IMF boss Christine Lagarde put under investigation in French fraud case

webfact

IMF boss Christine Lagarde put under investigation in French fraud case

PARIS: -- IMF chief Christine Lagarde has been placed under formal investigation by French magistrates for her alleged role in a long-running political fraud case, a source close to the former French finance minister said.

The source said Ms Lagarde, who was earlier questioned by magistrates in Paris under her existing status as a witness, considered their decision to investigate her for alleged "negligence" was unfounded and would appeal it.

A French judiciary source also confirmed the step.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/imf-boss-christine-lagarde-put-under-investigation-in-french-fraud-case-20140827-1098ep.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2014-08-27

While I agree with the above posts, France has a funny Magistrate system where you train to be a Magistrate out of university. No years of legal experience first. Some have a political agenda, so I will reserve judgement for now and see what transpires for Madame Lagarde.

• Like 1

While I agree with the above posts, France has a funny Magistrate system where you train to be a Magistrate out of university.

No years of legal experience first. Some have a political agenda, so I will reserve judgement for now and see what transpires for

Madame Lagarde.

France has a funny Magistrate system

Did you meant France have a leftist Magistrate system with a biased political agenda?smile.png

Dominique Strauss Kahn...

Ms. Legarde...who's next to fail?

Obama?
what's next to fail? religion, esoteric, metaphysics, paranormal, astrology, Wonder Bread, Rocky Raccoon?

Rocky Raccoon sounds a good bet. That "bandit mask" around the eyes is a dead giveaway?