Zidane's "header" And Red Card

rainman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be forever remembered as the unaceptable face of "the beautiful game"....a thug...... :o

Let down not only himself but also the game and his country....now he can sod off to .........sad history..........stupid Ba***rd...

Well done Italy......

Guest endure

It never ceases to amaze me how allegedly 'grown men' can get so exercised about a silly game. How about losing your temper over something important?

I don't think Zidane is a thug , only he knows why he had this reaction.He could have had a racist coment about his religion or something very personal from the italian player .

Or he thought he might get a game against England :o

I don't think Zidane is a thug , only he knows why he had this reaction.He could have had a racist coment about his religion or something very personal from the italian player .

Or he thought he might get a game against England :D

I am confused :o

Edited by mariana

Definoitely not an aberration - this was his 12th 1zgarz5.gif and he lost the game for France . . . . what an idiot - doesn't matter what is said in a tournament, the stakes are so high for a professional to go postal. What an idiot.

Edited by Sing_Sling

Definoitely not an aberration - this was his 12th 1zgarz5.gif and he lost the game for France . . . . what an idiot - doesn't matter what is said in a tournament, the stakes are so high for a professional to go postal. What an idiot.

couldnt agree more. he had two history of bad temper and somehow had to end it with another headbutt. dumb!

a well deserved cup for italy.

If you are going to get ordered off, it may as well be for a good reason.....he should have smacked the spagetti chops in the mouth!!! :o

I agree it was very poor technique used for such a renowned player. The Italian only went down to make sure the referee sent him off. Now if you asked Stuart Pearce about being on the receiving end of a well executed header then thats a different story. France must have lost that technique in their current training methods.

I'm not sure why one would say the head-butt wasn't painful . . . sure Materazzi stayed down longer than necessary but wouldn't everyone . . . ? I'd like to see anyone here who wouldn't go down from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1i_l0OeeMc...&page=1&t=t&f=b

The guy is simply a thug.

Edited by Sing_Sling

I for one, hope (and i think he will) be remembered for being a brilliant player. Last night he was stupid but he didn't head butt him in the face, unlike Figo did. And yet Figo isn't classed as a thug. Why, because the ref didn't see it and so didn't red card him.

On the news this morning, they said neither the ref nor the linesman saw it but the 4th official saw it on a video play back. He then instructed the linesman. If this is true, it just goes to show that video evidence should be used in future.

I'm not sure why one would say the head-butt wasn't painful . . . sure Materazzi stayed down longer than necessary but wouldn't everyone . . . ? I'd like to see anyone here who wouldn't go down from this:

As a one time 'thug' ... :o I would say that this headbutt was effective, even though not administered to the preferred areas, the nose/face, it had sufficient power and velocity to fell a large ( 6ft 5 ) spaghetti mucher. IMO it was aimed away from the head in order to avoid a spillage of grease from the locks of the defendant.

In a real combat situation, the amphibian would have followed up with a technique known in the trade as a 'Rooney'.

:D

As a one time 'thug' ... :o I would say that this headbutt was effective, even though not administered to the preferred areas, the nose/face, it had sufficient power and velocity to fell a large ( 6ft 5 ) spaghetti mucher. IMO it was aimed away from the head in order to avoid a spillage of grease from the locks of the defendant.

In a real combat situation, the amphibian would have followed up with a technique known in the trade as a 'Rooney'.

not sure where you come from chonabot. not even bothered. it would do some good if you could keep your racist statements such as "spaghetti muncher" to yourself. its totally distasteful to see such posts on this forum. seriously this whole sports forum would be a better place to read if you kept away from posting. or better yet be banned from posting. the team playing yesterday can alternatively be referred to as "Italians".

not sure where you come from chonabot. not even bothered. it would do some good if you could keep your racist statements such as "spaghetti muncher" to yourself. its totally distasteful to see such posts on this forum. seriously this whole sports forum would be a better place to read if you kept away from posting. or better yet be banned from posting. the team playing yesterday can alternatively be referred to as "Italians".

Shut up you tart! I was having a laugh... :D

Lets have a poll to see who the users of this forum would prefer to stay away , me or you?

I doubt you would get a vote except for your own[ who are you anyway?]

Set it up Tiger.....down boy.... :o

Edited by chonabot

Lets have a poll to see who the users of this forum would prefer to stay away , me or you?

Careful mate. If he's a spaghetti muncher himself he might get his tank out. You know, the one with 7 reverse gears and one foreward gear in case the enemy attacks from behind. :D

Careful mate. If he's a spaghetti muncher himself he might get his tank out. You know, the one with 7 reverse gears and one foreward gear in case the enemy attacks from behind. :D

i got better things to do in life than make a poll on you bot. perhaps other non-spaggetti munchers might beg to differ. get a life "mate".

lampard, stop being a smartass. check out your local grocery store wherever you come from and if they don't carry spaggetti on their shelves, then come back and make your comments. otherwise keep your humour to yourself and others who fancy it here.

its not funny. really.

