China seizes 30,000 tons of chicken feet tainted by hydrogen peroxide

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It got somewhat lost in translation. It is not the Hydrogen Peroxide that was in danger of being ingested as it breaks down very quickly into oxygen and water.. What the story was about was that they were cleaning heavily contaminated chicken feet which were up to 46 years old! H2O2 is good for sterilising and there would be no Hydrogen Peroxide left on the chicken after washing. The problem is that there are more than likely toxins left on the chicken bearing in mind the heavily contiminated feet were up to 46 years old!

I ran a milk packing factory for 2 year. In the packing of UHT milk Hydrogen peroxide is used to sterilise the internal packaging on a continuous basis and no one has, or will ever, get ill due to the use of hydrogen peroxide.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was very confused at the start as 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution is a very common food grade cleaner. You can even stick a tablespoon in a glass of water and by all accounts it does wonders for your insides (please check quantities before any of you rush out and try it!!)

When will these fellas ever learn? They should make it compulsory for all food producers and workers to attend food safety courses. I would not be surprised if they do this in Thailand as well, looking at how "good looking" some of the chicken feets are at the supermarkets.

• Like 1

What is it that people like so much about the feet? It is what chickens use for scratching up worms and vermin. However repulsive, I used to find it funny to see signs in english (Philippines) advertising chicken asses in the mall food courts.

Must be something to it.

I wouldn't eat a chickens arse, but quite partial to a Parson's Nose.

Or pope's nose if you're not Catholic.

When will these fellas ever learn? They should make it compulsory for all food producers and workers to attend food safety courses. I would not be surprised if they do this in Thailand as well, looking at how "good looking" some of the chicken feets are at the supermarkets.

I agree about the extraordinary whiteness of some of the chicken feet I've seen and eaten....only reading this article, I realise why.