Visa Run New Update

I have seen a lot of talk about marks on entry stamps, but does anyone have any experience of marks on exit? Are they marking the number of days uses per entry? This would help them calculate the days used.

Calculating the days used for those who do a visa run every 30 days is easy, but for those who are in and out all the time it is going to cause chaos at entry points. This will be more so from early December when those who enter Thailand having used over 60 of their days will be given stays of less than 30 days.

You can see the arguments can't you. Visitor, "you gave me 20 days, I've got 21 left" Imm. Office, ""No. You count wrong. Only 20 days" I hope if I get behind one of those in a queue that I can keep my cool.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did my visa run with ThaiVisaRun Company on Tuesday, a Romanian girl was only given 30 days on a TR Visa, she was very upset, and she was given 60 days on the previous entry.

Tourist Visa For 20 Countries, Please be aware (30+30+30)

Posted from Sunbelt on 2006-10-11

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=935900

...but I can't find Romania.

I did my visa run with ThaiVisaRun Company on Tuesday, a Romanian girl was only given 30 days on a TR Visa, she was very upset, and she was given 60 days on the previous entry.
At borders, they still give UK, EU, US, and ASEAN passport holders 60 days if you have a TR visa. Edited by Weatherhead

At borders, they still give UK, EU, US, and ASEAN passport holders 60 days if you have a TR visa.

Notwithstanding the 30+30+30 scenario that has been put forward, on the basis that the Romanian girl did have a double or triple entry TR visa, perhaps it had expired...? :o

Edited by Noel

You can see the arguments can't you. Visitor, "you gave me 20 days, I've got 21 left" Imm. Office, ""No. You count wrong. Only 20 days" I hope if I get behind one of those in a queue that I can keep my cool.

I have seen on my 29th Sept Visa Run to Mae Sai a huge new sign that tells me that the last word is by the immigration officer and not the written law :o:D

Think that they put up this sign for all this math geniuses like you

Edited by llothar

an 30-day extension at the immigration costs 1.9K, it is easy to figure out why they are doing this.

an 30-day extension at the immigration costs 1.9K, it is easy to figure out why they are doing this.

a friend of mine got only 7 days extension from a 30 days VOA yesterday, it was 10 days in the past.

a friend of mine got only 7 days extension from a 30 days VOA yesterday, it was 10 days in the past.

Hi Rongpang, can you clarify whether that was indeed a "visa on arrival" stamp or a "visa exempt" stamp. There is a difference. One is applied for and paid, the other is given free and it depends on the country of origin of the traveller.

• 2 weeks later...

At borders, they still give UK, EU, US, and ASEAN passport holders 60 days if you have a TR visa.

Tourists from different countries with the same type of visa are not being treated equally in Thailand now.

Tourists from different countries with the same type of visa are not being treated equally in Thailand now.

Not “now”. There have always been differences based on nationality.

---------------

Maestro

Maybe someone here can help me. I gotta go renew my 30 day tourist visa and plan to go to Poi Pet, Cambodia. I got my first 30 day at this same place and plan to go again for the 2nd round.

Has anyone been to this place recently? How is it looking?

Thanks.

You have not got a 30 day tourist visa . You have got a visa exempt stamp and should be ok again if it is only your second entry.

You have not got a 30 day tourist visa . You have got a visa exempt stamp and should be ok again if it is only your second entry.

Actually I had a NonB prior to getting my first stamp (or as you put it: visa exempt stamp ) plus at least 5 border run stamps and additional NonBs. Not to mention I have a history of other visas in other countries. I am aware that these rules only apply as of October 1st but still it is up to them ultimately if they want to deny me or not.

When I got this first stamp, the officer at the border (Poi Pet) seemed to examine my passport for a prolonged amount of time, raised his eyebrows a few times, then gave me the stamp.

So I am a little worried this time out.

Edited by sanook mai?

Maybe someone here can help me. I gotta go renew my 30 day tourist visa and plan to go to Poi Pet, Cambodia. I got my first 30 day at this same place and plan to go again for the 2nd round.

Thanks.

Since ThaiVisaRun Company found Ban Laem border a few years ago, hardly anyone goes to Poi Pet for a visa run now.

Since ThaiVisaRun Company found Ban Laem border a few years ago, hardly anyone goes to Poi Pet for a visa run now.

Apart from independent visa runners, as I did a few months ago. Would not recommend it, I think it must be the most unpleasant place in the world.

Thanks.

Does anyone know if the imigration on the Cambodian border is turning down passport holders who have had many 30 day stamps in their passports. The visa run agencies here in Bangkok don't seem to know if you will be approved or not with many stamps at the border. I have to renew in a few days an am unsure as to my status as visa run agency I am using does not know. It would seem that if they are in the business this would be one of the first things they would want to know by contacting the immigration department, but they don't. Any help in this area will be greatly appreciated.

Got my visarun done yesterday, departure 09:30 from Ekkamai, and back to the same place at 17:55. The funny part of this trip, on the way back we actually passed the Jack Golf bus which left much earlier in the morning. I am not trying to say that Jack Golf’s service is bad, but it is definitely very slow.

Sometimes early birds won’t catch the worms.

I would like to know if anyone has had any problems at the Cambodian regarding to many border runs. I am hearing from several sources that the border immigration will turn you down if you have made the trip to many times. It seems it might be the individual that checks your passport. I had no problems in November, but am going to a different border crossing this time. Anyt help in this matter would be asppreciated.

I would like to know if anyone has had any problems at the Cambodian regarding to many border runs. I am hearing from several sources that the border immigration will turn you down if you have made the trip to many times. It seems it might be the individual that checks your passport. I had no problems in November, but am going to a different border crossing this time. Anyt help in this matter would be asppreciated.

Keith, it seems we are both in the same boat!

I am wondering if I should go to Poi Pet OR Ban Laem?

I went to Poi Pet last time. I am contemplating going to Ban Laem this time.

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The visa run agencies here in Bangkok don't seem to know if you will be approved or not with many stamps at the border. I have to renew in a few days an am unsure as to my status as visa run agency I am using does not know. It would seem that if they are in the business this would be one of the first things they would want to know by contacting the immigration department, but they don't. Any help in this area will be greatly appreciated.
should change your visa run agency right now, they are useless, probably the very cheap one as well.

all the services I know will definitely tell you what to do.

You can contact ThaiVisaService , they are leaving fromOn Nut or ThaiVisarun, leave from Ekamai .

Both owners know and can assist you with any question you might have.

You can PM me for the contact details or check in the Classified Section of the BKKPost.

Friends reported that people can get problems in PoiPet ,but this is probably due to the huge numbers of people passing this place .

Ban Laem must be very calm nowadays.