Problems with Tourist visa in Vientiane Laos

Why does your friend think he is entitled to stay here so long on "tourist visas"? He really doesnt fit in the category of tourist. Tell him to go home as he is not suppose to live in another country for 3 years as a "tourist". <deleted> is wrong with some of you people.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they only care about this when you are trying to do back to back land crossing stays ? I'm planning on doing 60 days Thailand, 60 Days PH with a TV (double entry) from Manila how many times before I get a red stamp? I'll be out of the country around 2 months between every entry. I don't have a condo, so how would I prove my Thailand residence?

You don't need to prove residence. They may ks ask you to bring e.g. your rental receipts or agreement for a next time that you apply.

Living in a foreign country that is not your own for 3 years is not a tourist plain and simple. Tourists visit other countries and then go home. Not reside for 3 years and then look for some kind scam or shady way to stay in that country.

The World Tourism Organization defines tourists as people "traveling to and staying in places outside their usual environment for not more than one consecutive year for leisure, business and other purposes".[1]

Why does your friend think he is entitled to stay here so long on "tourist visas"? He really doesnt fit in the category of tourist. Tell him to go home as he is not suppose to live in another country for 3 years as a "tourist". is wrong with some of you people.

Your opinion is worthless. Thailand sets no official limits on consecutive tourists visas. He's paying for his stay, and they're allowing it.

From the OP

1. The holder of this passport travels to Thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in the refusal of a visa in the future.

2. Proofs of Residence and financial income are required next time.

Just wondering.... they say proof of residence... If you say you are living in Thailand that means you are not a tourist. Should you provide your home country address ? Or are they just wondering where you stay in Thailand during your visit, hotel info etc ?

Edited by ttthailand

Did you fail to read that part. or just ignore it because it might be you soon.

They wrote 'may be refused in the future' and asked for proof of income and address to avoid that happening.

There are no official limits, but some consulates are less friendly than others. At that point one can get a triple entry from their home country, or try a different consulate.

They want proof that he lives in Denmark, and has an income from Denmark.

Else he isn't a tourist (which we all know he isn't from the OP).

Perfectly reasonable IMHO.

No they like proof where he live in Thailand. The stamp in his passport clearly say "proofs of Residence in Thailand"

Did you fail to read that part. or just ignore it because it might be you soon.

They wrote 'may be refused in the future' and asked for proof of income and address to avoid that happening.

There are no official limits, but some consulates are less friendly than others. At that point one can get a triple entry from their home country, or try a different consulate.

Seems weird that another consulate will see the stamp and give it to them anyway. Not saying they dont, but <deleted>? Some consulates need the money more than others thus are more lax? You'd think they would all get the same memo.

No they like proof where he live in Thailand. The stamp in his passport clearly say "proofs of Residence in Thailand"

No, it says "Proofs of Residence" perhaps they mean his home country

Only 30 years old and has money to be tourist for 5 years must have large assets at home.

Assuming he is working, why can't he get a work permit for his job?

Border control is correct. Very unlikely to be tourist. But true of many people

To be able to work more than 4 years as a high school teacher I am forced to get a master's degree in education costing around 25,000 baht over 2 years.

NO he is not working. No teacher , online work or anything else. He don't have large assets (I belive) but enough to live here.

No, it says "Proofs of Residence" perhaps they mean his home country

Proofs of Residence in Thailand.........is what the stamp say

Only 30 years old and has money to be tourist for 5 years must have large assets at home.

Assuming he is working, why can't he get a work permit for his job?

Or working online/offshore, which is not illegal and doesn't require a work permit.

If he was working offshore, the chances are that he would not need Tourist Visa's for the last 3 years.

If he was working offshore, he would not think that an ED Visa was expensive.

So I wonder how he has been supporting himself for the past 3 years, want to have a guess ?

He is NOT working. And if he belive a ED is expensive or not, I don't know. I haven't talked with him about it.

If he was working offshore, the chances are that he would not need Tourist Visa's for the last 3 years.

If he was working offshore, he would not think that an ED Visa was expensive.

So I wonder how he has been supporting himself for the past 3 years, want to have a guess ?

Have you have heard of "having money" ?

For most families in Denmark supporting a son In Thailand is four times cheaper than doing the same in their country or in Europe.

Paz

In case you didn't read it right, he is 30 years old and has been here 3 years. He is looking for options to stay here further, but thinks that that the ED route is expensive.

If he thinks that the ED route is expensive, he does NOT have money.

You have been writing this in many posts. How do you know that he think an ED visa is expensive ? I don't know it, so how can you know it?

And how can you say he does not have money? You know nothing about him or his money. Of course he have money. How could he stay here without working if no money?

Edited by khunerik

Do you really think the Thai immigration rules were designed to allow a foreigner to live in Thailand for as long as he or she desires? No. Are there not limits on days a person can stay here? Of course there are. Try this crap in a developed country and see how far it gets you. If it was such a fair and allowed process then why in the heck is the OP posting up asking how his friend can stay here longer ie what kind of trick or scam does he have to pull in order to get another visa. You people are laughable with your entitlement to do anything you want in another country. I wish Thailand would close its border to people like you. Maybe it would be better. Not maybe, I know it would.

Why you are so frustrated? It's not a shame if you can't effort to stay here longer then a few weeks. You compare Thailand to developed countries? Your fault. If Thailand wouldn't want long term tourists, they wouldn't issue them TR visas again and over again. Right? But they do. So, who are you that you judge the work of Thai Authorities?