Zizu had a couple of good headers in this game, the last one being the 'best' of course cos he got a real result.

Excellent technique, lots of power, poof... down goes the man mountain IytiddlyEytie.

Thank god for replays :o

As for the poll ( not the Ref ) its a foregone conclusion IMHO.

Quote>

lampard, stop being a smartass. check out your local grocery store wherever you come from and if they don't carry spaggetti on their shelves, then come back and make your comments. otherwise keep your humour to yourself and others who fancy it here.

its not funny. really. >End quote

Oh But it is so.........

Edited by OneeyedJohn

I for one, hope (and i think he will) be remembered for being a brilliant player. Last night he was stupid but he didn't head butt him in the face, unlike Figo did. And yet Figo isn't classed as a thug. Why, because the ref didn't see it and so didn't red card him.

On the news this morning, they said neither the ref nor the linesman saw it but the 4th official saw it on a video play back. He then instructed the linesman. If this is true, it just goes to show that video evidence should be used in future.

Here,s an excerpt from an article taken from the Independant today. Quote :-

Though neither Lippi, Domenech nor any player would comment on what was said between the pair in the closing stages of extra time, with whispers ranging from racist abuse to allegations that Materazzi had accused Zidane of being involved in the steroid abuse scandal that tainted his former club Juventus, both managers were united in their view that the Argentinian referee only showed the red card after his assistants had studied the incident on a television monitor by the side of the pitch. It is claimed they then contravened Fifa regulations by informing Elizondo of a head-butt that went unseen at the time.

The France coach said: "I don't mention what happens inside the group, I will not speak on behalf of the players, but it's sad having a great player like Zidane sent off, especially in his final game. Something must have happened but I don't know what. I don't think he decided out of the blue to [head-butt] him, that he wanted to leave the pitch, something must have happened. I'm not saying that I am excusing it but I can understand."

Domenech added: "The referee saw nothing, the assistant referee saw nothing and then we have the fourth official seeing the video replay and telling the referee. The sending-off killed the game and they [italy] played for penalties. It should not have been Pirlo who was man of the match but Materazzi, because he made a drama out of everything. Materazzi organised the sending-off."

The full article can be accessed via :-

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/in...icle1169770.ece

Surely if this method of observation was used throughout the tournament there should have been several players red carded for varying offences, not least of all a good few Italians playing in yesterdays final.

Isn,t diving ect. considered an offence and for repeated offences a sending off ????????????????????

If anyone thinks it isn,t then i would suggest it is well deserved in my humble opinion.

Is a headbutt more serious than a stamping in the cream crackers by the way ( W. Rooney )

I know which one i,d prefer..........................................................................

iven the choice.

Perhaps the ones who defended him can do the same for Z.Z. for who it will hopefully be revealed

what set the reaction off in the latter stages of yesterdays extra time.

I also think Z.Z will be remembered for his contribution to the beautifull game as was Eric Contana, not these sort of incidents, which are secondary.

Both players are / where brilliant the majority of the time and a definite asset to the football everywhere in the world.

marshbags :o:D:D

Edited by marshbags

It would be really revealing if ZZ came out and quoted what the Italian said.....ou can be sure it was not along the lines of hows your family....The question then would be what would FIFA do?

Well absolutly nothing......zip....zero.....the same as they have done with the Spanish and Italian supporters who have been chanting animal sounds all season......

I don't support Z.Z actions but in something like this action was a response............

Is a headbutt more serious than a stamping in the cream crackers by the way ( W. Rooney )

I know which one i,d prefer..........................................................................

iven the choice.

marshbags :D:D:D

Rooney delivered his 'indiscretion' whilst in-play and on the ball. ZZ's was thought about for a few seconds , and then delivered whilst neither player had the ball(s) :o

Both are incorrect , but ZZ's was pre-meditated.

As for preferring the headbutt, let me know next time you're available. :D

[A joke , for the less intelligient of you]

Edited by chonabot

Zinedine Zidane's agent says the France captain headbutted Marco Materazzi in Sunday's World Cup final because the Italian made a "very serious" comment.

Zidane appeared to react to something that was said and was dismissed for his violent charge into his opponent. Hes A NAUGHT NAUGHTY BOY

"He told me Materazzi said something very serious to him but he wouldn't tell me what," agent Alain Migliaccio told BBC Radio Five Live.

Sources in France say it is believed Materazzi insulted Zidane's mother. ..... :D

and then......

Zinedine Zidane won the Golden Ball award for the World Cup's best player, despite being dismissed ......... :D

He was witnessed by.... wot.... maybe 500 million people around the world and he gets an award... :o...Should have been put in Jail....