What can you do with 2 Million Baht?

On 8/29/2014 at 8:16 PM, David48 said:

The OP isn't bragging, or making a 'look at me' statement ... he's asking a question of us.

For many people, 2 million Baht is an amount of money seriously worth considering.

In Thailand, I have an investment within a ball park of the amount the OP refers to,

but I also have investments in my birth country in excess of this amount.

Most of my investment in Thailand is in the Stock Market, mostly infrastructure Stocks like

the BTS or the BECL (Bangkok Expressway), I like the steady dividends they pay more then

the Capital appreciation (and potential loss) of the riskier Stocks.

What isn't in Shares is in Cash in the Bank.

As for (physical) Gold, I love to look at, touch it, feel it ... but, because it doesn't provide an

income, I'm not an Invester.

I gave a gold bracelet to my Thai gf when our Twins were born, and on her, it looks great.

There are men here whose net worth is 10 or 100 times that Bt 2 million the OP refers to,

but unless they won it or inherited it, I guarantee you to a man, the only reason they they

have made a mint was because they valued that initial Bt 2 million.

This is so true! Invest, save ,and invest again.

Just be sensible, avoid the nonsense and the “get rich quickly” scams , and you could multiply the starting  amount , given a few years.
My own suggestion ,FWIW, would be to look a little more widely than just Thai stocks or bonds: eg the current US investment restrictions on China/HK investment may have thrown up some pretty good opportunities.
just for example , China Mobile , AA rated and cash rich with a 6 percent plus dividend yield.

Edited by wordchild

On 9/2/2014 at 4:17 PM, Evolare said:

Like I said there is no magic or secret to what IM doing and not easily replicated. Back in sweden where I come from I have from many years bought and sold second hand cars as a second income to my normal business but been too careful to do it here as IM no expert of the Thai market but then my brother in laws work needed to sell of a few cars and first I bought 3 pickups from them at 100.000 baht per car that I fixed up (spent about 10-15000baht per car) and sold them to one person from nakhon pathom 320.000 (i advertised on olx.co.th) now I had 960.000 then I bought 2 cars on auction and the the three last pickups my brother in law business was selling off I sold the two cars and two of the pickups for 295.000 each (for the pickups). Now the other day I bought another car on auction and still have one of the pickups. So bottomline I have 1.7 million and 2 cars for sale. I only started with the 300.000 because it was what I had to pay for the first 3 pickups and I was willing to loose it.

Like I said I was lucky thanks that my brother in law had the contacts and sold fast and that gave me the courage to buy cars at auction and I will continue doing that now....know your <deleted> and it can't be done.

The moral to this is investing your money can be done in different ways. I picked a field where I know what I'm doing. My dayjob is developing ecommerce systems with my own business and I do more than well with that. But many people say 2 million is not enough for anything I never listen to nay sayers and have started several business in the passed with Less money than that some failed some did real well I have even sold of two businesses I built before. If I listened to naysayers I would not be where I am today.

I also have shares and a capital insurance but that is something I have as a pension fund with a low risk and a low return on investment.

But with any kind of investment....know your <deleted> no matter what it is.

I don't want money from anyone here I make my own money! And I'm not afraid of a little elbow grease!!

Wow! Great story, no better advice than what is contained in that post. You can make money (even in a strange country) trading off something you have knowledge and experience with.

On 9/1/2014 at 5:30 PM, Evolare said:

On a serious note 2.0 million baht can defiantly be worth investing if you know what your doing. But the amount is low for a 3-5% annual return and would require a more aggressive approach. I invested about 300.000baht and now have increased that to a near 1.750.000baht in about 3.5 months because I know what I'm doing in that area. All legal but as anything can involve risks. My goal is to make this into 10 million before June next year. This is just a side project from my normal business. But as anything know your <deleted> and you can make money!

This is a 6 year old post.  Let me guess, the member left Thailand broke and is now back at work in Sweden.  ????