Bikes in khao yai?

coley

Few of us are planning on going for a couple of days from bkk to khao yai for a ride next week. Are there restrictions on mcs around the national park? I seem to remember some entry problems some time back. Any info and advice on good roads around there greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ride on in. I have been there a few times.

The road from Pak Chong takes you past all the tourist areas and accommodations. Just before the main gate, there is a road to the left that takes you over to 304. Take a left and go back to 2 and the BKK. It is a nice ride. Not great but nice.

• Like 1

Make sure that your exhaust sound levels are not too high. They will stop you from going into the park proper is your exhaust is too loud.

Anything is possible but they haven't been enforcing any noise restrictions lately

So the entry rules are only on noise restrictions?

What are the allowable levels? How are they testing these? My bike makes alot of noise but last time I was at Khao Yai there were mopeds making a much louder noise.. Terrible noise but louder all the same.

It's not clear. Bumped into a fellow bike on his Versys two days ago who was prevented entry with his standard exhaust!

up to the mood of the gate guy!

Yeah I'm guessing this depends on how much you smile, how polite you are, how nice you look etc. rather than any clearly defined and consistently enforced rule.

I have only done this in a cage, but the road is typically in good condition, and is a more exciting choice that up and around by highway. If you are up for a long ride (you mention days) the take the right as you exit the park around Wat Pa Khao Yai and saunter over to the 304 to drop you south into Nadi and Krabin before taking the Prachinburi route back. You can also consider the route through Bang Sang which avoids major roads and drops you into Min Buri.

Enjoy.

Any recomendations on the 3077 / 2090 going through Khao Yai ?

• Like 1

Just dont abuse the fact you are on a noisy piece of junk wanting to show off just how noisy and badass you can be.....its a national park...its foremost for the animals protection and peaceful existence, try to think along those lines and all will be fine.

Just dont abuse the fact you are on a noisy piece of junk wanting to show off just how noisy and badass you can be.....its a national park...its foremost for the animals protection and peaceful existence, try to think along those lines and all will be fine.

Thanks again Dikhead you don't even drive a bike. You just like to stir the pot. Formerly 4 other names banned from TV! You are in the wrong forum buddy try virgin sensitive ears forum or any of the local forums to just bitch! We know you can give a rats ass but the pig with lipstick fit you better.

• Like 2

very sad if they are still doing it for bikes and not cars, trucks, busses.

also what about those loud karaoke parties in jungle resorts until the morning echoing from the hills?

so no measures on these and just bikes?

c'mon f...k that guys. if you agree on this, you agree on being a money cow and living up to the mood of primary 6 graduate gatemen.

Imo its very good they do something to get rid of loud bikes in national parks. And it works, people start thinking about it before entering the park. The alternative to checking the noise level would be to ban bikes completely.

• Like 1

Imo its very good they do something to get rid of loud bikes in national parks. And it works, people start thinking about it before entering the park. The alternative to checking the noise level would be to ban bikes completely.

and that would be a great option, ban riding all bikes as most of them cannot control themselves and they then also ruin it for the minority that can. But thats ok cos they can take it out on each other at biker meets, like the juveniles they are.