Bars with regular girls and ladyboy staff why?

Ok so I'm sure this has been talked about already but I would like to go over it again.

Why in Thailand do you have ladyboys working alongside regular girls in bars?

If you are a straight man it is very annoying when there is a ladyboy that is always coming up to you asking you to buy he/she a drink. Excuse me I told you for the 7th time I am not buying you a drink because I would like to sit and talk to a real woman and not a ladyboy. If you are into that sorta thing good for you but go to a specific bar that caters to ladyboys. If I was a bar owner I wouldn't be hiring ladyboy staff they are just a annoyance to the customers.

Doesn't it seem like this is a recipe for problems when they are working at the same bar? And isn't it bad for business?

Thanks!

• Like 1

If you really have such a dislike to ladyboys hassling you in the bar you are drinking in then all you have to do is talk to the Mamasan

or owner of the bar and say that you don't appreciate the hassle you are getting from said LB.

Personally speaking I think that they are an asset to a bar,they are lively,pull in the punters and when the sh#t hits the fan they also

double up as security.......plus they can normally give you one hellava game of pool.

Live and let live fella...........

• Like 2

Ladyboys are very popular in Thailand and make some of the best workers in bars and entertainment venues.

The OP should investigate why he thinks they are irritating. Normally they are not irritating, they're just ladyboys being ladyboys.

If you really have such a dislike to ladyboys hassling you in the bar you are drinking in then all you have to do is talk to the Mamasan

or owner of the bar and say that you don't appreciate the hassle you are getting from said LB.

Personally speaking I think that they are an asset to a bar,they are lively,pull in the punters and when the sh#t hits the fan they also

double up as security.......plus they can normally give you one hellava game of pool.

Live and let live fella...........

Depends on who's sinking the pink and who's sinking the brown

The LadyBoys are prettier?

Just my friends Bt 300 BarFine's opinion ... biggrin.png

I think the real question is can flyingsaucersarereal can milk this as professionally as K Costas ... w00t.gif

I know deep down, I'm going to regret the post above.

OP, as crazy or sad as it sounds , but the reason is because so many "straight" man are not really all that straight.

I once asked the bar owner the same question and his answer was because they bring money and customers.

OP, out of interest, where is this particular bar/bars located?

What is the customer base, ie, mainly locals or tourists?

The answer to line 2 should give you the answer. LB's are a novelty for tourists to Thailand. If it is mainly locals, you may have read the clientele slightly wrong. Considering the job of the manager/owner is to make the bar profit (as konying said earlier), then they will offer diversity in their leased products..................wink.png

Seriously, if you are that offended with the LB's, have a word with the mamasan, the word will spread quickly enough.

II do believe in truth in advertising and before any interaction it should be made clear that the lady is actually a ladyboy. I make no judgement on her rights to be what she wants to be but the customer should have rights to only get what he wants to get.

• Like 1

II do believe in truth in advertising and before any interaction it should be made clear that the lady is actually a ladyboy. I make no judgement on her rights to be what she wants to be but the customer should have rights to only get what he wants to get.

Most people would probably ask the person in question if they are, or aren't. There is nothing to be ashamed of by having been fooled. It's would be taken as a compliment by the ladyboy.

Edited by 96tehtarp

Harrrrryyyyy - you have to feel the love, mate.

It might surprise you to learn that many of these Ladyboys have more money than the gals....and actually own many of the girlie bars. People of a different persuasion often patronize each other....and, like it or not, control the bar scene to an amazing degree. Some are downright good managers and know their way around town government/protection schemes. Street savvy.

Edited by slipperylobster