dtac happy internet 3g vs double net

manolothai

I don't know to be honest, but while flipping over the indicated page I see that with the Double Net Package 799 baht / month they offer 12 (twelve!) GB 3G service with 384 Kb after you capped the 12GB. I currently pay 899 Baht/month for 5GB/384KB with the cheapest package offered with True-H. SO if this DTAC offer stands it is absolute great value. Lomatopo, what do you think?

I have the 799 a month double net package. It also comes with 4GB of 4G for 4 months. Unfortunately the '3G' speed from my home in Bangkok is rubbish - usually below 1 gig. I don't think this is related to double net though; it's a general DTAC problem. I assumed the double net thing was a temporary special offer.

I have the 799 a month double net package. It also comes with 4GB of 4G for 4 months. Unfortunately the '3G' speed from my home in Bangkok is rubbish - usually below 1 gig. I don't think this is related to double net though; it's a general DTAC problem. I assumed the double net thing was a temporary special offer.

So, you get 12GB then? And where do you use this package? In a smart phone, a tablet or in a dongle?

Edited by Dario

And does it work on tethering? Did you try?

Tethering has nothing to do with the provider (in Thailand). It depends on the phone or tablet you use. When tethering with my tablet or iPhone I get the same speed with True-H. Should be the same with DTAC. Although with a dongle the speed I get is much less.

Edited by Dario

Tethering has nothing to do with the provider (in Thailand). It depends on the phone or tablet you use.
Technically is just a network restriction on the apn and does not directly concern the country. I know in Thai the carriers do not set this restriction but is also true that they can learn from abroad and set it on some plan. Since the discounted price and newest offer we discussing on, if anyone can confirm tethering full functionality I appreciate. Edited by manolothai

I have been using DTAC 799bt 12GB double deal for 3 months on my modem router tethered to my computer. It works the same as all the 3g data packages, once you have used the 12gb quota it drops back to 384kbs.

If you have any other packages with DTAC i think you have to cancel those before it lets you choose another package. I did it all online at DTAC e-service.

I have been using DTAC 799bt 12GB double deal for 3 months on my modem router tethered to my computer. It works the same as all the 3g data packages, once you have used the 12gb quota it drops back to 384kbs.

If you have any other packages with DTAC i think you have to cancel those before it lets you choose another package. I did it all online at DTAC e-service.

Lovely!

Thanks a bunch.

Tethering has nothing to do with the provider (in Thailand). It depends on the phone or tablet you use.
Technically is just a network restriction on the apn and does not directly concern the country. I know in Thai the carriers do not set this restriction but is also true that they can learn from abroad and set it on some plan. Since the discounted price and newest offer we discussing on, if anyone can confirm tethering full functionality I appreciate.

I think some providers are now using the TTL value to check if you're tethering. A quick online search of TTL tethering will pull up lots of info.

Technically is just a network restriction on the apn and does not directly concern the country. I know in Thai the carriers do not set this restriction but is also true that they can learn from abroad and set it on some plan. Since the discounted price and newest offer we discussing on, if anyone can confirm tethering full functionality I appreciate.
I think some providers are now using the TTL value to check if you're tethering. A quick online search of TTL tethering will pull up lots of info.

A pretty smart way. Interesting.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Could you post a link to Dtac double net packages, please? I have spent an hour searching Dtacs web site, all mobile carrier web sites here are very badly designed, Dtac takes the prize tho.

I am sure the double net packages all still offered, I used Dtac prepaid all of last winter winter, somehow I managed to find ussd codes for them, now they have hidden them really well!

If you have the ussd code page, or a page offering double net packages, I would appriciate very very much!

I've just watched the website and seems like they're working on it. There are many broken links in the website menu at this moment. Try later. I want add regarding this offer that I did subscribed it and I think the connection is a little less responsive than the happy Internet package, but it's OK.

Edited by manolothai

DTAC Call center confirmed the last day for register is Dec 31st 2014 even though the site says Jan31st, and you get 6 months of 3G/4G double data. After that it would cut in half, which just means in 6 months see what their new promo is.

Just make sure you have enough credit then enter the code into your phone. If you have a data package already, make sure it's expired or canceled. These are currently the biggest plans of all 3 carriers so if you like your mobile data, these are for you. If you have the DTAC tourist sim, you can get one of these packages after your week of free 3G data.

• 12GB / month - 799 Baht - Press: *104*343*5720283*9# send (English)
  • 6GB - 650 Baht - Press *104*23*5720283*9# send (English)
  • 3GB - 399 Baht - Press *104*21*5720283*9# send (English)
  • 1GB - 199 Baht - Press *104*26*5720283*9# send (English)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

what sim do I need to get at 7-11 to get the Unlimited Happy Internet 199 baht , unlimited 1 GB / week ?

or will any Dtac sim work, I only need it for 2 weeks now and then again the end of March

Any DTAC SIM will do. It's actually 199 baht + VAT of 7%.

*104*28*9#imgPhone.gif for package activation.
If you don't need high speed and are happy with 384kbps or 512kbps, they also have:
Unlimited Happy Internet 69 baht

Able to use 3G at maximum speed 384Kbps

valid until 31/01/2015
Activation Shortcut *104*315*9#imgPhone.gif
&

Unlimited Happy Internet 59 baht

Able to use 3G at maximum speed of 512 Kbps

valid until 31/01/2015
Activation Shortcut *104*378*9#imgPhone.gif
These look the wrong way around, but it's the way they are on their website.

just got back from DTAC at Terminal 21 , it is on the 6th floor

all setup with sim and tax for 270b first week , then I can top off and get 2nd week.... for the 1gb a week , probably more than I will use

and its good until March 25th 2015 and I assume goes farther every time you top up

thanks for your help

• 1 month later...

valid until 31/01/2015

I can't find this package on their website. Do you know if it is still valid? Thanks.

valid until 31/01/2015

I can't find this package on their website. Do you know if it is still valid? Thanks.

No, it is not. The offer is now 1.2GB at 0.5Mbps for 79 baht + VAT.

Only TrueMove H still offer the unlimited package. Though the actual speed certainly does not match what DTAC offered.

• 1 month later...