Songtaew prices slashed!

naboo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understood this 10b does not include the red trucks. The 10b and 2 for students applies to the green trucks. They are the ones who are restricted to a route. Theoretically they should be like bangkok, or any other bus system. Problem. I have been looking for some kind of published schedule. There are designated pick up and drop off stops. Can anybody help me out on this.

I understood this 10b does not include the red trucks. The 10b and 2 for students applies to the green trucks. They are the ones who are restricted to a route. Theoretically they should be like bangkok, or any other bus system. Problem. I have been looking for some kind of published schedule. There are designated pick up and drop off stops. Can anybody help me out on this.

Did you read the op? it clearly is about red .

Perhaps there won't be so many driving round empty clogging the streets

They should get organised to routes and rotation with spacing like a real bus service. Or is this actually what the NCPO have or are currently trying to organise? Media full of things like this mess getting tackled and tidied up. Deck chairs, illegal logging, drugs dealer, gambling dens, corruption, soidogs(?), Now more organised and cheaper lot daang; Bravo NCPO smile.png

Colored Songtaws are organised, fixed routes, fixed prices and the drivers have to book their time slots days in advance.

Along the routes they have to regularly stop and punch in at devices bolted to street lamp pylons. Penalized it they aren't on time at each spot.

Have been riding red songthaew's for several years now. I tell them where I want to go and that is where they take me. Yet to see one stop and punch a clock.

Did any one read the Thai version of the OPs post?

Diผู้ว่าเชียงใหม่เผย หลังจัดระเบียบรถสี่ล้อแดง จะลดค่าโดยสารเหลือ 10 บาท เริ่ม 1 กันยายนนี้

เมื่อ 26 สิงหาคม 57 นายสุริยะ ประสาทบัณฑิตย์ ผู้ว่าราชการจังหวัดเชียงใหม่ ได้เปิดเผยในการแถลงข่าวประจำสัปดาห์แก่สื่อมวลชนเชียงใหม่ ว่า หลังจากที่ได้มีการจัดระเบียบรถสาธารณะมาระยะหนึ่งนั้นยังคงมีหลายปัญหาที่เกิดขึ้นและยังไม่ลงตัว ต้องค่อยแก้ไขกันไปแล้วจะดีขึ้น ที่ผ่านมาในส่วนของรถสี่ล้อแดง ของสหกรณ์นครเชียงใหม่เดินรถ จำกัด ที่มีทั้งหมด 2,700 คัน ได้เข้าร่วมโครงการรถสาธารณะประจำ 11 เส้นทาง ทั้งสิ้น 550 คัน

From reading all the posts here I am getting the idea that none did. We had one smug want to be some one carry on like he could read Thai but of course. He had nothing other than that to contribute to the conversation.
I spend a fair amount of time walking around and if all the red songthaew's were removed from the traffic I doubt it would get that much better. It is not the amount of them it is their stopping all the time that causes the problem. All so have seen black smoke coming out of vehicles that are not songthaew's. Seems to me like people like to use them as their whipping posts.

Where I come from instead of picking a certain section of vehicles to blame all their problems on they encourage the sharing of rides. That basically is what a Songthaew doe's if there is four passengers and I have seen that many times then there is three less vehicles on the road. Been in one's where I was the only one and ones where they were hanging of the back end. Very few blowing black smoke.
I am sharing my experience of at least four years living here not just a once or twice thing but a very often occurrence. Close to a daily occurrence.

I had cause today to negotiate a songtheaw fare from up near the zoo to somewhere in Padaed, nice guy, quite chatty.

I sat in the front and told him that he could pick, as long as they were going the same way, no twists and turns, which he did.

Altogether he picked up 5 Thai's and every single one of them gave him 20 baht, no questions or waiting for change.

I doubt a farang could give 10 baht and walk away, or if a driver would offer 10 baht change from a 20.

• Like 1

I have never and will never use a tuk tuk.
One time I wanted a songteow from Maya to Arcade... the driver said 150 baht... I laughed at him and said the bus from CM to CR is 288, VIP A/C... and told him adios...then we negotiated.... I got there for 60 baht, still over priced... Now, I buy a thai friend lunch and she takes me.

These red trucks are a menace on the roads.... I wonder how many accidents they have caused... I say get rid of them and bring in electric public transport... if not, this [CM] place is going to be traffic gridlock on a serious order.

I enjoy walking the short distances under 2k and use my motorcycle for anything else. In 1 year I've used the red truck 2 times... and that was with a thai that didn't want to walk.

Edited by Nowisee