Total candidates for 250 NRC seats end at 6,729

webfact

Total candidates for 250 NRC seats end at 6,729

9-3-2014-11-13-55-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Election Commission has announced total candidates vying for the 250-seat National Reform Council (NRC) after 20 days of application submission ending Tuesday at 6,729.

Puchong Nutrawong, secretary-general of the EC, said of the total 6,729 applicants, 3,959 candidates were proposed by non-profitable organisation to the EC in Bangkok, and the rest 2,770 were proposed at the provincial administration offices and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration office.

However he said the official figures of total candidates will be known after all names submitted to the EC via postal services have arrived at the EC office which is expected within four days at the latest.

The area of reform which attracted the most candidates of a total 619 persons is education.

Media reform drew the least candidates of just 171, he said.

He said the Selection Committee will have a meeting Thursday. The meeting will be presided over by National Council for Peace and Order chief Gen prayuth Chan-ocha.

The EC will take 10 days from Wednesday until September 12 to screen the qualifications of the candidates and submitted to the Selection Committee to select.

The selection process begins after September 12 and must be finished within 10 days. The committee will then propose its choices of 550 candidates to the NCPO to select the last 250 names to the NRC.

The NCPO will take 10 days or within October 2 to name 250 members and forward to the King for royal endorsement.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/total-candidates-250-nrc-seats-end-6729/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-09-03

Just so that I understand the situation and to lay the foundations for any future, no doubt, contentious discussions about the makeup of the committee responsible for future reforms - the members of the NCR are ultimately appointed by the ruling military junta.

Just so that I understand the situation and to lay the foundations for any future, no doubt, contentious discussions about the makeup of the committee responsible for future reforms - the members of the NCR are ultimately appointed by the ruling military junta.

With help on the qualifications assessed by the EC before being forwarded for consideration.

Should the EC not be disbanded for the next year, surely it wont be needed until elections are held again 'sometime' in the future. Maybe they are calling in their favors from the big boys for their non action earlier in the year, at least they could change their name and acronym to AC (Appointment Commission).

correct.

Input from the entire Thai society - as selected by the junta.

• Like 2

With help on the qualifications assessed by the EC before being forwarded for consideration.

Should the EC not be disbanded for the next year, surely it wont be needed until elections are held again 'sometime' in the future. Maybe they are calling in their favors from the big boys for their non action earlier in the year, at least they could change their name and acronym to AC (Appointment Commission).

I must admit I have been bemused by the efficiency shown by the EC over this. All this and not a word in the press from Somchai Srisutthiyakorn - he must have been fitted with a ball gag.

I'm a bit disappointed. No, not with comments here, that's no more than to be expected. No, about the very few candidates proposed upcountry, in the provinces.

Could it be a case where to some it's difficult to think for themselves after having relied on local elite and politicians for so long? Clearly the education reform needs to concentrate on self-awareness, self-reliance, self-entitlement.

I'm a bit disappointed. No, not with comments here, that's no more than to be expected. No, about the very few candidates proposed upcountry, in the provinces.

Could it be a case where to some it's difficult to think for themselves after having relied on local elite and politicians for so long? Clearly the education reform needs to concentrate on self-awareness, self-reliance, self-entitlement.

That's right, rubl, way to go. Fresh from your disparaging remarks about the murdered nurses family, here you are doing your best to perpetuate the myth of the uneducated, easily manipulated northerners.

Ever thought that they might have principles and do not want to be associated with an obviously junta led and influenced "selection" process?

Edited by fab4
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"No, about the very few candidates proposed upcountry, in the provinces."

It may also be people in the provinces outside the sphere of Bangkok's elite, military, and royalists do not want to lend any creditability towards the Junta handcrafted government by participating in what they may perceive as being contrary to what they perceive to be democracy.

It and may also be that the schools for democracy run by the UDD do not allow for co-operation with anyone who or anything which has yet again "stolen an election", tries to harm the Isaan darling, and so. How about the Southern provinces?

Any idea how the applications are spread over the country?

Who needs reforms as the pre-coup situation was democratic enough. Who wants progress?

Edited by rubl

That's right, rubl, way to go. Fresh from your disparaging remarks about the murdered nurses family, here you are doing your best to perpetuate the myth of the uneducated, easily manipulated northerners.

