Arabian Motorcyclists Arrested For Racing In Pattaya

Rimmer

Arabian Motorcyclists Arrested For Racing In Pattaya

3213.jpg
PATTAYA – August 25, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 03.00 am Pol.Capt.Witsanu Chaisuwan-deputy inspector of Pattaya police station- was leading a team to patrol in and around Pattaya when they were notified that a large number of motorcyclists were racing in Bali Hai pier, South Pattaya. After notification the police rushed to the scene.

At the scene the police arrested 9 motorcyclists who were Arabian and also seized all of their before sending them to the police station.

The police officers revealed that the commander had ordered the police officers to intensify and clamp down on motorcyclist gangs after the gangs had annoyed people. In addition they will also clamp down on people who play loud music in their cars.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/arabian-motorcyclists-arrested-for-racing-in-pattaya/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-08-25

• Like 2

Arabian is not a nationality.

It's like saying a person is Eastern European, S E Asian or Central American.

In Thailand it's as bad as calling a caucasian a ferang. It's typically non-specific.

I don't think it's bad.

Arabs are an ETHNIC group that spans across concentrations in numerous nations.

Of course any such descriptors can be imprecise.

Such as the common mistake of classifying Iranians as Arabs.

I would have said Arabic, not Arabians though.

If they all came from the same country, why not name the nationality, but most probably, they didn't.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

When are they going to clamp down on 11 year olds riding bikes?

Personally I find them by far more annoying than a few Arabs racing each other for 20 mins once in millennium

Being knocked down and injured/killed, by with an 11 year old or anyone else is more than annoying.

I agree on the danger of minors driving cycles, not to mention the babies and kids being transported.

• Like 1

I see these cretins every morning at the moment on Pratumnak Hill. They race around between 6:00 and 6:30am, the minimum is 3 motorbikes and the maximum is around 15, with 2 or 3 young Arabs on each vehicle. It's probably just before or just after the morning prayer at the mosque.

They obviously all live around Walking Street. None of them wears a helmet, they drive very fast, wrecklessly and loud (honk, screams, super noisy engines) totally disrupting the wonderful peace of the park at dawn, and it's very very hard not to have a very very anti-Arab reaction, I regret to say ...

Oh... and by the way, it's all happening just a few hundred meters away from the headquarters of the Tourist Police ... whistling.gif

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 1

I see these cretins every morning at the moment on Pratumnak Hill. They race around between 6:00 and 6:30am, the minimum is 3 motorbikes and the maximum is around 15, with 2 or 3 young Arabs on each vehicle. It's probably just before or just after the morning prayer at the mosque.

They obviously all live around Walking Street. None of them wears a helmet, they drive very fast, wrecklessly and loud (honk, screams, super noisy engines) totally disrupting the wonderful peace of the park at dawn, and it's very very hard not to have a very very anti-Arab reaction, I regret to say ...

Oh... and by the way, it's all happening just a few hundred meters away from the headquarters of the Tourist Police ... whistling.gif

nah, let them some fun. Thanks god none of the Arabs got injured.

Arabian is not a nationality.

It's like saying a person is Eastern European, S E Asian or Central American.

In Thailand it's as bad as calling a caucasian a ferang. It's typically non-specific.

This may be a bit off topic but...

In case of a casual encounter, there's usually no way of knowing a person's nationality.

If the person is a farang, what else could you call them? Maybe call them Caucasian

Westerners or CW for short. Somehow, I doubt that would ever catch on.

Call a farang a foreigner doesn't work -- Japanese, Chinese and filipinos are foreigners,

but they are not farang.

I noticed a number of folks on TV seem to be offended by the term farang, but it seems

to me to be the most reasonable and fitting term.

Edited by BradinAsia

..............After notification the police rushed to the scene................

.....on their 100ccs goof.gif

if you read the articles often, almost every story starts off with "police rushed to the scene"

and then towards the end of the articles, it says "initially they were charged with blah blah blah. then ends the sentence lol.