Zidane's "header" And Red Card

rainman

aaaaaaaaaa - relax, mate. There are far more offensive people on this board than the WC manipulator of scores, aka Chonabot.

If you are Italian I am sure he would clarify his statement, but it's a Brit sense of humour - how many times have I been called a sauerkraut - ask lampard - and it's only offensive if you take it as such.

There is a different type of humour in England that most others would find offensive - they even call themselves bastards as a term of endearment. :D Well . . . . no comment.

A long post follows and it is not intended to flame or do otherwise.

It is difficult to comment on your remarks chonabot as it would be against forum rules and we are not allowed to speak as we find / sometimes interpritate

Your posts are being taken in a way not conducive to fair debate and irritate some of us.

Is it really acceptable to have offensive members on the board as this is not what most of us joined for by the way.

All they do is undermine all that is good on T.Visa along with all the good work done by all the administration.

It is one thing to have a go at someone you know personally and are familiar with, but the truth is most of us do not and are not familiar due to T.Visa,s ever expanding membership.

This has now grown beyong a small forum where, as everyone knew each other and it was o.k. as is normal with a group of friends.

Now the membership has took off ( and long may it continue to do so ) and we have to understand not everyone has the same outlook on what is fair / unfair comment.

This surely has to be taken into account now.

Anyone looking through recent posts can make their own minds up if you are posting within these guide lines.

You are NOT displaying a typical British sense of humour and it would cause all sorts of problems here in the U.K. where i live.

Why do you have to keep needing the support and approval of others for what you think and post when the majority of don,t even know who you are ?

In general terms on growing up many young people possess the following :-

Lack of self esteem, insecurity,adolescence and immaturity which are descriptions associated with children who do not know better ( i,m referring to a particular group of society by the way in general terms as an example. )

It is very dangerous in the grown up world to have a sense of humour that lots of ordinary human beings cannot understand and do get upset and offended by.

On T.Visa there are again guide lines and respected mods capable of giving sensible advice on what,s offensive.

This is one of the many assets all our members appreciate.

I often sit down with my daughter to guide and explain to her how to communicate in and acceptable sociable manner as she grows up.

I also explain that everyone is entitled to their opinion but if you disagree with someone, it is important to do so in a polite and friendly manner when debating and be constructive.

Otherwise you will loose respect and will be seen as insignificant, be ignored and resented.

Once this happens it is difficult to regain these important human traits which are needed to put your point of view across and to be an acceptable part of the community.

I hope my post is not seen as offensive or off topic by the mods and censored as it is meant as a friendly observation only.

Perhaps hopefully it can be read for what it is and as a way of halting things developing into another nasty thread, which is surely the way it will develop.

The odd post doesn,t hurt anyones reputation to much and the reigns need to be pulled up in general terms before a bad name develops and sticks.

There are after all facilities to enable everyone to let off steam and offer a sense of humour where it is appreciated by others without spoiling sensible debate and needling others.

In my humble and personal opinion of course, so let,s all play the game and enjoy what we have at our fingertips.

marshbags :o:D:D

P.S. i hope a good thread is not once again sabotaged by nastiness and chidish behaviour.............................

Edited by marshbags

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Reply to Marshbags...

I used the phrase Spaghetti Muncher , anyone , after reading your post, would have thought I had used some language similar to the alleged insult uttered by the Italian defender.

I have not asked for any support from any TV member. The Poll was a lighthearted suggestion after another member ( Tigerbeer) suggested I should be banned. I for one am getting a bit tired by the 'Race Card' that seems to be overplayed here. This thread is in danger of being closed , mainly due to yourself and aaaaaaa, who keep on with this crusdae to berate myself.

If the mods have not interevened so far, that should tell you something. They have not found my remarks offensive.

:o

In Reply to Marshbags...

I used the phrase Spaghetti Muncher , anyone , after reading your post, would have thought I had used some language similar to the alleged insult uttered by the Italian defender.

I have not asked for any support from any TV member. The Poll was a lighthearted suggestion after another member ( Tigerbeer) suggested I should be banned. I for one am getting a bit tired by the 'Race Card' that seems to be overplayed here. This thread is in danger of being closed , mainly due to yourself and aaaaaaa, who keep on with this crusdae to berate myself.

If the mods have not interevened so far, that should tell you something. They have not found my remarks offensive.

Well said Chon... personally I think this has been blown out of all proportion...

anyway..

what about my frikkin avatar... ?? :D

totster :D:D

The Avatar is great, but I have never seen an Italian get up that quick after being "assaulted"

He keeps getting back up for more doesn't he... !

totster :o:D

Great avatar mate. :D

Happy to see the Spaghetti Muncher actually falling down for a reason... :D

The Avatar is great, but I have never seen an Italian get up that quick after being "assaulted"

You've done it now! . . .

In Reply to Marshbags...

i'd stand by earlier post that you should be banned chonabot as i did view the post as hatred rather than a simple try of having a "sense of humour". its easy to re-iterate it as humour isnt it?

please please people, the percentage of farangs living in thailand is not entirely made up of british citizens. if you find that others cannot accept your british humour here, you are more than welcomed to set up another forum. suggestions www.britishhumourinthailandforum.com

Do you think that the decendants of the spag eaters will be a bit miffed?? :D

................................................................................

