ED Visa : cannot do the 90 days extension inside Thailand ?

Hello

I am on my 2nd year of ED Visa.

I heard from school I may not get the 90 day extension from immigration. I may have to do a new ED visa outside Thailand.

She says it is the new law.. She will try to get the extension, still.

Any more info about this?
Many thanks...

New rules that went into effect on August 29th.

If attending a language school you can only get 90 day extensions for a year from the date you entered the country with an ED visa. You have to go out and get a new visa and start the year again.

It might be best if they got the paperwork for a new visa instead of an extension. There has already been reports of new extensions being denied for those that were already beyond a year.

Hi

Thank you for your replies.

Can you confirm I understood well? I applied ED visa outside Thailand in March. 3 months later (june), I got 90 days extension. Then now, 3 months later, for the second extension, I cannot do it, and must re apply?

Thank you.

If you applied outside in March for your student visa, you are not concern, as you are less than one year in Thailand, you will have your 90 days.

The new law is for people who did one year, and passed in the second year without leaving the country, we did the interview at the Ministry of Education, and wait 4 weeks to get the documents, then we extend our visa for the second year.

As we are over 1 year in Thailand, they want us to leave and apply for a new student visa. We will get only 7 days if we want to extend our visa.

Many thanks for your answer.

Indeed in march I applied outside.

This is my 2nd year.

Hope you are right! :) will keep you posted. Maybe a confusion by ubonjoe and Poorsucker? Or you are wrong? Or I explained myself badly? Or these new law recent and not clear enough? :)
Many thanks.

Many thanks for your answer.

Indeed in march I applied outside.

This is my 2nd year.

Hope you are right! smile.png will keep you posted. Maybe a confusion by ubonjoe and Poorsucker? Or you are wrong? Or I explained myself badly? Or these new law recent and not clear enough? smile.png

Many thanks.

I replied to what you wrote in the topic. You did not mention that you had gone out and got a new visa in March until later.

You will be able to get extensions up to the date you entered in March.