Passport not taken for Australian Tourist Visa Application

Hi

I just had my TGF call in a panic this morning saying that they didn't take her passport when she lodged her tourist visa application in Bangkok yesterday.

Have they changed the procedure now? Previously they have always taken the passport although I know they don't actually put a visa in the passport anymore and it is all put in the computer instead.

There are I believe no visas now put in the passport. If you need a sticker for other reasons you have to pay about $50 extra.

I know there are no visas put in the passport now but previously they always took the passport even thou they didn't put a visa in it.

Has she had a Tourist Visa before to Australia?

Did they take copies of her Passport?

Did she lodge it @ VFS or the Australian Embassy?

If you have a concern, then simply email the Australian Embassy in Thailand, this is their email address ... [email protected]

First you will get an automatic reply saying that you email has been acknowledged.

Then you will get a 'human' reply. I've found them helpfull and often a same day turn-a-round reply to emails.

If you get an email reply that is unclear, or you are not happy with, often there is a telephone number on the email ... give that a call.

Calling the general number for the Embassy is as useful as pissing into the wind ... unless you like listening to the autobot.

Yes she has had maybe 6 or 7 tourist visas. It was lodged at VFS. I presume her passport was photocopied and that they have changed the procedure and they no longer need the passport per see as they issue electronic visas in any case. However this was not the case 12 months ago when she got her last electronic visa as they still took her passport.

Edited by theoldgit
Uneccesary follow on quote removed

You are concerned ... that's understandable.

I could contact some mates whose Partners recently applied ... but they will have to contact their gf's and get the reply and then reply back to me, then I'll have to relay that info here. Could take a week.

IMHO ... Fastest and surest way ... email the Embassy

As for 6 or 7 tourist visas ... w00t.gif

No multiple entry tourist Visas? Same cost ... last 12 months ... just a thought.

You are concerned ... that's understandable.

I could contact some mates whose Partners recently applied ... but they will have to contact their gf's and get the reply and then reply back to me, then I'll have to relay that info here. Could take a week.

IMHO ... Fastest and surest way ... email the Embassy

As for 6 or 7 tourist visas ... w00t.gif

No multiple entry tourist Visas? Same cost ... last 12 months ... just a thought.

Had three 12 months visas already. We only need a three month one this time thou.

I will get someone to call VFS service today to double check.

I just thought there might be some posters here who have applied recently and had similar experience.

Cheers

Got a friend to call VFS and they said they don't need the passport anymore. They just take a copy. So problem solved.

Thanks

Edited by Tolley

'Had three 12 months visas already' ... not meaning to alarm you, but don't be surprised if you are directed towards a Partner Visa, rather then a Tourist Visa ... but I go beyond the brief.

This guy got his partners visa just this week ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/749513-whats-with-the-compelling-reason-to-return/

If you don't get the answer, maybe send him a PM, or he might drop by.

Good Luck with it all.

'Had three 12 months visas already' ... not meaning to alarm you, but don't be surprised if you are directed towards a Partner Visa, rather then a Tourist Visa ... but I go beyond the brief.

This guy got his partners visa just this week ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/749513-whats-with-the-compelling-reason-to-return/

If you don't get the answer, maybe send him a PM, or he might drop by.

Good Luck with it all.

They told me the last two times that it was the last tourist visa..................

I spend half the year in Thailand and half in Oz and ultimately not interested in a partner visa.

If it gets declined so be it.

Above advice is correct OP.

They do not take her passport.

She will receive a letter with visa conditions.

No visa is put into her passport.

Tell her to have the letter with her when going through immigration.

Good luck with everything. My chick travels with me soon to AU. Second time on plane. Said the hour flight to Chiang Mai was long. Asked how can people stay on plane 9 hours. (What can u say to that)