on my passport and entered Thailand , what is the best time to visit Jomtien Immigration office to apply for retirement visa , 55th day ? Or a lot earlier than that. Must have 800,000 bt in my account for three months or have a proof of getting 65,000 bt income regularly for last three months. Am I correct in all this !!! Sorry for the bother guys .

Retirement Visa

do they retire in thailand? in my village nobody has enough money to do it, also the government give 500 baths a mounth to old people only

now tell me:

3) do you really think that a real rich person who has enough money will honestly retire in thailand ?

4)what is the concept of retired in thailand? only the fact that you can show 800 000 baths in a bank and you are over 50 ?

to me the visas in thailand should be revoqued to give them a new name more in accordance with the reality

also people who are married with a thai person should have a status and a real visa to stay here and work too..like every where in the world....not this stupid non immigrant visa....who doesnt mean anything. of course we are immigrant.

when you leave your own country to go to live in an another one , then you become an immigrant....only in thailand this doesnt mean the same.

coffee1.gif

Of course there are people from Europe that can retire when they are 50-55 years old. When you apply for the non O based on retirement in my home country, then you have to show proof and papers that you actually are retired.

Dominican Republic tourist visa: ~$25 US.

One year overstay: ~$75 US with no negative stigma, no threat of jail time, no 90-day check-ins, etc.

Peace of mind in a warm country full of cheap pussy - PRICELESS!!!

(BTW: "~" means "approximately" meaning it depends on the current exchange rate)

come to thailand & get your 30days upon entry. go to a visa agent who will for a fee get your retirement visa in 1day. no muss, no fuss.....

no muss no fuss, other than the fact it will cost between 35-49000 baht, well that's what I have been offered so far.

No needs for funds in the bank and they only need your passport for 1 day. All legit, and what with theses crackdowns don't be surprised if the visa is cancelled at any time and you get thrown in jail.

no muss no fuss.

Who is trying to rip you off hahahahahahahah

Edited by Bernard Flint

Retirement Visa

now tell me:

coffee1.gif

I retired at 50

• Like 1

This is the first I've heard about evidence of funds in foreign (or rather home country) banks being used for a retirement visa.

Can anyone else verify this?

That would be for a Non-Imm OA visa don't forget, not an extension.

yes there are several posts in this (and other) threads confusing requirements for visas with those for extensions of stay. Of course, some people think the distinction is irrelevant and that those making the distinction are being predantic, but they are two quite different things and confusing the two amplifies misunderstandings.

I find it amazing wrong information is being allowed to stand on here.

So ubonjoe can you confirm that if I prove I have 800,000 baht ( not sure how I would get 800,000, but that is what is stated) in my UK bank account I should have no problem getting a retirement visa.

You are in agreement that there is no need to have any money in a Thai bank account ???

From the Thai Embassy website in London:

Retirement/ Long stay Visa "O-A"

(valid for One year)

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/51

We Expats usually say we are going to get an extension on our retirement visa, in actual fact you cannot extend any visa, you are applying for a "New Retirement Visa for 12 months"

No you're not. You are extending the permission to stay granted on the original visa that you entered the country on.

Edited by sustento
  • Like 1

Retirement Visa

now tell me:

coffee1.gif

I retired at 50

I'm still employed ....but stopped working years agobiggrin.png

• Like 2

Why are members so patient with type of OP.

Read the guilelines for visa and it is clearly explained.

Also as some have mentioned no such thing as retirement visa.

Get a non imm O then come here and get extension. Best thing for you us to wack 800k in thai bank. Simple.

Your work status that way does not come into equation

We Expats usually say we are going to get an extension on our retirement visa, in actual fact you cannot extend any visa, you are applying for a "New Retirement Visa for 12 months"

What is a RETIREMENT VISA..... Do you have one. Please take picture and post

• Like 1

Re retirement visa, with verified funds from home country.

Yes. You can, you have to show the local countries Thai embassy/consulate your funds/pension /income.

