Kawasaki unveiling some new Ninja

mania

An article I read says it's almost certainly going to be a 4 cylinder 750cc supercharged.

"The key part is the reference to the firm’s gas turbine and aerospace divisions. The same terms were used when the supercharged engine was shown last year.

That prototype motor appeared to be based on some of the same castings as the ZX-6R unit, but with the addition of a supercharger to boost power. The new ‘H2’ reference could be a suggestion that the final engine will actually be around 750cc. With a supercharger, the resulting motor would probably be powerful enough to destroy 1000cc normally-aspirated bikes in performance terms, while potentially being smaller and lighter."

Some of the comments after the article complain that although it will be grea,t the engine would be shot 2-3 times faster than a normal engine, equaling in a very low resale value.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got bored waiting for them to produce a triple a long time ago. and theres no way im paying £15000 for a street triple thats manufacteured 70km up the road from pattaya. ive defect to the darkside of japan nd that will do for me.

you have to change the suspension setups though.

and dont forget to buy a steering damper for dark side of the japan bikes, some people are having tank slappers due to front end being light.

I believe Kawa hit the right spot with this supercharged/turbo bike!

a 750 cc supercharged/turbo sure destroys a liter bike. maybe not very drastically at HP but sure it will offer a lot of torque most probably equal to a 1500 c engine if tuned right and economy not in mind much!

Torque will be the biggest difference not hp numbers i believe especially if very less turbo lag!

Still, it will not be so light from what i understand:(

A turbo and supercharger are basically identical except a turbo recycles exhaust gasses while a supercharger forces pressurized fresh air into the engine.

Turbos tend to run hot so I doubt a turbo would be a big hit in Thailand.

A supercharger uses more fuel due to the increased airflow while a turbo uses slightly less.

Both have lag so precise acceleration around corners would be difficult to achieve.

However straight line acceleration would be very powerful. Both need an intercooler.

A turbo and supercharger are basically identical except a turbo recycles exhaust gasses while a supercharger forces pressurized fresh air into the engine.

Turbos tend to run hot so I doubt a turbo would be a big hit in Thailand.

A supercharger uses more fuel due to the increased airflow while a turbo uses slightly less.

Both have lag so precise acceleration around corners would be difficult to achieve.

However straight line acceleration would be very powerful. Both need an intercooler.

A turbo charger does not recycle exhaust gases.

It uses exhaust gases to drive a turbine that force feeds air into the engine. A supercharger does the same except it's turbine is directly connected to the engine.

A supercharger may use more fuel because it takes a fair amount of power from the direct engine drive. A turbo charger may be more fuel efficient because it's power source is one that is usually 'wasted' or unused, the exhaust gas.

Neither need an intercooler but can benefit from it's presence.

Modern turbo and superchargers have virtually no lag when they use variable vane technology.

As for lag at very high speeds it's a non issue as the turbo is already spooled up at much lower revs.

Talking as someone who has workef as a race mechanic at the 24 hr Le Mans and ridden both turbo and supercharged bikes.

Just a reminder, the Thai Visa forum rules apply to the Bikes in Thailand forum as well:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

A post in violation of the above has been removed as well as the replies.

maybe kawasaki saw the competition.

This bike is funny since it's a 125cc.

I'm guessing it makes 10hp stock, maybe 20hp with the turbo.

Seems like a lot of money for 10hp but it's good to have extreme enthusiasts.

If someone made a reliable turbo kit for my Tricity I would consider buying it.

The latest Kawi video is a letdown, nothing about the new bike.

Kinda cool to be reminded that Kawi gets into serious projects.

I wonder if the bike division is a joke among employees there since all the real engineers work on airplanes.

They showcased their big-bore bikes, so maybe it will be a monster (instead of a boosted lower-displacement bike) after all- I hope so.wink.png

hahah, and i hope not!

But it looks like what you say as the bike does not look small to me.

You know looking at that sillouette

it occurs to me to be quite short

Beefy yes but short/compact

When I think about it with the ZX10 & 14R they pretty much rule the large fast bike segment as is

If they were to turbo either it would need incredible traction control. So I would guess also be larger/longer than that silhouette IMHO

If they turbo/super charge a 600-750RR for street it is in reality useless as my bet is not 1% of the canyon racer

crowd can wring a zx6 now on canyon twisty roads. What more need is there in that segment

So I wonder if they see what has been a direction to smaller & are making a small 300-500 killer

Maybe something odd like a 420...........rolleyes.gif

post-82547-0-40248800-1410225877_thumb.j

^

I totally hope a 500 cc inline four supercharged at 180 kg making 120 hp!

Best should be 500 cc inline four at 150 kg and 150 hp power thoughlaugh.png it will be like when dreams come true!

LL

My understanding is kawasaki has black listed you and sentenced you to a life chained to hondas.

Back on topic

The direction these company's have been going lately has been small displacement. My guess is a 500 cc supercharged honda killer @ the same price of a honda 650;)

They showcased their big-bore bikes, so maybe it will be a monster (instead of a boosted lower-displacement bike) after all- I hope so.wink.png

I'm guessing that their 'big' bikes were shown simply to illustrate their innovative qualities/significance at the time.

But, I would also guess that the 14R, for example, is the Kwaka Flagship bike, no? If that is true then they are certainly promoting this new H2 very hard given its name and the significance of the bike(s) it is being compared to....very interesting indeed.

Archived