Kawasaki unveiling some new Ninja

mania

This is supposed to be an actual dealer invoice from the US (meaning it's what the dealer pays Kawasaki before marking it up for a retail sale):

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I know what I would buy if I have around 60,000 USD to spend on a bike.

The Ducati 1199 Superleggera is a highly exclusive sportbike of just 500 models made. It is cranking out a claimed 200 horsepower, is based on the Panigale R model but made with titanium, magnesium and carbon fiber which make it a lightweight motorcycle with a dry weight of 341.7 pounds. It has a lightweight Ergal rear sprocket and World Superbike-spec 520 chain, Ohlins FL916 front forks with fully-machined bottom legs and a titanium spring-equipped Ohlins TTX36 shock, a new Inertial Platform system to manage the Ducati Wheel Control and the Ducat Traction Control (DTC) and the Engine Brake Control (EBC) is optimized with an automatic calibration of rear-tire size and final transmission ratio. The Ducati 1199 Superleggera has the Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection, disc brakes and a seat height of 32.48 inches.

MSRP 65,000 USD

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/28273/Buyers-Guide-Specifications/2014-Ducati-1199-Superleggera.aspx

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^

The street version (which will be much cheaper) is the real comparison, though. The SL is 3.5m in

LOS- the H2 should be closer to 2m (it's expected to be $35K-$40K in the US).

Also note that's the dealer price- retail will be quite a bit more.;)

Edited by RubberSideDown

The Ducati 1199 Superleggera is a highly exclusive sportbike of just 500 models made. It is cranking out a claimed 200 horsepower, is based on the Panigale R model but made with titanium, magnesium and carbon fiber which make it a lightweight motorcycle with a dry weight of 341.7 pounds. It has a lightweight Ergal rear sprocket and World Superbike-spec 520 chain, Ohlins FL916 front forks with fully-machined bottom legs and a titanium spring-equipped Ohlins TTX36 shock, a new Inertial Platform system to manage the Ducati Wheel Control and the Ducat Traction Control (DTC) and the Engine Brake Control (EBC) is optimized with an automatic calibration of rear-tire size and final transmission ratio. The Ducati 1199 Superleggera has the Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection, disc brakes and a seat height of 32.48 inches.

MSRP 65,000 USD

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/28273/Buyers-Guide-Specifications/2014-Ducati-1199-Superleggera.aspx

The 1199 is a nut fryer SL or not. Soon to be superseded by the 1299. 200bhp vs 300bhp eat my !!#@$@

MSRP 65,000 USD

The 1199 is a nut fryer SL or not. Soon to be superseded by the 1299. 200bhp vs 300bhp eat my !!#@$@

I see. It is all about HP. More is always better. Right? The new 1299 has nothing to do with the Superleggera. It's not a replacement. Do you know the story behind the Superleggera? If you don't, please look it up. Edited by Nickymaster

I remember in the 1990s many car magazines predicting the McLaren F1 road car was probably the last supercar because 1 million dollars and 600+ HP was too much.

Then the Veyron, Koeniggsegsiggsseggseggyseggsiggs..., Paganis, etc.. kept coming.

These guys make $16000 regular production bicycles so I wouldn't doubt seeing a limited motorcycle for $250k within 10 years.

http://www.factorbikes.com

On another note, I always wanted an Aprilia RS250 but could never find one for sale in the US.

I wonder if any RS bikes ever made it into Thailand?

I'd rather not have a 2 stroke anyway so still hope for a small cc supercharged bike..

Edited by ttakata

I see. It is all about HP. More is always better. Right? The new 1299 has nothing to do with the Superleggera. It's not a replacement. Do you know the story behind the Superleggera? If you don't, please look it up.

You have never ridden an 1199 if you want a SL. It's impossible to ride in Thailand. They engine burns the inside of your legs and fries your nuts, That is why Ducati are launching the 1299 to hopefully address this issue.

I am a big Ducati fan myself and almost bought an 1199S. Everyone I know in Thailand who bought one has sold it. Plenty available 2nd hand cheap.

It's not all about BHP but why would a sane person spend the same money on a bike with only 60% of the power? A badge?

Eisfeld, I like the technology videos.

The robotic welders are impressive.

Only the combustion chamber video is really lame marketing since every engine is designed to avoid knocking.

Kawi is doing a decent job keeping the hype up as they should for something so expensive and not Italian art.

I hope the street version looks cooler than the track one.

This is supposed to be an actual dealer invoice from the US (meaning it's what the dealer pays Kawasaki before marking it up for a retail sale):

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It came out after Kawasaki denied that was not their invoice that it is actually a photoshop internet gag

Although I am sure it will be a pretty penny what ever the price turns out to be

fake-kawasaki-ninja-h2r-invoice-flooring

^

Yeah, I saw that- Kawi is really getting annoying with the over-the-top hype- it's time to show the bike- I haven't even watched the latest videos.

I think that the new R1 is going to steal a lot of their thunder at the next show.

Edited by RubberSideDown

Only the combustion chamber video is really lame marketing since every engine is designed to avoid knocking.

Kawi is doing a decent job keeping the hype up as they should for something so expensive and not Italian art.

That really does some it up as art is meant to be looked at and admired. The others meant to be ridden :/)

That really does some it up as art is meant to be looked at and admired. The others meant to be ridden :/)

Unless of course it is a "Work Of Art " wink.png

Also many see a beautiful girl & say she is a work of art

Yet still.......ok maybe I better not go there laugh.png

Edited by mania

• 2 weeks later...