Ever thought that they might have principles and do not want to be associated with an obviously junta led and influenced "selection" process?

I know we don't agree on many things, but could you please try to be a bit civil?

BTW I mentioned "provinces" as in "outside Bangkok". Why do you immediately interpret that as "Northeners"? Do you think my description is obviously aimed at them, maybe because you think it might apply? Shame on you!

Anyway obviously no one seems to have thought that with hundreds of thousands applications even the alleged 'junta led and influenced selection process' might be thwarted. Luckily the NRC groups only gather information, input, listen to all, and try to condens / formulate into something acceptable by most Thai. If they are not able to do so they would have to ask the NCPO and NLA to stay on a bit longer till they (i.e. NRC) can.

Edited by rubl

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"No, about the very few candidates proposed upcountry, in the provinces."

It may also be people in the provinces outside the sphere of Bangkok's elite, military, and royalists do not want to lend any creditability towards the Junta handcrafted government by participating in what they may perceive as being contrary to what they perceive to be democracy.

It may be even simpler that the people up country have been neglected by All political parties and especially in the area of education which drives and improves citizens ability to participate in all aspects of society and especially at the higher levels of policy making.

Thankfully the Junta has recognised that and has the balls as the first group to do something about what all others have only paid lip service to while manipulating this mass of votes for their own personnel gains. And thankfully one of the areas that needs the greatest reform - education - has received the greatest nominations. And I am sure their are some very credible nominations from Isaan from those who care about their fellow citizens and country and its education and who are finally stepping forward now that Thaksin's Red thugs have been sat on their mafia asses.

• Like 1

I know we don't agree on many things, but could you please try to be a bit civil?

BTW I mentioned "provinces" as in "outside Bangkok". Why do you immediately interpret that as "Northeners"? Do you think my description is obviously aimed at them, maybe because you think it might apply? Shame on you!

Anyway obviously no one seems to have thought that with hundreds of thousands applications even the alleged 'junta led and influenced selection process' might be thwarted. Luckily the NRC groups only gather information, input, listen to all, and try to condens / formulate into something acceptable by most Thai. If they are not able to do so they would have to ask the NCPO and NLA to stay on a bit longer till they (i.e. NRC) can.

When you learn to demonstrate some empathy for victims of 2010 regardless of political allegiance (how many times have you pushed the soldiers and Vandergrift angle?) you'll get a civil reply from me.

You appear to have forgotten that in addition to "provinces as in outside Bangkok" you used the descriptor "upcountry". Couple that with your obvious political leanings (wrt Thailand) and your other post in this thread referencing schools for democracy run by the UDD, pardon me for deducing your comments were directed at "northerners". Unless of course, geography has been turned on it's head and the southern provinces are now designated upcountry.

As for your last paragraph, do you not understand the process for appointing members to the NRC? The selection committee is headed by prayuth who wields total control. The selection committee than hands 550 names to the NCPO who then appoint 250 people from that list to the NRC. Junta influenced from beginning to end. Your assertion that the NRC would or even could ask the NCPO and NLA to stay on a bit longer is as ridiculous as it is sycophantic to the junta - they make the decisions. Oh and there were 6,729 applications, not "hundreds and thousands" as you claim.

Then again I suppose you regard the constitution of 2007 to have been written completely independent of the ruling junta.

• Like 1

When you learn to demonstrate some empathy for victims of 2010 regardless of political allegiance (how many times have you pushed the soldiers and Vandergrift angle?) you'll get a civil reply from me.

You appear to have forgotten that in addition to "provinces as in outside Bangkok" you used the descriptor "upcountry". Couple that with your obvious political leanings (wrt Thailand) and your other post in this thread referencing schools for democracy run by the UDD, pardon me for deducing your comments were directed at "northerners". Unless of course, geography has been turned on it's head and the southern provinces are now designated upcountry.

As for your last paragraph, do you not understand the process for appointing members to the NRC? The selection committee is headed by prayuth who wields total control. The selection committee than hands 550 names to the NCPO who then appoint 250 people from that list to the NRC. Junta influenced from beginning to end. Your assertion that the NRC would or even could ask the NCPO and NLA to stay on a bit longer is as ridiculous as it is sycophantic to the junta - they make the decisions. Oh and there were 6,729 applications, not "hundreds and thousands" as you claim.