• Like 1

What an ignorant comment to suggest someone who is 30 years old and living in Thailand for the past 5 years has large assets back home. Chances are low this is the case.

There a lots of foreigners here living on 30 - 40k baht a month, some even less. Live in Thailand, live like a Thai.

Some may just like to live within their means [low rent, low expenses] on money they have saved up for a few years & not have to work [for a while anyway] which may not be possible back in their own country.

You certainly don't need to have large assets back home to live a reasonable life in Thailand, especially away from BKK or at least away from the pricier areas.

Do you really think the Thai immigration rules were designed to allow a foreigner to live in Thailand for as long as he or she desires? No. Are there not limits on days a person can stay here? Of course there are. Try this crap in a developed country and see how far it gets you. If it was such a fair and allowed process then why in the heck is the OP posting up asking how his friend can stay here longer ie what kind of trick or scam does he have to pull in order to get another visa. You people are laughable with your entitlement to do anything you want in another country. I wish Thailand would close its border to people like you. Maybe it would be better. Not maybe, I know it would.

Ranting like this, nurturing hate and judgement, is not good for health.

If you think the "developed" countries immigration rules are better, go there.

But spare us your self-righteous mantra, it's really wasting time.

• Like 2

Do you really think the Thai immigration rules were designed to allow a foreigner to live in Thailand for as long as he or she desires? No. Are there not limits on days a person can stay here? Of course there are.

So for how long could he stay then ? How many days? Obviously longer than 3 years, because he got another tourist visa

Wish I was successful enough at age 24 to live in Thailand for 6 years without earning additional income but the less than 2000 baht per month for educational visa is too expensive.

Hard to imagine at age 24 essentially retired and not working for 5 years

It's easy. They want to see, that you can effort to stay here and you have a proper address in Thailand. They don't care how many Tourist Visas you had already. I'm on my 12th TR Visa in a row. No problem at all.

I show them my Thai Bank Account and the rental contract for the condo.

TV members are free to believe that people like me are not a tourist. I don't give a shit what they think. I only take care about, what the Thai Embassy / Consulate says.

A lot of confusions about all the visa rules. The clampdown affects only visa exempt travelers. Not TR Visa holders.

Last but not least, in the 6 years i stay here already, i had not one day overstay. Never worked here. I'm under 50 years old. And no; I'm not a criminal. It must be very very hard for some to understand that some people just was successful in their past and was able to earn enough, to do long term holidays in a country like Thailand.

Obviously, peoples like me are still welcomed to the Kingdom.

Thank you Kingdom of Thailand.

The problem here is the options for people like this:

1. Elite Card - Too expensive unless you have deep pockets and know you definitely will stay at least 5 years for it to be worth it. Anything less, then it becomes even more expensive. Would be better [but not by much] if they offered it at 100,000 baht per year.

2. Get married - Not to a thai and not in this lifetime!! Why be a provider for someone and their extended family, when all you want to do is enjoy life free and easy??

3. ED Visa - Fair enough if your willing to put in the time and effort at a cost mind you. Again 30,000 baht and probably do something you really don't want just to stay here?? And what about those who like to stay here 2 -3 months, then go back home for 2 months them repeat and rinse ??? Are you really going to be motivated to keep up classes??

4. Investment - Minimum 10 million baht. Again, not viable for 95% of wanna-be expats.

Only option left.. Tourist visa until you hit 50.

There are many legit foreigners here that don't or can't go with the above options, that don't take lowly paid thai jobs [who in their right mind from the west would want to work for 20k] but only contribute to the community.

• Like 2

I think Thailand does not want long time tourist with no money to spend.

Every country enjoys tourist dollars.

Possible to rent an 8000 baht apartment and share with 3 people and eat for 100 baht a day but probably not beneficial to Thailand

What would happen if Thailand followed America's solution and every 8-10 years gave people successfully illegally living long time in America legal status.

But my friend's that got PhD from US university and professionally employed on post graduate visa are told they aren't welcome to stay.

It is quite simple, he is being warned, your getting close to mark and could be refused at some stage. By the way this is regardless of having income and hotel booking. As always it is up to the discretion of the consulate or the border immigration people. A visa does not gaurantee entry.

Having a Thai bank account would add suspicion that you are not a tourist.

I was told in Vientianne that a rulle of thumb for tourists is nine months in any year, not sure if this is interpretation or law.

Listen guys there is nothing new about this visa business last march a German guy married to thai women went to Jomtien Pattaya ammigration to extend his Visa and he was told to go back to the Hotel and get a written confirmation from the Hotel owner that he actually stay there and that's what he did. Back to the ammigration they asked him to go back to the Hotel again and get another comfirmation and again for the third time. The guy is 83 years and he couldn't believe what was happening

Listen guys there is nothing new about this visa business last march a German guy married to thai women went to Jomtien Pattaya ammigration to extend his Visa and he was told to go back to the Hotel and get a written confirmation from the Hotel owner that he actually stay there and that's what he did. Back to the ammigration they asked him to go back to the Hotel again and get another comfirmation and again for the third time. The guy is 83 years and he couldn't believe what was happening

He should have sent back his wife, to tell them how is life when 83 yrs.

Also in that area is popular to use agents and never show up at Immigration.