Netanyahu declares 'victory' in Gaza

webfact

Why did the Arabs started to attack and murdering Jewish immigrants ?

Cos they were Jewish?, just a wild guess!

Not really.

The number of Jews were small in the early 20th century : it increased from 12000 in 1845 to nearly 85000 in 1914.

The Palestinians convened in 1919 their first national conference and expressed their opposition to the Balfour declarations.

In august 1929, the first large scale attack on Jews by Arabs rocked Jerusalem. The riots in which Palestinians killed 133 Jews and suffered 116 deaths.

Mostly inflicted by British troops were sparked by a dispute over use of the Western Wall of the Al-Aqsa mosque. This site is sacred to muslims, but Jews claimed it is the remaining of a Jewish temple.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Wall

So I guess that the problem of the upcoming Zionist ideology in that time from the Jewish immigrants was predictable and provocative.

Israel still occupies illegaly the majority of sacred Jerusalem...

Edited by Thorgal
  • Like 2

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas is a STATE in a COUNTRY. There has NEVER been an independent Arab country called Palestine and very few of the Arabs who lived in the area even owned any land. Your comparison makes no sense. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Still not naming your sources for your land ownership myth. To be expected I suppose.
There is no such thing as the Jewish people. Judaism is a religion; Jews are are not a race..they vary from jet black falashas to blonde haired blue eyed Azkhenazis. They are simply a loose knit cultural group diluted by centuries of intermarriage and conversions, Who after a 2000 years silence are now hearing voices from their imaginary supernatural friends that they have somehow a divine right to Palestine.
There doesn't appear to be a state of Israel either. Please let us know where its borders are...they seem to keep moving.
Of course there has been a Palestinian state. The Romans called it Syria Palæstina
But it goes back even further...
The term Peleset (transliterated from hieroglyphs as P-r-s-t) is found in numerous Egyptian documents referring to a neighboring people or land starting from c.1150 BCE during the Twentieth dynasty of Egypt.
The first clear use of the term Palestine to refer to the entire area between Phoenicia and Egypt was in 5th century BC Ancient Greece.
Herodotus wrote of a 'district of Syria, called Palaistinê" in The Histories, the first historical work clearly defining the region, which included the Judean mountains and the Jordan Rift Valley.

Actually UG is correct.

It's not the same Palestine, not the same people, most of them not even remotely related to the people who call themselves the Palestinians nowadays.

We've been over and over this on these threads, you really ought to do some reading as it gets boring repeating the same things.

Quick Zionism Background:

Whether I or you like it or not, we must acknowledge the facts - the state of Israel has been established from the very beginning, following the 1917 Balfour declaration and other consecutive events until the UN partition plan - first and foremost - as the national home of the Jewish people, an ethnic group that has proven historical roots in that land that go back more than 3,500 years, until banished from Israel around 2,000 years ago, by the Romans, of the ancient Rome empire.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration

Forget religion, forget god, forget bible, forget beliefs. Most Israelis are secular anyway. Let's refer to this group of people as an ethnic Israeli group.

Now, let's focus on basic math & facts for a moment. Approximately 99% of Jews are born Jews. It is well known, according to written history and historical & archaeological findings, that Jews origin is Israel.

Jews were banished from Israel and distributed in the world (Disapora), yet since approximately 99% of Jews are born Jews, and since it's very difficult to convert to become a Jew (Jews discourage conversions), unlike Muslim & Christians (both strongly encourage, sometimes force/d conversions) the vast majority of Jews nowadays are the ancestors of those same Jews who lived and "owned" the land of Israel.

No other ethnic group existing in this world have such strong proof of previous & initial, longest-term relationship to, "ownership" of, rights on the land of Israel, as Jews have, a land which historical evidences clearly indicate - has been stolen from them, before it belonged to anyone else living today.

I revisit the subject whenever UG or one of the other Israeli apologists makes his mendacious claims about Jewish land ownership, and that Jews have a stronger inherited right to the land than Palestinians, as though some long lost title deed has been found in a cellar in Jerusalem. At times it smacks of Ukrainian born Golda Meir’s outrageous insult:
“There were no such thing as Palestinians.” Sunday Times (15 June 1969), also in The Washington Post (16 June 1969) http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Golda_Meir
I disagree that “the Jewish people [are] an ethnic group that has proven historical roots in that land that go back more than 3,500 years”.
Far from it, there has been much intermarriage and conversions, especially amongst the Ashkenazi Jews. I am a prime example..my great great great grandmother was a Latvian Jew and my great great great grandfather a Scottish Presbyterian. The family have been brought up Christian ever since. But I surely don’t have more right to settle in Israel than a Palestinian farmer whose family has been there for centuries.
I don’t think Prof Richards here has an axe to grind. In fact he dispels the Khazaria theory.
"This suggests that, even though Jewish men may indeed have migrated into Europe from Palestine around 2000 years ago, they seem to have married European women," states Professor Richards. This suggests that, in the early years of the Diaspora, Judaism took in many converts from amongst the European population, but they were mainly recruited from amongst women. Thus, on the female line of descent, the Ashkenazim primarily trace their ancestry neither to Palestine nor to Khazaria in the North Caucasus -- as has also been suggested -- but to southern and western Europe.”
There are also studies that relate the shared genetic heritage of Jews and Palestinians
I am not a racist nor as blinkered as you with your made up figures “Approximately 99% of Jews are born Jews.” My research found that there are some shared genetics amongst Jews relating to their Middle Eastern heritage, but the same could be said of Palestinians, who may well be descended from pre Diaspora Jews.
It’s a sad fact that this could be one of the longest internecine conflicts in history.
I hope one day, as you say, we can forget religion and they can all just be Israelis.
Edited by dexterm
  • Like 2

“There were no such thing as Palestinians.” Sunday Times (15 June 1969), also in The Washington Post (16 June 1969)

Congratulations! This may the first REAL QUOTE that you have ever posted on this forum, and - of course - she was absolutely correct. Maybe you should stick to Wikiquote from now on, instead of those nutty websites.

This is the whole quote, by the way:

"There were no such thing as Palestinians. When was there an independent Palestinian people with a Palestinian state? It was either southern Syria before the First World War, and then it was a Palestine including Jordan. It was not as though there was a Palestinian people in Palestine considering itself as a Palestinian people and we came and threw them out and took their country away from them. They did not exist."

Another great Golda Meir quote:

"Peace will come to the Middle East when the Arabs love their children more than they hate us."

Individual Israeli soldiers may be making mistakes or killing people that shouldn't be killed and if intentionally hopefully they would be prosecuted, as in any war, but again it is not Israeli government policy to murder civilians. Compare to Hamas. coffee1.gif

We'll have to agree to disagree about the ethics of going after Hamas terrorist targets embedded in civilian areas. I think Israel and ANY nation would be justified in doing that.

The dancing on the graves of children "metaphor" is clearly used to make the leader of the Jew of nations, Israel, look like a MONSTER.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1