Then again I suppose you regard the constitution of 2007 to have been written completely independent of the ruling junta.

I've never heard of anyone use the term 'upcountry' to refer to Surat Thani.

regarding the NRC:

the organs of a democratic society have been appropriated by the junta. this is only a charade. There was no democratic process in 2006/7 and they missed the mark. This time there will be no democratic process and they will carry the ball over the goal line themselves.

I mentioned before that I do not expect any thing close to 'fair' elections under the next constitution. It may very well be that the elections will not be in 2015 either. This junta is in it to win the game and they are making the rules too.

1. Regarding 'civil' language, may I quote forum rule #7 ?

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

2. 'upcountry' is a general term used in Thailand as the area outside Bangkok. Banks for a long time and still talk about 'metro area' and outside / upcountry. Furthermore your reply is timed 19:12, I remark on UDD 22:29. Interesting you used the future to explain your past.

3. It would seem that a few people are all to willing to believe and then state that the NCPO will 'appoint' who they want, like, need. That seems to ignore that the NCPO only chooses from the persons who applied.

4. Indeed there are not hundred of thousands of applications, neither did I claim. I merely suggested that if there had been so many any untoward ideas the 'junta' might have had could be thwarted.

5. The 2007 constituition is not part of the topic here. We'll leave that for the CDC discussion.

With any respect possibly due,

yours truly,

uncle rubl

Edited by rubl

I've never heard of anyone use the term 'upcountry' to refer to Surat Thani.

regarding the NRC:

the organs of a democratic society have been appropriated by the junta. this is only a charade. There was no democratic process in 2006/7 and they missed the mark. This time there will be no democratic process and they will carry the ball over the goal line themselves.

I mentioned before that I do not expect any thing close to 'fair' elections under the next constitution. It may very well be that the elections will not be in 2015 either. This junta is in it to win the game and they are making the rules too.

Upcountry is used at times for "outside Bangkok', as such is doesn't indicate a specific direction.

As for the NRC, well your views are interesting, but you mix what you think and expect easily with what you state as "they will", 'the junta is". The only thing really obvious seems you're against the junta / NCPO. No problem, but with all due respect may I make the observation that your opinion as foreigner doesn't matter one iota, neither does mine by the way. On the other hand I try to avoid logic which starts with 'I think' and follows with therefor 'they will'.

Edited by rubl

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

2. 'upcountry' is a general term used in Thailand as the area outside Bangkok. Banks for a long time and still talk about 'metro area' and outside / upcountry. Furthermore your reply is timed 19:12, I remark on UDD 22:29. Interesting you used the future to explain your past.

3. It would seem that a few people are all to willing to believe and then state that the NCPO will 'appoint' who they want, like, need. That seems to ignore that the NCPO only chooses from the persons who applied.

4. Indeed there are not hundred of thousands of applications, neither did I claim. I merely suggested that if there had been so many any untoward ideas the 'junta' might have had could be thwarted.

5. The 2007 constituition is not part of the topic here. We'll leave that for the CDC discussion.

yours truly,

uncle rubl

1) I wrote "Fresh from your disparaging remarks about the murdered nurses family, here you are doing your best to perpetuate the myth of the uneducated, easily manipulated northerners." If you think that is a personal attack, well, don't write controversial baiting posts.

2) Oh I see, Thailand has a different "upcountry" to everybody else.

3) What kind of people do you think will apply to be be in a position to be chosen by the NCPO? Might be linked to the "disappointing" response from the "upcountry" provinces, you think?

4) Oh, OK, I read your comment wrongly. So now any "untoward ideas the junta might have" stand a good chance of not being thwarted by extension of your argument

5) I just knew there would be something off topic..

Oh, and no respect expected, or required.

Edited by fab4

The coup was provoked in Bangkok by Suthep and company, led from Bangkok, and toppled a government elected by people from outside of Bangkok. In view of this perhaps people outside of Bangkok see no benefit in assisting the junta.

