Retirement Visa refused from UK

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come to thailand & get your 30days upon entry. go to a visa agent who will for a fee get your retirement visa in 1day. no muss, no fuss.....

no muss no fuss, other than the fact it will cost between 35-49000 baht, well that's what I have been offered so far.

No needs for funds in the bank and they only need your passport for 1 day. All legit, and what with theses crackdowns don't be surprised if the visa is cancelled at any time and you get thrown in jail.

no muss no fuss.

Rubbish. You are being ripped off blind and if you accepted 35-49000 then you're a fool too.

12 grand to have an extension to my visa B 3 years ago, 30 to 60 minutes later, on my way home.

No muss, no fuss. Pm for more details. I've helped a few on here already. :-)

Far from being ripped off it has saved me money. I would have been happy to pay 10 to 15,000, but am now going to do it myself. Should cost no more than 5000.

Yes I know I could pay the extra money as you did and get someone to do it for me. But I'm retired and have nothing else to do.

The joys of sarcasm huh.

Enjoy your full day of getting the runaround at immigration then. After all, you have nothing better to do. I have. Get there very early ...

We can all be sarky, mate. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mister Fixit

I'm sure I could have saved the hassle, but sometimes it's nice to see how the system works or doesn't work as the case my be.

I used to deal with customs officers in different countries around Europe on a weekly basis many years ago. It was always rather amusing seeing how things changed on a weekly rota.

Watching a guy throwing his paperwork in the air whilst shouting "What the FK do I do now" is a memory I treasure always.

There are something's money cant buy.

Edited by bertty

come to thailand & get your 30days upon entry. go to a visa agent who will for a fee get your retirement visa in 1day. no muss, no fuss.....

no muss no fuss, other than the fact it will cost between 35-49000 baht, well that's what I have been offered so far.

No needs for funds in the bank and they only need your passport for 1 day. All legit, and what with theses crackdowns don't be surprised if the visa is cancelled at any time and you get thrown in jail.

no muss no fuss.

About agents: Just talked to a friend of mine who used the services of an agent recently, and was quite pleased. For 6500 baht, the agent submitted the paperwork and two passports (Canadian), and the CM Immigration people transferred the stamps and approved his annual retirement extension all within 24 hours. He did not have to appear in person. So, apparently it's still possible.

I mentioned the outrageous amount this poster was quoted, and he told me that he had heard that some agents have a "service" in which they lend you 800,000 baht to place in an untouchable account for the two months of "seasoning," (ridiculous expression) so that you meet the financial requirement, if only on dubious paper. This doesn't sound exactly wholesome to me, but desperation is a strong motivator.

Would you happen to know the name and phone number of said agent? Would appreciate the information.

Thanks

This is the first I've heard about evidence of funds in foreign (or rather home country) banks being used for a retirement visa.

Can anyone else verify this?

That would be for a Non-Imm OA visa don't forget, not an extension.

yes there are several posts in this (and other) threads confusing requirements for visas with those for extensions of stay. Of course, some people think the distinction is irrelevant and that those making the distinction are being predantic, but they are two quite different things and confusing the two amplifies misunderstandings.

Yes I have been called pedantic, but I tried to say that to get the right answers, one has to ask the right questions ...and the distinction becomes important.

As proof of income you cannot use "work" income as you are supposed to be retired.

But can get certification from Embassy for interest, annuities, pensions etc that are on a regular basis.

I agree with the OP above though, that if cannot put 800,000 bht in a Thai bank account, should stop, slow down

& reassess if Thailand is the place for you.

As proof of income you cannot use "work" income as you are supposed to be retired.

The is no really correct. If an embassy will do the income letter by showing income from working immigration will accept that letter as proof of income.

The police order does not clearly define the income you can have. It just gives an example.

"3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends"

Getting your Retirement Visa in Thailand is easy, I did it 5 years ago, came in on a 30 day, went to Jomtien Immigration and extended to 90 day. Then applied for Retirement Visa. I had all my paper work, Police Report from Aus, Dr Certificate, 2 Aus Pension Statements, Photo Copies of Passport, Photo's and TM47 filled in. When I went to make sure i had all i needed was told, Police report. Not Want, DR Cirt. Not Want. Take your Pension Statements to Aus Embasy in Bangkok get them photo copied sign certified copy. Back to Immigration handed paperwork in, part with fee, back next day and Passport Stamped with 1 year visa, Now all I do is fill in a Australian Statuary Declaration Form stating my income, get my Embassy to copy and sign certified copy. and reapply every year. Income in your case Thai Bank statement. Good Luck

See link below

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/retirementvisachecklist.pdf

http://www.apply-thai-visa.com/thailand-retirement-visa.html

You could have saved all that hassle by going to one of the visa agents on soi buakaew, paying the fee and picking your passport up a few hours later. 12-14 grand, job done.

You could do it yourself in a couple if hours. And then have a great weekend with those 12-14 k instead

Getting your Retirement Visa in Thailand is easy, I did it 5 years ago, came in on a 30 day, went to Jomtien Immigration and extended to 90 day. Then applied for Retirement Visa. I had all my paper work, Police Report from Aus, Dr Certificate, 2 Aus Pension Statements, Photo Copies of Passport, Photo's and TM47 filled in. When I went to make sure i had all i needed was told, Police report. Not Want, DR Cirt. Not Want. Take your Pension Statements to Aus Embasy in Bangkok get them photo copied sign certified copy. Back to Immigration handed paperwork in, part with fee, back next day and Passport Stamped with 1 year visa, Now all I do is fill in a Australian Statuary Declaration Form stating my income, get my Embassy to copy and sign certified copy. and reapply every year. Income in your case Thai Bank statement. Good Luck

See link below

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/retirementvisachecklist.pdf

http://www.apply-thai-visa.com/thailand-retirement-visa.html

You could have saved all that hassle by going to one of the visa agents on soi buakaew, paying the fee and picking your passport up a few hours later. 12-14 grand, job done.

When some of you blokes retire,you really mean it,too lazy to do a bit of paper work and get an insight into how Thailand works.

Is there an equivalent form for the US? If not what do I ask the bank to do, draft an ad hoc letter with no template to follow? My income is sufficient. I just want to make sure I have all that is required before I travel to the consulate in NYC.

Is there an equivalent form for the US? If not what do I ask the bank to do, draft an ad hoc letter with no template to follow? My income is sufficient. I just want to make sure I have all that is required before I travel to the consulate in NYC.

That is apply for an extension of stay here not a OA visa at the consulate.

The income certificate would be proof from your pension provider and/or from Social Security (annual statement should be enough). I suggest you contact the consulate to find out what they accept.

If anyone has a "retirement visa" please take pic and post. I have never seen one.

As for all the talk about bank accounts etc. Most people not working have some stream of income. If u dont then u should be working in farang world or work visa here.

For others just go to your embassy and do stat dec re your income. Take some proof, mind u its a stat dec so in theory does not require documentation