Thai Police announces plan to crack down on nationwide drug networks

webfact

RTP announces plan to crack down on nationwide drug networks

BANGKOK, 24 August 2014 (NNT) -- Police General Pongsapat Pongcharoen, Deputy Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police, has revealed that after months of investigations and arrests, the RTP has a clearer view of the country's drug networks.

There are five major networks, two of which smuggle drugs through the North and Northeastern regions. A third network smuggles drugs into the Central region and stockpiles them in the Bangkok area.

The fourth network smuggles drugs into the Southern region. The last network is a large one, which has the technical ability to transfer money out of the country. All of these networks are clearly linked.

The RTP has settled on a plan to crack down on these drug networks and arrest all those involved, especially those financial backers on the upper level who are behind the whole drug smuggling operation.

The RTP promises to continue the crackdown relentlessly and intensely, to eradicate the country's drug problem and protect the young from drug addiction.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-08-25 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

The war on drugs has failed in every country... Thailand will be no exception lol.

Only way to control them is to legalise them. I know that wouldn't happen anywhere in SEA though

Stupid mentality to legalise drugs.......in case you havn't noticed...yaba, ya-ice etc send people nuts!

We see the evidence of drug users so often in the Thai media......

• Like 2

Need to get tough not to give in to the drug lords of this world. Instead of making drugs legal make it that the culprits do not ever come out of jail and make a drug jail specifically for them so they have the enjoyment of being next to the scum that deal take and abuse the lives of young and innocent parties by getting them hooked and supplied for life. Make the families pay for the jail time and give them the option of death rather than jail! That would sort a few out and don't reply the goodie goodies of life because that is why we have terrorism around the world mostly supplied through drug dealings.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Start within your own organisation.

Good Point! Pretty sure they have started to do this with the arrest of a top Cop in Chiangmai.

I think this new effort to surgically go after all aspects of the drug business whilst offering rehabilitation for some

and proper education for the youth. The war on drugs has been a complete failure do to continued donkey methods.

For Thailand messing with a drug rings finances is a game changer.

The war on drugs has failed in every country... Thailand will be no exception lol.

Only way to control them is to legalise them. I know that wouldn't happen anywhere in SEA though

Stupid mentality to legalise drugs.......in case you havn't noticed...yaba, ya-ice etc send people nuts!

Obviously prohibition and enforcement have worked so well. Just like prohibition of alcohol created truly organized crime organizations in the US, it's doing the same in other places and with other substances. With the reduction of supply and demand being constant the profit margins go up. Since this business is illegal, only organizations comfortable with illegal activities will get involved. Combine high profit margins and no legal/moral scruples you get the results we see today. It would be much better, cheaper, and safer to purchase whatever you want to ingest in a regulated environment where the products have actually be tested and proper taxes paid. It works for alcohol, why not for everything else.

People get addicted to alcohol, food, video games, sex, you name it. Are you suggesting they should be banned?

Exactly.

Well good luck! No country in this world has ever sólved that problem! There is no better way of money laundrying, no better way of corruption, no better way officials, police and all the mafia and gangs to make big money!

So why should they give up?????

That is until the Yanks tell them that its ok to do so...

And your way has worked so well for so many years. It's cost so little and showed so many results we might as well keep the same course Captain...

• Like 1

And your way has worked so well for so many years. It's cost so little and showed so many results we might as well keep the same course Captain...

Becuase lets face it... The war on drugs has worked out really well and we are winning? cheesy.gif

Not only in the Media but I am seeing those nuts in my village.

Set the death sentence of Yaba to 30 gram maximum and send them to the gallows or live sentence.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but Yaba is out of control in Thailand and it needs a firm hand.

Also arrest those police officers on Khaosan Road as all those Reggae bars sell Ganya, Yaba and even Kokain.

Start with the lower Sukumvit area and arrest all those guys from Africa that are dealing in drugs.

Edited by MobileContent
  • Like 1

Alcohol is a substance that has contributed to volumes of human misery over the centuries. Prohibition only drove drove it underground and organized crime took full advantage to make billions of dollars in the USA.

Legalization of drugs seems an alternative, with all the complications that may accompany it.

I don't have the answers...only questions.