Regarding the education level up north, I've worked with Chiang Mai University students and graduates, none from wealthy families and none studying with the benefit of a private school education. They didn't even have the advantage of studying in Bangkok, where schools are much better funded and the pupil to teacher ratio is much lower. They have greatly impressed me with their intelligence, discipline and ambition.

I've also noted that some Bangkok transplants in the north find it annoying that the locals speak so many languages, not just Thai and English. This makes in harder for the transplants to feel superior.

Edited by heybruce

The coup was provoked in Bangkok by Suthep and company, led from Bangkok, and toppled a government elected by people from outside of Bangkok. In view of this perhaps people outside of Bangkok see no benefit in assisting the junta.

Regarding the education level up north, I've worked with Chiang Mai University students and graduates, none from wealthy families and none studying with the benefit of a private school education. They didn't even have the advantage of studying in Bangkok, where schools are much better funded and the pupil to teacher ratio is much lower. They have greatly impressed me with their intelligence, discipline and ambition.

I've also noted that some Bangkok transplants in the north find it annoying that the locals speak so many languages, not just Thai and English. This makes in harder for the transplants to feel superior.

"see no need to assist the junta"?

Are we still on the topic of applicants for the various sun committees of the NRC which will help reform Thailand to be come a real democratic country for ALL?

BTW Bangkok transplants might be those from elsewhere who "transplanted" to Bangkok. Only half of the Bangkok population I think.

Not that any of that has any relation with the NRC. Anyone having info on where the 6000++ applicants come from?

Are we still on the topic of applicants for the various sun committees of the NRC which will help reform Thailand to be come a real democratic country for ALL?

BTW Bangkok transplants might be those from elsewhere who "transplanted" to Bangkok. Only half of the Bangkok population I think.

Not that any of that has any relation with the NRC. Anyone having info on where the 6000++ applicants come from?

I could care less where the 6,729 come from, it's what the chosen 250 do that is the important thing. A real democratic country for all, my A.

yours truly,

uncle rubl

1) I wrote "Fresh from your disparaging remarks about the murdered nurses family, here you are doing your best to perpetuate the myth of the uneducated, easily manipulated northerners." If you think that is a personal attack, well, don't write controversial baiting posts.

2) Oh I see, Thailand has a different "upcountry" to everybody else.

3) What kind of people do you think will apply to be be in a position to be chosen by the NCPO? Might be linked to the "disappointing" response from the "upcountry" provinces, you think?

4) Oh, OK, I read your comment wrongly. So now any "untoward ideas the junta might have" stand a good chance of not being thwarted by extension of your argument

5) I just knew there would be something off topic..

Oh, and no respect expected, or required.

ad.1. I asked for civil language you start to rewrite history. At first you wrote "When you learn to demonstrate some empathy for victims of 2010 regardless of political allegiance (how many times have you pushed the soldiers and Vandergrift angle?) you'll get a civil reply from me."

Of course if you think a civil reply is only needed to those you agree with or who agree with you. Still I didn't complain about a personal attack, I complained about uncivil manners.

BTW 'controversial baiting' post seems to become your standard reply to anything you don't like, but can't refute?

ad. 2. Yes, I couldn't phrase it better. Thailand has a real different upcountry than most countries I know. For some that's the charm though, the rustic sceneries up-North, the plains in the middle, the beaches down-South.

ad.3. In principle any Thai can apply, you dig up the restrictions if you want. All those apply will be 'studied' and a selection will be made. Those who do not apply and are not applied by others will not be selected. If the response from upNorthEast is poor than on average less of them might be selected (in numbers that is, but is similar percentages as those from other areas.

ad.4. The "untoward ideas the junta might have" is more a suggestion others constantly voice, even you in point 3. I do not subscribe to such 'might have' or 'could have'. All I say is a chance is lost. Those who do not even try, but only voice negatives cannot complain afterwards "they did it without us, or without listening to us".

ad.5. Don't worry, soon we'll get some nice topic on CDC. You'll get your chance yet.

Take care, my friend,

uncle rubl

Edited by rubl

Geez man does your ass hurt or something? Is Rubi getting under your skin?

I don't, but this person thinks he does:

Regarding:

"the various sun committees of the NRC which will help reform Thailand to be come a real democratic country for ALL?"

