Girl, 3, escapes alleged beating, burning by teen dad

Lite Beer

Girl, 3, escapes alleged beating, burning by teen dad

By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- A battered 3-year-old girl was taken into protective custody by Khlong Ton police last night after she sought help from neighbors in her apartment building to escape physical abuse reportedly inflicted by her teen stepfather.

Yupin Apartment owner Nirut Tipmanee called the police after he found a starved toddler with bruises and cigarette burns on her face and body. The 3-year-old girl, whose name was withheld, told rescue volunteers she was injured by her 17-year-old stepfather.

"Papa hit me. Papa hit me with a belt and burned me with cigarettes," the girl told the rescue volunteers. "It hurt, and I cried, but my mom didn't help me."

According to Nirut, the girl's mother is a 19-year-old convenience store worker, and her stepfather is a 17-year-old mortician at a Sukhumvit Road temple. Authorities withheld both of their names from the public.

Read More: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/08/26/girl-3-escapes-alleged-beating-burning-teen-dad

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-08-26

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What gives her the right to request privacy, the child should be taken into care and the mother and the a_sehole stepfather publicly named and shamed, he should also be rounded up and severely dealt with, and that's not a little slap on the wrist.

Anyone doing this to anyone else, particularly a child needed the harshest punishment possible dealt out to them.

The anonymity is given for the sake of the child not the mother or stepfather. That is SOP internationally. Poor little thing will be better off out of that environment.

Do you really think she made the request in the interest of the child - wouldn't think so," .. who she pleaded with to keep the story private" should have thought about the child earlier .. ""It hurt, and I cried, but my mom didn't help me." "

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

What gives her the right to request privacy, the child should be taken into care and the mother and the a_sehole stepfather publicly named and shamed, he should also be rounded up and severely dealt with, and that's not a little slap on the wrist.

Anyone doing this to anyone else, particularly a child needed the harshest punishment possible dealt out to them.

The anonymity is given for the sake of the child not the mother or stepfather. That is SOP internationally. Poor little thing will be better off out of that environment.

Do you really think she made the request in the interest of the child - wouldn't think so," .. who she pleaded with to keep the story private" should have thought about the child earlier .. ""It hurt, and I cried, but my mom didn't help me." "

Police requested, not parents. Let it go.

So a 17 year old Thai man managed to batter a 3 year old without the help of about 10 mates he must be some sort of hero to young Thai men how he managed alone to beat a 3 year old he is obvious a mentally defecated youth who is not fit to walk the streets amongst normal people and therefore should be locked up for public safety for about 40 years then try mixing with the public again but never near children banned for life going near children.

• Like 1

No, of course NOT. But the child cannot be named as in all cases of abuse or alleged abuse.

I hope after conviction the parents are locked up and named, the child hopeful will be adopted by loving parents who will give her their family name.

One reason to name the parents is to shame their parents, should not have brought their children up to act like this.

Just to get the record straight so there is no miss understanding ;

"After the couple learned the story had reached the police, the stepfather reportedly fled while the teen mother was detained by the police, who she pleaded with to keep the story private." Coconuts Bangkok.

typical of what we can expect here, save face, they beat the crap out of the child or allow it to happen and then do not want anyone to know how pathetic and low down they are when they are caught. How in the hell can we expect this country to become part of the 20th century when they continually do this sort of crap, name them and shame them, they deserve it in spades and remove the little girl from the mothers custody as she is obviously unfit to be a mother

There is no western or eastern country that publishes the name of the parents in the case of a minor that is involved in any case to protect the minor it has nothing to do with protecting the parents. Courts would love to name them but the PC police had dictated that you can not even if they are proven guilty.

• Like 1

Wow... that is horrifying. No end to twisted people... I hope the girl gets the help she need and the parents are punished.

No sympathy for the parents, but I would venture to say that they were probably subject to the same as children. It is a nasty circle.

Just to get the record straight so there is no miss understanding ;

"After the couple learned the story had reached the police, the stepfather reportedly fled while the teen mother was detained by the police, who she pleaded with to keep the story private." Coconuts Bangkok.

"Authorities withheld both of their names from the public."

The mother asked the whole incident to be kept quite, not names. The authorities did not do as she requested. As prbkk said, it is standard not to release names in cases such as this.

• Like 1

Both parents are culpable and should be held responsible and the child should be put into care as neither of these adolescents should be allowed near children. Any one burning a three year old with cigarettes is beyond redemption.

I used to take comfort from a story i was told many years ago, about a man who blinded his toddler and was jailed in Glasgow.

The prison doctor was called to his cell and he reported virtually every bone in the guy's body were broken and he was blinded.

unfortunately my information is that Thai prisoners exact no retribution whatever the crime.