What is the best brand of 'brushcutter' to buy in thailand

By brushcutter I mean 'whipper snipper'. I dont know what you call it in your country but if you have purchased one of these in LOS to cut down long grass etc.... what brand did you buy? Did you opt for the blade or cord?

They all seem to be a lot cheaper than back home. Then again, everything is cheaper here

thanks

I would go to a local place that sells and repairs them and have them recommend one. That way you have a local repair shop when it breaks. I live in farm country and all here are blade type, nobody uses the cord type.

• Like 1

For me, the cord ones sold here are too short. I have to work with my back bent, which is uncomfortable. The plastic side handle snapped off my Black and Dekker a few days ago. Not difficult to get replacement parts for this brand, but it shows it's not a robust machine.

I use a Honda 4 stroke on the 2 or 3 rai. I sometimes use a blade but I bought a circular head a couple of months ago and I use 2.5mm square nylon which is safer and doesn't throw stones anything like as far.

It is also better around trees, shrubs, plastic water pipes and concrete edges as it flexes and doesn't chop things. Granted I have to replace the nylon but I pay about 850 baht for I think about 250 metres and just cut off 30 or 40 lengths as required.

The disk has 8 holes but I only use 4 and run the nylon through opposite holes. It works OK for mt

e.

1st choice- Honda 4 stroke. 2nd choice - any other brand 4 stroke.

Most of them come with a blade but you can easily buy and fit a nylon type holder.

The various 2 strokes I have bought over the years have all given trouble, I used to have muscles like Superman trying to start the damn things.

I use a Honda 4 stroke on the 2 or 3 rai. I sometimes use a blade but I bought a circular head a couple of months ago and I use 2.5mm square nylon which is safer and doesn't throw stones anything like as far.

It is also better around trees, shrubs, plastic water pipes and concrete edges as it flexes and doesn't chop things. Granted I have to replace the nylon but I pay about 850 baht for I think about 250 metres and just cut off 30 or 40 lengths as required.

The disk has 8 holes but I only use 4 and run the nylon through opposite holes. It works OK for mt

e.

Where did you buy this please? Important!

e.

Where did you buy this please? Important!

In the local shop in the village where I live in rural Thailand. It was a CPAC shop but they should be available in most places.

I can't remember how much but it was not expansive.

post-5614-0-75320100-1409294383_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-48224000-1409294386_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-85734400-1409294388_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-72185800-1409294391_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Thanks. I have only seen really useless stuff as far as threads are concerned, around here, which will be why the Thais don't use it. I suspect that you only get 4-T motors because they forget to buy mixture and only have saw blades because you need an easily losable tool to change the thread.

Chinese no name 2-stroke weed whackers are about 2,500bht and come with a blade and harness.

Nylon head is about 80bht, roll of nylon another 60bht.

Bit of a lottery, I had one that was a pig to start, the next one starts first time every time.

Forget electric, waste of time and break very quickly (yes, black and decker, you know who you are)

The good one I have is called a Mitsuki CG260.

Didn't use it for 6 months, still started second pull.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

I had several 2 strokes and none lasted more than a couple of years so I gave up on them.

The amount I have to keep clear is between 2 and 3 rai, some flat, some hilly, some sloping and some stony.

The 4 stroke Honda works well and I also have one on 2 motorbike wheels with a 5.5 Honda engine. That is great for big flay areas but it doesn't like rocks and the blades tend to throw rocks out at an amazing rate but I won't show you the bruises I get now and again. It is a great heavy duty grass cutter but heavy to push uphill so when I use it I start at the top and work crossways down the slope.

Given that I am 70 doesn't make it too easy either.

Chinese no name 2-stroke weed whackers are about 2,500bht and come with a blade and harness.

Nylon head is about 80bht, roll of nylon another 60bht.

Bit of a lottery, I had one that was a pig to start, the next one starts first time every time.

Forget electric, waste of time and break very quickly (yes, black and decker, you know who you are)

The good one I have is called a Mitsuki CG260.

Didn't use it for 6 months, still started second pull.

The nylon that I use (seen in the photo) is 2.5mm square in white but I did try the yellow one which was thinner but it didn't last as long.

• Like 1

I had several 2 strokes and none lasted more than a couple of years so I gave up on them.

The amount I have to keep clear is between 2 and 3 rai, some flat, some hilly, some sloping and some stony.

The 4 stroke Honda works well and I also have one on 2 motorbike wheels with a 5.5 Honda engine. That is great for big flay areas but it doesn't like rocks and the blades tend to throw rocks out at an amazing rate but I won't show you the bruises I get now and again. It is a great heavy duty grass cutter but heavy to push uphill so when I use it I start at the top and work crossways down the slope.

Given that I am 70 doesn't make it too easy either.

I had a two stroke Husqvarna, used it professionally and it lasted me 25 years. The 2.5mm square thread went through most stuff and enabled me to get under and into nooks and crannies, go along walls and fences. Died of old age just as I was moving. Cost about ฿50 000.- I think.

fed up with blokes not wanting to work 7-8hrs.a day for 800bht.cutting grass and trimming,we bought our own bushcutter.

went home pro.the bloke in charge of the dept.wasnt in so we had a good look and decided after one of the shadows told us don't buy that one we have had some trouble with them,so we plumped for a dearer one 4.5k.bht.

had to take it back twice and we saw the right bloke this time,oh these are going back,have this one,our original choice and only

about 3k.bht had it over a yr.had one problem the choke was sticking otherwise its been great.

the wife used the cutting blade for a while but as its already been pointed out u will get stones flying about.

so she bought one of those nylon strimmer blocks and its been great.

the one we bought EUROE BRUSH CUTTER MODEL ROB-411AB made in Germany.

Thanks. I have only seen really useless stuff as far as threads are concerned, around here, which will be why the Thais don't use it. I suspect that you only get 4-T motors because they forget to buy mixture and only have saw blades because you need an easily losable tool to change the thread.

Here is the bigger 2 wheel "thing".

One year I found some metal panels and bolted them on as a stone guard and some plywood for a front cover. They work fairly well but the bigger rocks get through sometimes and it gets painful too getting clumped by a rock.

post-5614-0-48181000-1409372104_thumb.jp post-5614-0-26660100-1409372107_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-49004800-1409372110_thumb.jp post-5614-0-00817000-1409372114_thumb.jp

Edited by billd766