Time will tell, but history, especially the recent history of Thailand's military, doesn't make me hopeful about the reforms or the quality of democracy that will result.

Also:

"Could it be a case where to some it's difficult to think for themselves after having relied on local elite and politicians for so long?"

What leads you to even ask that question? Have you spent much time "upcountry" getting to know the people there?

The people outside of Bangkok get very little government spending, they have to provide for themselves, which requires thinking for themselves. The people in Bangkok receive the vast majority of government spending; they are the ones dependent on the government, this dependence results in independent thinking being replaced with a knee-jerk defense of traditional institutions.

Edited by heybruce

Regarding:

"the various sun committees of the NRC which will help reform Thailand to be come a real democratic country for ALL?"

Time will tell, but history, especially the recent history of Thailand's military, doesn't make me hopeful about the reforms or the quality of democracy that will result.

Also:

"Could it be a case where to some it's difficult to think for themselves after having relied on local elite and politicians for so long?"

What leads you to even ask that question? Have you spent much time "upcountry" getting to know the people there?

The people outside of Bangkok get very little government spending, they have to provide for themselves, which requires thinking for themselves. The people in Bangkok receive the vast majority of government spending; they are the ones dependent on the government, this dependence results in independent thinking being replaced with a knee-jerk defense of traditional institutions.

This person only knows what was written in the OP, something you also might know:

"total 6,729 applicants, 3,959 candidates were proposed by non-profitable organisation to the EC in Bangkok, and the rest 2,770 were proposed at the provincial administration offices and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration office."

Of course all 3959 applications made in Bangkok could be for people from the provinces, Bangkok has many transplants. Still with Bangkok having less than 20% of the Thai population I'd expect a bit more from the provinces. The suggestion of "don't want to be part of it" seems a bit biased and not well founded.

BTW' the people' inside Bangkok also get little government spending, most goes to companies. The exception might be the 500 - 700++ billion from the rice scam, but that's for another topic. 'the people' in Bangkok are a diverse lot. In general elections and BKK governor elections Pheu Thai and Democrat party seem to split votes almost evenly leaving next to nothing for others. Of course all these voters are dependent on the government, which make even the Pheu Thai voters seem to be like knee-jerky chaps, according to you that is.

Regarding:

Also:

This person only knows what was written in the OP, something you also might know:

"total 6,729 applicants, 3,959 candidates were proposed by non-profitable organisation to the EC in Bangkok, and the rest 2,770 were proposed at the provincial administration offices and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration office."

Of course all 3959 applications made in Bangkok could be for people from the provinces, Bangkok has many transplants. Still with Bangkok having less than 20% of the Thai population I'd expect a bit more from the provinces. The suggestion of "don't want to be part of it" seems a bit biased and not well founded.

BTW' the people' inside Bangkok also get little government spending, most goes to companies. The exception might be the 500 - 700++ billion from the rice scam, but that's for another topic. 'the people' in Bangkok are a diverse lot. In general elections and BKK governor elections Pheu Thai and Democrat party seem to split votes almost evenly leaving next to nothing for others. Of course all these voters are dependent on the government, which make even the Pheu Thai voters seem to be like knee-jerky chaps, according to you that is.

"This person only knows what was written in the OP,"

But 'this person' also wrote, in his original post to this topic:

"about the very few candidates proposed upcountry, in the provinces."

First he implies he has knowledge about the geographic make-up of the candidates, then he disavows such knowledge. Curious.

Regarding government spending in Bangkok:

"Currently, 72 % of Thailand's general public expenditures are being spent in Bangkok, which is home to 17% of the country’s population and produces 26% of the GDP." http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2012/05/10/thailand-public-finance-management-review-report

Of course my original post was in response to your speculation that people 'upcountry' can't think for themselves, which I disagree with. Once again you ignored the main point of my post in order to inaccurately critique peripheral details.

Further ignoring I'm still interested to know how all those candidates who either applied directly or were applied by organisations, are spread over the country.

One would assume the NorthEast provinces might have the most candidates being the most populous part of Thailand. Mind you, some have moved to Bangkok so might have registered here.

... ...

