Arizona shooting: Girl, nine, kills gun instructor

Lite Beer

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uzi, not held very tightly, pull up and to the left upon firing.

Photos show the instructor leaving over above and to the left of the girl.

Thin the herd of gun instructors.

Also you can see her left hand completely loses grip and only holding it with her right. No bracing of the gun with both hands and no bracing of it by the instructor.

It is quite astonishing that the parents have put the video on you tube. I can't quite believe it. Then again I would not believe they have their daughter firing an Uzi. Perhaps instead of parents taking children to weapons lessons, children should be taking parents to 'effective parenting' lessons.

You think parents are only ones with the tape?

Wait for the civil lawsuit to hit. It will be well into the $millions. The parents and instructor and owners/managers of the firing range should be charged with any one of a number of crimes such as reckless endangerment, endangering a child... Whatever.

I am pretty confident that the NRA is lawyering-up all those that that may be charged as well as making considerable 'donations' to those that may be considering suing anyone. The whole thing will be buried in short attention span theater that is called US life. In the meantime, someone will be able to blame it all on Obama.

Gun instructor is totally at fault here...the child Is only doing what she has been told to do...he should have helped hold the gun for her during the automatic experience...as it that was really necessary...

Anyways, short bursts of 3 to 5 rounds would be the best strategy for an inexperience user. Not emptying the entire magazine and losing complete control. A little dry fire (no ammo) with the instructor physically applying pressure (recoil) would have helped. I doubt there will be many other 9 year girls (outside of africa, firing submachine guns.

Just awful. A nine year old girl being taught to fire an Uzi. Her target was a silhouette of a man. The whole scene has horrible echoes of a Jihadist training camp!

Would have been interesting to see the comments here if it had been a video and story of a nine year old Arab girl shooting her instructor with an Uzi on a shooting range in say Iraq or Gaza!

There is nothing about guns that are useful in society

Killing your enemies?

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse?

Anyway, I'm just happy the kid was unharmed.

Shooting instructor wins Darwin Award.

Zombies ???? I thought all on this forum was more frightened of tuk tuk drivers who try to rip them off of 30 baht

Hahahah :)

if they do it in islam countries, than the US have to defend themselves, right ?

NRA quote

True the USA labels them as terrorists the Islamic country would label these kids firing Uzi as threats to Islam ...really ?

Who buys that thoughts except extremists ????

Then again the freedom to do whatever one chooses based on an amendment is a fundamental right ...if it makes any sense in this day and age

I am absolutely stunned that 9 year olds are encouraged to fire any guns let alone Uzis! I'm from the other side of the pond and trying very hard to comprehend but it's just so obviously plain wrong that this is allowed anywhere.

Dumbstruck can't do justice to anyone's reaction to this incident. Though where those people are concerned - all of them - dumb stands on its own six feet. And still the gun ass...ociation will quote the second amendment, chapter and verse, as though it's the only true God.

That incident bolsters my long-held belief that you don't have to be a macho man to be lethal with a gun. However, that's what movies and the NRA try to force down our throats: that guns are for tough guys and guns make guys tougher. Look at the cover art at any DVD place. Over half the movies are action, and over half of those show some muscular dude holding a gun menacingly.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is quite astonishing that the parents have put the video on you tube. I can't quite believe it. Then again I would not believe they have their daughter firing an Uzi. Perhaps instead of parents taking children to weapons lessons, children should be taking parents to 'effective parenting' lessons.

You think parents are only ones with the tape?

Well that's what all the media says! Referring to the video on Youtube:

In the video, taken by her parents as they watched on, 39-year-old Vacca is heard telling the girl how to stand before instructing her to take one shot.

UPDATE:

No charges in accidental gun range shooting

(BBC) Officials say there will be no charges for a nine-year-old girl who killed her shooting instructor by accident.

The death of Charles Vacca, 39, was "being viewed as an industrial accident," Mohave County Sheriff's office said in a statement.

Vacca was giving the girl a lesson at an Arizona shooting range when the recoil from a firearm caused her to lose control of the Uzi submachine gun.

He died after being airlifted to a hospital in Las Vegas.

The girl was at the shooting range with her parents, who filmed the lesson.

The footage shows the instructor coaching her as she fires a single shot at a target at the Last Stop shooting range in White Hills, Arizona.

The Uzi then appears to be switched to automatic as the girl pulls the trigger and loses her grip of the weapon.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28976683

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-08-29

There you go, it now has the official OSHA sanction classification of an industrial accident. Move along now, nothing to see here.

Maybe high school shootings with multiple fatalities will be similarly downgraded to 'large-scale industrial accidents'.

Edited by NanLaew

The comments on this thread from the obvious Americans are quite incredulous. It is no wonder the world is in such a state when the self proclaimed global police force actually condone, believe and make no excuses for such obvious irresponsible and moronic behaviour. God Bless America!

So so sorry for the little girl who has been sentenced with a life of psychological baggage that she never asked for.

Not sorry for the range instructor &lt;deleted&gt;!

Parents deserve to serve the manslaughter sentence. Little girl will be better off without them.

Ps. I am a qualified weapons training instructor British Army (ex)

• Like 1

I agree , Americans are still living with guns like they did back in the wild west 150 years ago .

And they still practice death sentences, when most civilized parts of the world changed to life sentences for the worst criminals.

The result is what you can read about in newspapers every week. God bless America , you need all the blessing you can get .

post-160540-14093662536666_thumb.jpg

Just walking around Alaska last month and in the middle of nowhere a shop selling guns like a 7-11 in Thailand selling sodas

The easy availability and bling it on a gun culture is the root cause of so much anguish and accidental deaths and intentional gun shootings in schools

The supply chain is so easy to procure