Have you ever had your life threatened in Thailand?

squarethecircle

Two years ago was invited to a becoming a monk party somewhere in a village around Buriram,walking around with my youngest son on my arm all of a sudden the two local village drunks started having a go at my then wife and daughter calling them some very dirty names.

So both of them could barely stand on their feet and then wanted to have a go at me ,so i bitchslapped one and the other one ran away with some of the guests chasing him down the soi.

And the twonk who was ordained as a monk left the temple after a few weeks because he could not handle the monkhood apparently,lovely countryw00t.gif ahumm.

Yeah, at my front door. But I called his bluff and told him he was just small fry with no power or influence. He was fat, drunk and stupid and I humiliated him in front if his friends. He never came back.

Maybe you misread OP

The question was: Have you ever had you live threatened in Thailand? NOT Have you ever threatened somebody else life in Thailand? tongue.png

had a gun pointed at me because I dared to honk the horn at a car sitting in the middle of the road with a green light, they were talking to someone so refused to move, he pulled a gun out and started to wave it around & point it towards me, I accelerated and nearly took his arm off, stupid **ckwit but thats what you have to expect here when they even shoot someone for singing their song, some people are just totally pathetic. Idiot didnt even bother to chase me, just stayed there talking.

I have had death threats a few times in Thailand, but they have all been by TV members I have upset, but more troubling was the fact that when I suggested a "location" for this battle to the death, they never turned up, most dissappointing.... sad.png

so where they real death threats ? or just EX-SAS, Navy Seal, keyboard warriors, and other assorted "walts" which TV seems to be full of mouthing off ? who knows ?

Have they not learned anything from our glorious ex-minister for Labour and ear medicine, if you say your going to do something please at least make an effort, the esteemed ex minister promised to cut off his own head and we are still waiting...thumbsup.gif

cheesy.gif ...................thumbsup.gif

I have had death threats a few times in Thailand, but they have all been by TV members I have upset, but more troubling was the fact that when I suggested a "location" for this battle to the death, they never turned up, most dissappointing.... sad.png

so where they real death threats ? or just EX-SAS, Navy Seal, keyboard warriors, and other assorted "walts" which TV seems to be full of mouthing off ? who knows ?

Have they not learned anything from our glorious ex-minister for Labour and ear medicine, if you say your going to do something please at least make an effort, the esteemed ex minister promised to cut off his own head and we are still waiting...thumbsup.gif

cheesy.gif ...................thumbsup.gif

tranny, i guess you are laughing at the fact Soutpeel actually went to all these locations hoping someone my show up ;)

• Like 2

Yeah, at my front door. But I called his bluff and told him he was just small fry with no power or influence. He was fat, drunk and stupid and I humiliated him in front if his friends. He never came back.

Maybe you misread OP

The question was: Have you ever had you live threatened in Thailand? NOT Have you ever threatened somebody else life in Thailand? tongue.png

maybe a better question "Have you ever had you live threatened in real life in Thailand ?"

Then my answer is no....thumbsup.gif

Edited by Soutpeel

I was washing my hands after taking a leak and a dude came out of nowhere telling me he was going to kill me....then he locked the door the the bathroom so no one could come in...then he kept doing the crazy eyes and finger across the throat thing.......I just sat there with my hands still dripping with water waiting for him to make a move.......and he never did. He had his crazy fit and left. Didn't see him before the encounter, didn't see him after the encounter. He left the building screaming and yelling being followed by the security staff. I wasn't that scared at the time, but after I thought how easily that could have turned horrible.

once in bangkok hit over head with beer bottle but when i left he was in deep sleep on footpath

another time in cm a massage girl stabbed me because wouldnt go with her

you have to watch thai girls as they say have hot heart

another time gf at time always going off eventully she had to go to mental hospital dr told me most girls like that

so watch back guys

I would recommend that whoever becomes associated with you, should take out a life insurance policy and make a will.

I can honestly say, hand on heart, that in my whole lifetime no one has ever threatened to murder me. I did come close once to being mugged in Spain and managed to dive into a taxi and leave the area just in time, but as for receiving actual threats, no, never.

Perhaps some of you guys have attitude problems or are just naturally aggressive and bring other people`s aggressions upon yourselves.

• Like 1

I was washing my hands after taking a leak and a dude came out of nowhere telling me he was going to kill me....then he locked the door the the bathroom so no one could come in...then he kept doing the crazy eyes and finger across the throat thing.......I just sat there with my hands still dripping with water waiting for him to make a move.......and he never did. He had his crazy fit and left. Didn't see him before the encounter, didn't see him after the encounter. He left the building screaming and yelling being followed by the security staff. I wasn't that scared at the time, but after I thought how easily that could have turned horrible.

you should have just pee'd on his shoes or in his pocket...laugh.png

When I was new to Thailand I went to Panthip plaza in Bangkok to look for some stuff. One of the DVD vendors downstairs tried to stop me and wanted me to buy dvds . I gave him the finger. I didnt knew that the finger gesture is a serious thing to do in Thailand. Well, the young thai guy was looking at me in a weird way so I smelled trouble and went up the stairs to the next floor. Looked behind my shoulder and there he was coming after me, with something that looked like a knife in his hand. I started to get really worried now so I ran up to the next floor and tried to look for a guard or someone . Luckily for me it was crowded with people that day so I went all the way up to the top floor and tried to hide. I told a guy in a store that someone was following me with a knife but he didnt understand english. So in the end I waited about 1 hour before I was brave enough to look for the exit and get away. Last time I used my finger in Thailand.

Edited by balo

This thread is all fine and dandy, with one problem. We can't ask the question posed in the OP to all the dead guys where the threats materialized.

About 5 months ago a young mentally ill Thai man near me casually walked over to a nearby noodle shop vendor's husband who was at 8AM firing up the charcoal for the days broth. Having seen a machete lying about the young man picked it up and took a magnificent whack at the husband tending to the fire. He was almost decapitated on the first whack, several more followed and that was that.

The local constabulary laid siege to the house where the accused took refuge and waited for reinforcements from the provincial capital. They raided the house and shot the accused non fatally and apprehended him.

Living in Thailand you must realize you can buy your ticket very easily. Be careful out there and keep a close eye on machetes lying idly by.

Edited by 96tehtarp

This thread is all fine and dandy, with one problem. We can't ask the question posed in the OP to all the dead guys where the threats materialized.

About 5 months ago a young mentally ill Thai man near me casually walked over to a nearby noodle shop vendor's husband who was at 8AM firing up the charcoal for the days broth. Having seen a machete lying about the young man picked it up and took a magnificent whack at the husband tending to the fire. He was almost decapitated on the first whack, several more followed and that was that.

The local constabulary laid siege to the house where the accused took refuge and waited for reinforcements from the provincial capital. They raided the house and shot the accused non fatally and apprehended him.

Living in Thailand you must realize you can buy your ticket very easily. Be careful out there and keep a close eye on machetes lying idly by.

interesting story - guess the nut case didn't threaten the poor shop vendor.

interesting story - guess the nut case didn't threaten the poor shop vendor.

There were no threats, or previous quarrels at all. It was totally unprovoked and came right out of nowhere. He walked over quietly picked up the machete and took an almighty whack at the poor guy's neck. Dementia caused by methamphetamine abuse has been known to cause this type of behavior, as has alcohol, however the assailant in this case had a history of outpatient treatment for mental illness. Rumor has it he was off medication at the time.