Of course my original post was in response to your speculation that people 'upcountry' can't think for themselves, which I disagree with. Once again you ignored the main point of my post in order to inaccurately critique peripheral details.

"Could it be a case where to some it's difficult to think for themselves after having relied on local elite and politicians for so long? Clearly the education reform needs to concentrate on self-awareness, self-reliance, self-entitlement."

Anyway, I know what's in the OP and that includes what I wrote as "about the very few candidates proposed upcountry, in the provinces. ".

Please also note the "upcountry, in the provinces"

Till now a lot of distraction, but no new data from posters. The one thing I found though was the final tallies,

"A total of 7,042 people named as candidates for the NRC during the nomination period between August 14 and Tuesday, according to Election Commission secretary-general Puchong Nutrawong. Of these, 4,262 people were nominated by not-for-profit legal entities and 2,780 by the provincial selection panels."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/757620-prayuth-assures-fair-selection-of-reform-council-members/

Edited by rubl

... ...

"Could it be a case where to some it's difficult to think for themselves after having relied on local elite and politicians for so long? Clearly the education reform needs to concentrate on self-awareness, self-reliance, self-entitlement."

Anyway, I know what's in the OP and that includes what I wrote as "about the very few candidates proposed upcountry, in the provinces. ".

Till now a lot of distraction, but no new data from posters. The one thing I found though was the final tallies,

"A total of 7,042 people named as candidates for the NRC during the nomination period between August 14 and Tuesday, according to Election Commission secretary-general Puchong Nutrawong. Of these, 4,262 people were nominated by not-for-profit legal entities and 2,780 by the provincial selection panels."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/757620-prayuth-assures-fair-selection-of-reform-council-members/

"Anyway, I know what's in the OP and that includes what I wrote as "about the very few candidates proposed upcountry, in the provinces. "."

What in the OP led you to the conclusion there were "very few candidates proposed upcountry, in the province."

What do you base your speculation "Could it be a case where to some it's difficult to think for themselves after having relied on local elite and politicians for so long?" upon?

... ...

"Anyway, I know what's in the OP and that includes what I wrote as "about the very few candidates proposed upcountry, in the provinces. "."

What in the OP led you to the conclusion there were "very few candidates proposed upcountry, in the province."

What do you base your speculation "Could it be a case where to some it's difficult to think for themselves after having relied on local elite and politicians for so long?" upon?

Good questions this time, really.

OP total 6,729 applicants, 3,959 candidates proposed by organisations to the EC in Bangkok, 2,770 to provincial administration offices and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration office.

Now maybe I jumped the gun without further details, but with 80% of the population living outside Bangkok, I'd expect more applications in the Provincial Offices. The reasoning of "maybe don't want to be seen as cooperating with the NCPO" I have seen here I consider a weak argument.

As for your last question, the sentence has the 'base' already. Maybe more clear if I shift sentence parts like

"after having relied on local elite and politicians for so long Could it be a case where to some it's difficult to think for themselves?"

Edited by rubl

Good questions this time, really.

OP total 6,729 applicants, 3,959 candidates proposed by organisations to the EC in Bangkok, 2,770 to provincial administration offices and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration office.

Now maybe I jumped the gun without further details, but with 80% of the population living outside Bangkok, I'd expect more applications in the Provincial Offices. The reasoning of "maybe don't want to be seen as cooperating with the NCPO" I have seen here I consider a weak argument.

As for your last question, the sentence has the 'base' already. Maybe more clear if I shift sentence parts like

"after having relied on local elite and politicians for so long Could it be a case where to some it's difficult to think for themselves?"

Maybe your simplistic and frankly insulting, viewpoint that the rural voters are "unable to think for themselves" or find it too difficult, would benefit from a read of Andrew Walkers paper "The rural constitution and the everyday politics of elections in Northern Thailand".

Those citizens who do not have the dubious honour of residing in Bangkok are a lot more savvy than you give them credit for, unsurprisingly enough. And this paper was a study undertaken written in 2008.(http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/walker-2008.pdf)

My, they might even be able to think for themselves now!

(It's even critical of Thaksin, so I'm sure you'll be able to cherrypick something to quote back at me) coffee1.gif

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1