They prefer ( local bank statements or letter ) and in your local currency. Complete the necessary document and file while in your home contry. I did this coming from Hong Kong with no problems. The Thai staff at HK consulate were very helpful & informative.

Good luck.

As with most things in life, read thru the documents, read again, and check the small print..

Why are members so patient with type of OP.

Read the guilelines for visa and it is clearly explained.

Also as some have mentioned no such thing as retirement visa.

The term is used for the sake of practicality, and embassy, consulates and immigration use it all the time. non-imm. O, and non-imm. O-A, when issued to people over 50 with or without financial proof, are in practice retirement visa.

come to thailand & get your 30days upon entry. go to a visa agent who will for a fee get your retirement visa in 1day. no muss, no fuss.....

I wonder if this advice holds up very well these days. I spent most of yesterday at the Chiang Mai Immigration office, and observed a few clients who were accompanied by obvious agents. It didn't seem that the agents were getting any sort of expedited or preferred service. On many prior visits, I have seen agents hand in, and get handed back, a large stack of passports, with many different colors of cover. I didn't see that yesterday, although it still could be happening. The forms for extension of stay based on retirement have always had a "warning" type line that states that the applicant must present the application in person. The prime appeal of the agent was that he or she could run the gauntlet for you, while you relaxed back at the club.

Things were very hectic there this week, and I only know what I saw, on one day. If one must appear with the agent, I don't see how the agent's fee is worth paying. I know many TV members have used agents and were very pleased with the service. Just wonder if things have changed.

Good luck to the OP. I'm sure that once you are here, you will get what you're looking for.

Many civil service personnel and medically retired people below 55 years of age

Not forgetting the fire service. But in the UK these jobs then have a private pension, The age for government pension is 65 and soon to be raised.

Many civil service personnel and medically retired people below 55 years of age

Not forgetting the fire service. But in the UK these jobs then have a private pension, The age for government pension is 65 and soon to be raised.
Fire service comes under Civil Service

no muss no fuss, other than the fact it will cost between 35-49000 baht, well that's what I have been offered so far.

No needs for funds in the bank and they only need your passport for 1 day. All legit, and what with theses crackdowns don't be surprised if the visa is cancelled at any time and you get thrown in jail.

no muss no fuss.

About agents: Just talked to a friend of mine who used the services of an agent recently, and was quite pleased. For 6500 baht, the agent submitted the paperwork and two passports (Canadian), and the CM Immigration people transferred the stamps and approved his annual retirement extension all within 24 hours. He did not have to appear in person. So, apparently it's still possible.

I mentioned the outrageous amount this poster was quoted, and he told me that he had heard that some agents have a "service" in which they lend you 800,000 baht to place in an untouchable account for the two months of "seasoning," (ridiculous expression) so that you meet the financial requirement, if only on dubious paper. This doesn't sound exactly wholesome to me, but desperation is a strong motivator.

After you get here you could do a change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry, You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 65K baht income by way of an income letter from the UK embassy.

The after about 60 day you could do the extension of stay. The 800k baht would have to be in the bank for 60 days at this time or you would need another income letter.

Info about getting the income letter: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Question: When one does a 'change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry' at the Thai immigration office ... is the proof of the financial status (800k Baht / 65k Baht income / Embassy income letter) required at the time of applying for the visa change of status to an 90 day non imm. O visa? ...

OR is it only required later when applying for an Extension of Stay based on Retirement?

or both?

As I wrote financial proof is needed for both.

The only difference is that the money only has to be in the bank for the change of visa status not for 60 days. When doing the extension it has to there for 60 days.

Thank you ... one fine point of clarification - if you please. I am just trying to get this procedure / process down so mistakes can be avoided... The financial proof at the time of 'applying for change of visa status to get a 90 day non imm. O isa at the Thai immigration office, the funds (although 'unseasoned) would need to be a Thai bank, a home country bank or in any bank - as long as the financial proof was held to be sufficient?