Come on mods do your stuff, how about warning / red carding the poster for repeated S### stirring, but please keep the thread open or you,ll just be playing their game and everyone will loose out to ***** ***** and disruption as and when they don,t like fair comments that differ from theirs.

It,s obvious what,s going on again as in previous posts.

Do a report tigerbeer and at least get to discuss it with someone a bit more reasonable.

marshbags

I love it mate, see that's what happens when Italian's try to advance instead of retreating. I actually think ZuiZui got it in before the Bolognase Boy could get his white flag out :o

Caveat:- for those without humour, this was intended as a joke and not meant to be taken seriously :D

Yours sincerely, a pie, peas and gravy munching, handkerchief on the head and stringy vest wearing Northerner :D

Come on mods do your stuff, how about warning / red carding the poster for repeated S### stirring, but please keep the thread open or you,ll just be playing their game and everyone will loose out to ***** ***** and disruption as and when they don,t like fair comments that differ from theirs.

Do a report tigerbeer and at least get to discuss it with someone a bit more reasonable.

marshbags

Btw old chap , when you wish to abbreviate a word or phrase, use the ' character , not the , [comma] .

It,s becomes It's .........what,s becometh what's.

It will make reading your posts a lot easier on my potato munching eye..... :o

If you find my observation a tad trite, then I apologise.

I am more than slghtly fed up with your holier than thou attitude. I remember a post ages ago , where you offered to grass somebody up to the DSS because of their dubious condition whilst claiming disability allowance. WHo are you to preach to anybody? In my eyes this attitude is far worse than a few throwaway remarks in a sporting forum.

Here you are urging another member to do a report on me , why not do the report yourself?

You are a funny, funny, little mouse of a man.

:D

Edited by chonabot

Bald folks (apparently even world renowned ones) tend to have chips on their shoulders.

I have a shaved head , partially bald.

The above generalization may offend people who are follicularly challenged.

I saw it as an attempt at humour.

I was not offended.

If you were bald, would you find it offensive? - Marsh/aaaaaa/tigerbeer ?

Has the penny droppped yet , ladies ?

Edited by chonabot

totster :D:D

................................................................................

marshbags

<deleted> stirring??? :D I havent even started. :D Were you a monitor at school perhaps? .Is life getting you down? :D

Get a sence of humour and get with the program mate!

Pity the old spagaroonies won though,I lost a bet to a morris dancer :o

Engage brain before typing silly remarks ********

That,s right by the way do your usual stuff and enlist the back up between you.

That,s all you are capable of and it,s pathetic while summing up your mentalities.

Edited by marshbags

What does ******** stand for? :o

I see it now,******** stands for spag muncher and you were just being polite.Nice one! :D

Edited by chuchok

That,s right by the way do your usual stuff and enlist the some back up between you.

That,s all you are capable of and it,s pathetic while summing up your mentalities.

Marsh , I have at no point asked for any assistance , you are making quite enough of a fuss by yourself. Did it occur to you that you are overreacting?

Your grammar is cringeworthy btw.

I beg your pardon, but we are similar to the Scots = we don't support the English!

(unless there's a chance that one will host an EPL comp, in which case: Rule Britannia! 1zvgaoz.gif)

Seriously, Marshbags - time to stop. If you feel offended then just say so, but don't go on about asking for people to

be banned or censored.

(Gee, I hope you're not German)

Edited by Sing_Sling

That,s right by the way do your usual stuff and enlist the back up between you.

The way i see it, is that you, tigerbeer and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa are actually ganging up on Chon.

I personally find your "I'm holier than thou" preaching attitude irritating, to be quite honest

Ok this post has been reported and I guess with good reason but probably everyone has differing opinions about who is right.

My suggestion is for everyone to chill and take one step backwards if this thread is gonna continue.

Bedlam is the place for jousting so lets keep on topic please :o

I will not post again on this thread , but my stlye of posting will remain the same.

If certain people wish to follow my postings and care to criticize them, I shall take this with good grace. Hope to see aaaa/Marsh/Tigerbeer in my EPL compo later this year!

To go back on topic is a pleasure. and thanks for keeping the thread open.

Comments in all situations are welcome when they are reasonable but as in Z.Z,s case the guy went over the top and went beyond reason, winding him up beyond what is part and parcel of the game.

This refers to all international players as well as national ones who do this.

In my humble opinion Z.Z is a victim in this incident who chose to stop it going any futher up the insult ladder.

He admits himself he was wrong to do what he did but who with your hand on their heart would not you have done the same.

He did by the way walk away twice but it kept on until he got the desired reaction.

When you think what his last game meant i think a bit more respect was due and had been earned over the years.

Shame on you Matterazi, you haven,t done no one any favours apart from highlighting how out of hand these comments ( called gamesmanship ? ) are getting.

I do not think alledged comes into the equasion either as you admitted insulting him.

marshbags