Kawasaki unveiling some new Ninja

mania

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing now that Kawi is going to ignore the 'gentleman's agreement' of limiting bikes to 186mph/300kph (they already mentioned not conforming to regulations in their initial press release)- this would mean their new bike would have to exceed the '99-'00 Hayabusa, which would hit 194mph bone-stock (there are a few bikes that could meet or exceed that number already, but their limiters would have to be defeated in order to do so, so they can't claim the stock title).

I know three guys in the US who already have deposits down on an H2 at their local dealerships- Kawi better come out with something really good after all the hype.

This is a common problem these days with hype............

living up to it ;)

It's official now: a supercharged engine

Why did you show that! Now I am even more excited than I was before. And I'll be dreaming about the H2.....or laying awake at night thinking about it.....

It's all your fault! facepalm.gif

All the hype surrounding the new H2 seems befitting with major of the speculations turning out to be true indeed. Powered by a centrifugally supercharged 1000cc inline four engine, the Kawasaki Ninja H2 would be cranking out a cracking 222 bhp and might just shatter the speed mandate of 300 kph for Japanese motorcycles.

In fact there also happens to be a race variant of the Kawasaki Ninja H2 that pumps out a smacking 307 bhp to go alongwith the legal 222 bhp street version.

I may start thinking of this Kawasaki not Panigale :)

so as they say supersport, it will be a mid displacement motorbike. and it looks like that from the video.

airbox looks big.

cool enough! hope lighter than a normal supersport!

If you go to the Kawasaki website and click on 'super sport' the 6R, 10R, and 14R show up- it may well be a smaller-displacement bike, but 'super sport' alone doesn't connotate the engine size.

http://m.kawasaki.com/ProductSubCategory/?id=24

I asked a friend in the States (who installed a turbo in his Suzuki Bandit) for confirmation re: whether it's a turbo-supercharger or centrifugal supercharger- this is what he said:

They're all technically "superchargers", because that's what they do. Exhaust-driven units can be either turbo-superchargers (which use exhaust gases to compress the incoming mixture- what most people refer to as a "turbo") or power-recovery turbines (which mechanically return power from the exhaust blast to the crankshaft), while Roots or centrifugal "blowers" (or screw "compressors") use engine power to pump more air into the engine than it would normally inhale.

The Kwak patent getting all the attention is, if I remember correctly, for a multi-speed centrifugal supercharger.

Info on the Kawasaki patent:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/630/17479/Motorcycle-Article/Kawasaki-Supercharged-Inline-Four-at-Tokyo.aspx

That looks like it's powered off the crankshaft to me, which would make it a supercharger (which is what Kawasaki calls it).

Would you say the engine in the pic above is a turbo? I believe it's a centrifugal supercharger.

I was posting in reference to post by BSJ yesterday 2104

In that video it is a turbo.

The fancy chrome engine is centrifugal

it is a supercharged engine getting its power from crankshaft.

I am still hoping a small displacement bike and yes, term supersport is confusing and changes country to country but generally it defines mid displacement sport/track bikes.

10 days to go guys!

Archived