Hot Salt Beef Sandwiches

Anybody tried "Great american Ribs" restaurant on Sukumvit Soi 36? I don't think they do exactly what you're looking for but they Do offer a SERIOUS meat over dose!! Try the Feast (or half feast for 2 - 3 people)... Pastrami (pork I think) chicken & ribs + extras and, for what you get, reasonable prices... although not cheap. I think they have one in Hua HIn also.

Phone no. 02 661 3801 - if u want to check out the menu.

I found the place by chance, took an American friend there and now he can;t stop going back!!

M&M

• 5 months later...

I'm glad to see that other people like theese sandwiches too. I too like them, and added this to our menu in November-06. '#511 - Grilled Hot Pastrami & Swiss on Rye'

I'm sorry, we only deliver in South Pattaya. Enjoy

post-42066-1171535462_thumb.jpg

Edited by SubsNSuds

That's the first thing I ate when I went back to visit my relatives. Walked out of the airport and drove to straight to my favorite deli for a giant sized Montreal smoked meat sandwich on rye, mustard and pickle on the side.

I remember someone mentioning previously a deli would open in Pattaya.

sandwichfrontpage3.jpg

jesus wept. that is a thing of beauty. bens sandwiches and a caesar. i want.

That's the first thing I ate when I went back to visit my relatives. Walked out of the airport and drove to straight to my favorite deli for a giant sized Montreal smoked meat sandwich on rye, mustard and pickle on the side.

sandwichfrontpage3.jpg

jesus wept. that is a thing of beauty. bens sandwiches and a caesar. i want.

yassuh!!!...me sum too...

Anybody tried "Great american Ribs" restaurant on Sukumvit Soi 36? I don't think they do exactly what you're looking for but they Do offer a SERIOUS meat over dose!! Try the Feast (or half feast for 2 - 3 people)... Pastrami (pork I think) chicken & ribs + extras and, for what you get, reasonable prices... although not cheap. I think they have one in Hua HIn also.

Phone no. 02 661 3801 - if u want to check out the menu.

I found the place by chance, took an American friend there and now he can;t stop going back!!

M&M

They also deliver under the "Food by Phone" program. Ribs are great!

• 1 month later...

sandwichfrontpage3.jpg

That my friend is a work of art..It doesn't get much better than that...My stomach is groaning already.

The only corned beef I have seen here (pastrami) has not been brisket of beef.

I have never seen brisket of beef for sale in Thai supermarkets.

I have a couple of questions.

I assume corned beef in the US is the same as Hot salt beef in the UK. Is this correct?

Is it very popular in the UK and or Australia?

Certainly used to be popular in Australia. Note that I mentioned it in November Rain's cruel thread about foods we'd like to have in front of us. I had not noticed this thread when I responded. Corned beef, boiled amongst whole onions and peppercorns, with mustard/horseradish and spuds and cabbage was perhaps my true favourite amongst my Mum's repertoire, which was large. Good quality meat is essential; bad corned beef is nasty. Makes great sandwiches with any of the condiments the Brits are so good at. (Cross & Blackwell Picallili, for example.)

Edited by WaiWai

• 3 months later...
I'm glad to see that other people like theese sandwiches too. I too like them, and added this to our menu in November-06. '#511 - Grilled Hot Pastrami & Swiss on Rye'

I'm sorry, we only deliver in South Pattaya. Enjoy

that looks like a reuben, which is not really the same thing...