Fast food for the people: MCD in CM

jobin

A new McDonald's has opened in CM. Located on the corner of Su Thep Rd and Siri Mangkalajam Rd, in the new Suan Dok Park plaza. Just down the road from the big hospitals on Su Thep Rd, i am sure it will attract many hungry folks.

Personally i am miffed that MCD has suffered in China and Russia due to political bullsh*t and associated anger at USA. MCD offers quality, wholesome food at good prices with fast service.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MCD offers quality, wholesome food at good prices with fast service

More info on "quality, wholesome food" required please. Have you read what ingredients goes into a Big Mac?

Good prices? You gotta be kidding!

Fast service ... correct.

• Like 2

MCD offers quality, wholesome food at good prices with fast service.

There is a point where a thread turns from informational to trollish... You just crossed that line...

You might want to check the calories, carbs, sodium and fat in your "healthy lifestyle" food source...

http://fast-food-nutrition.findthebest.com/d/d/McDonald's

Edited by Loptr
  • Like 1

macdonalds food chain supports terrorism,the contribute large amounts of money to the outlawed IRA in america and the UK and you should read what goes into a big mac (sawdust to bulk it up as well as water) i spent 2 years working for one of there stores in Wales,and as for health and hygene that does ot even exist in a thai macdonalds, no protective head wear for long hair etc

• Like 1

We had 3 dishes at MK for lunch, all freshly cooked and served with free iced tea in a sit-down restaurant. Crispy roast pork and rice @ 80 BT incl a bowl of chicken broth. Tender roast duck with ramen noodles and chicken [maybe duck] broth ... 80 BT. The 69 BT fried gyoza's were a disappointment but at least we ate clean quality food!

I doubt that trainman3014 because people who work in factories that make chocolate never touch the stuff.Same if you worked in MCD you would get fed up of looking at that crap and fancy some som tam!

Yeah, not so much. I worked in McD's as a teenager and pretty much lived on the stuff. I received employee discounts - which made it even cheaper - plus all of my friends worked there too so I tended to hang out there a lot. Might be different in Asia but I'd be surprised.

Edited by Diplomatico
  • Like 1

I go by that McD's nearly every day. I'm impressed with the way they've tucked some nice retail shops under a parking structure -- all to serve the large, new CMU dorms across the road for the medical campus. Some interesting shops, like a "Tops Daily" (kind of like a Tesco Lotus Express only a bit more upscale), Black Canyon, McDs and something called Salad Concept that is always packed. I've got to stop one day and check out that Salad Concept restaurant. The name sounds much more promising than McDonald's. Maybe all those medical students are taking their studies seriously and paying attention to what they eat.

Edited by NancyL

Does 4 Corners have the same owner and same burgers as The White Plate did?

Don't know about the ownership.

But look up Trip Advisor "White Plate CM" and you will see a couple of detailed and positive reviews from expat CM residents. Looks promising.

MCDs next to a hospital. About as appropriate as their sponsorship of major sporting events w00t.gifbah.gif

The drive-thrus are a great idea. Suitable for those too lazy to get out of their cars.

Edited by MESmith
  • Like 2

Does 4 Corners have the same owner and same burgers as The White Plate did?

Don't know about the ownership.

But look up Trip Advisor "White Plate CM" and you will see a couple of detailed and positive reviews from expat CM residents. Looks promising.

Thanks. I hope that it is the same owner as the White Plate had the best burgers that I have ever had in Thailand - by far - and I'm pretty sure that he had something to do with it. tongue.png

For once, the authorities showed great foresight in planning a hospital near a McDonald's. I can now stuff myself safe in the knowledge that, if necessary, help is nearby.

Thanks, far-sighted authorities!

G

and with most hospital food which is shyt you can now call out for a quick delivery.licklips.gif

• Like 2

For once, the authorities showed great foresight in planning a hospital near a McDonald's. I can now stuff myself safe in the knowledge that, if necessary, help is nearby.

G

and with most hospital food which is shyt you can now call out for a quick delivery.licklips.gif

Now I'm confused. Maybe it was McDonald's that had the foresight!

T

Oh no! It just occurred to me: the two are in league! The bastards!

Edited by Thakkar

G

Bumrungrad hospital in Bangkok has a Macca's, Starbucks, Pizza company and a bakery all inside the building.

Gotta keep those heart attack machines working. Seize up otherwise.

The salads were excellent at the ones in Arizona...on the Value Menu...served with Paul Newman Salad Dressing; 1.19 USD. The wi-fi is usually good, too. Many prefer their coffee over Starbuck...and I think it's half price for seniors....

Did I miss some thing have we been transported to Arizona.

When it comes to McD all I can assure you of is that their Sausage McMuffins with an egg on are really good. The rest is up to you.

Edited by northernjohn
  • Like 2