What do you carry your passport in when traveling ?

BKKdreaming

When on board, I do not leave it in the pouch of the seat in front of me anymore.

some 12 years back I did that and when I took it out at my destination, it smelled butter and all the stamps/ink had spread all over which landed me in some trouble.

the kid who sat next to me had saved butter in my pouch which melted!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BINGO......you are the first to get the right answer.

Always, carry my passboard (Sandmanese), in my man bag.

Along with all my other accessories, comb, brush, lipstick, mirror etc.

The problem is, I can never find it when I want, as my bag is soooooooo big.

Man bag????? lipstick, mirror????????

I'm a well organised man.

GREEK... that says it all cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You can collect your cuddly toy anytime, at your convenience.

What shade of lipstick would you prefer me to wear?

No need to come yourself... just send me the telephon numbers of the cuddly toys... (I mean those Uni girls that Mrs Costas does not allow you to look at anymore tongue.png )

If you noticed, I'm not the sharing type.

Of course there are exeptions to the rules (provide selfie for appreciation)

Go and get the numbers yourself you lazy so and so............

You mean MRS Costas is not the sharing type... that is why you have not much to share cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Best is to carry in a waist money belt that is worn around the waist and UNDER all clothing; next is pouch around neck and under the shirt.

Another option is in front pocket of pants, near your privates. If in deep trouble, stick it and valuables inside your underwear in front. Roll a 1000THB note around your leg and pull your sox up over it; hide in shoe is first place thief looks.

I do not trust in-room nor in-hotel lock up or safe.

I can not imagine anyone forgetting where their passport is ...... unless drunk or dope up.

Zip seal plastic baggie is good to protect from water.

Always, carry my passboard (Sandmanese), in my man bag.

Along with all my other accessories, comb, brush, lipstick, mirror etc.

The problem is, I can never find it when I want, as my bag is soooooooo big.

Costas

It is excellent that you are keeping up with Greek tradition.

In Ancient Greece the use of lipstick by men and women was very popular. The choice of colour indicated your social standing ( though the use of red lipstick by women did advertise their profession)

I wonder if you could divulge the colour that is kept securely along with your passport in your man bag?

• Like 1

At an airport or border, I keep it in my left shirt pocket (deep). Easily seen by me at all times. Somebody could not possible grab it like they could from trouser pocket, side bag, etc. Their hand would be in my face. Anyways, it is handy there. Everybody has a passport as they cross the border....if somebody wanted to take it, and pointed a gun at me...I would hand it over anyways, and then report it the same day. Foolish in a trouser pocket....I would be afraid of losing it in a toilet on a train or airplane. I keep money elsewhere (except for the border fees, which are in the passport). Atm card is in yet another place.

In some countries, such as the Philippines, I put some junk money (Laos small denomination) in an old wallet by itself. That is put in my back pocket as a decoy. (They get to keep the stuff, as I can't use it)

Edited by slipperylobster

Boots Pharmacy, at least the one at Central in Pattaya, sells some travel things and I got a nice folder style passport holder. It easily accommodates the passport and other things and is bulky enough that it's a bit of a struggle to get out of my pocket ... so the chances of someone pick-pocketing it without me being aware are slight. Keeps the passport in good condition too.

Never carry my passport with me in Thailand

I have a driver licence

and all places I go accept the fact that my passport number is part of the information printed on my licence

Never had a problem at any hotel I have visited on check in

• Like 1

On the way to or in the airport, usually in my pocket. In the other pocket is my wallet. Often shove my hand in there if it is a bit crowded pre passport control.

I don't get too paranoid on planes about being robbed. Where is the thief going to go.

In country - have to ask the missus , wouldn't have a clue where she stashes it.

Do love the comments about the zip lock bag, vacuum sealed charged with nitrogen, slipped into a carbon fibre reinforced aluminium tin foil container wrapped inside a money belt tightly inserted into the anal cavity. Must be a helluva job flashing that when booking in to a hotel.

Could also explain the delays at immigration as well.

sawadee ...oops...krup, grunt groan, ziiiiiip, whoosh, crinkle crinkle, stink. Hmmmm ...thirty days ? Chai. Denied.

If I'm just out,I have copies made up.I keep A copy in my wallet.The passport itself in A safe.The only time that I carry the passport is when I'm traveling.When I do carry it.I have it in A plastic holder in my personal item for the airport

The loops go through your belt and this pouch goes inside your trousers. Works great.

1260_tan_l.jpg

I had a pocket sewn inside my left pants pocket to put my ID , and a few 1000 baht extra pocket money

looks like above just sewn in with an open top......less than 100 baht to make and sew it in

Wrapped in Aluminum Alfoil....Your chip then cannot be read with your details on......By someone with the gear to do it.

They already make a Passport holder that does exactly that.....thats where i got the idea from.....Cost of these are $16 AUS.

Yes, I have an RFID-blocking wallet with places for credit cards, etc. as well as my passport. Forget where I got mine - online somewhere. But I've noticed that the REI stores have them, too. Wherever you get it, it's an increasingly worthwhile investment IMO. So you're not exactly the first to market with this idea, but, as they say, if you can make a better mousetrap...

I use one of those round-the-neck pouches for passport and money when travelling. Always keep a pen in there too - most convenient when it comes time to fill in the arrival card. A Danish mate of mine had his passport stolen from his hand luggage in Spain, so I keep mine close.

My wife has a pair of extremely ugly undies with a pouch in the waist, uses it for large amounts of currency. (Would guard against rape too I reckon, God they're ugly!) I guess you could use those special cricket undies for carrying stuff securely too, they have a pouch for the 'protector'. Baseball might have similar garments?

Edited by moojar

I use one of those round-the-neck pouches for passport and money when travelling. Always keep a pen in there too - most convenient when it comes time to fill in the arrival card. A Danish mate of mine had his passport stolen from his hand luggage in Spain, so I keep mine close.

My wife has a pair of extremely ugly undies with a pouch in the waist, uses it for large amounts of currency. (Would guard against rape too I reckon, God they're ugly!) I guess you could use those special cricket undies for carrying stuff securely too, they have a pouch for the 'protector'. Baseball might have similar garments?

Had his passport stolen from his hand luggage in spain:huh::huh::huh:

Had his passport stolen from his hand luggage in spain:huh:huh.png:huh:

He had his passport in his hand luggage. His passport was stolen. This happened in Spain.

What is not clear?

" So you're not exactly the first to market with this idea, but, as they say, if you can make a better mousetrap........"

Not a better mousetrap, just ideas on what you think is important ...

the value added will be a hand painted Thai name etc......

Keep the ideas coming......mostly if I should include places for credit cards and cash..... or something else.......

and still keep it thin when in your pocket.....

Hand luggage you carry it in your hand !!!

He dident realise someone was going through the bag he was carrying ?

No, he was asleep.

Travelling sometimes takes a long time.

Happened on a train.

An overnight train.

That's why he was asleep.

Hand luggage you carry it in your hand !!!

He dident realise someone was going through the bag he was carrying ?

No, he was asleep.

Travelling sometimes takes a long time.

Happened on a train.

An overnight train.

That's why he was asleep.

Awh thats a bit clearer.

"May be he should get a cricket box you mentioned before" keep his valuables near the crown jewels:D