US woman held hostage in Syria, US citizen killed

webfact

US woman held hostage in Syria, US citizen killed

Washington: -- The Islamic State militant group is holding hostage a young American woman who was doing humanitarian aid work in Syria, a family representative said on Tuesday. The 26-year-old woman is the third American known to have been kidnapped by the militant group. US officials also confirmed that an American citizen fighting for the Islamic State was killed in Syria.

The Islamic State group recently threatened to kill American hostages to avenge the crushing air strikes in Iraq against militants advancing on Mount Sinjar and the Kurdish capital of Erbil.

The 26-year-old woman was captured last year while working with three humanitarian groups in Syria. A representative for the family and US officials asked that the woman not be identified out of fear for her safety. All spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to discuss the issue publicly.

Separately, a 33-year-old American who was fighting for the militant group Islamic State was killed in recent days in a battle with a rival group in Syria, a senior US official said on Tuesday.

The authorities identified the man as Douglas McAuthur McCain of San Diego. According to a human rights group that tracks the conflict in Syria, McCain was killed in a battle in Marea, a city in northern Syria near the Turkish border.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/us-woman-held-hostage-in-syria-us-citizen-killed-20140827-108vb1.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2014-08-27

Douglas McAuthur McCain, what a great name for a muslim terrorist to have.

He won't be taking delivery of his 72 virgins using that name, why don't the press dig out the name he assumed? It's as misleading as referring to Muhammad Ali as Casius Clay.

He won't be taking delivery of his 72 virgins using that name, why don't the press dig out the name he assumed? It's as misleading as referring to Muhammad Ali as Casius Clay.

I'm wondering if he said "I shall return" because that would be some feat.

Sure I met his accomplice undercover in a Hotel I was in recently. Was working in the cloakroom under the guise of Mahat Macoat LOL !!! cheesy.gif

Edited by ScotBkk