Are you excited about the new iPhone 6?

Digitalnomade

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread says a lot about the type of farangs posting on this forum.

The whole world is using iPhone (or smart phones in general), but the farangs on here are stuck in the "Nokia age"... for various reasons (the world moves faster than they can move, their finances can't allow them to buy the latest products, ...).

The reactions on this thread are somewhat similar to reactions in threads about first class travel, supercars, Thailand Elite card, or the rich Thai society, ...

I am quite excited about the iPhone6. I want one as soon as it is on the market.

And after that I will wait for the iPhone 7 smile.png

Maybe the whole world (USA?) is using iPhones but more of the world are using Android phones!

• Like 1

2 guys sit at the same bar, one with iPhone 6, one with a galaxy s4, in front the beautiful and exciting miss Tiffany 2014. Do you think miss Tiffany will look at the guy with the iPhone 6 or Samsung galaxy.?

http://www.misstiffanyuniverse.com/images/con14/21.jpg

She'll look at the guy with the gold rolex and the Ferrari keys on the bar.

The whole world is using iPhone (or smart phones in general), but the farangs on here are stuck in the "Nokia age"... for various reasons (the world moves faster than they can move, their finances can't allow them to buy the latest products, ...).

The reactions on this thread are somewhat similar to reactions in threads about first class travel, supercars, Thailand Elite card, or the rich Thai society, ...

I am quite excited about the iPhone6. I want one as soon as it is on the market.

Maybe the whole world (USA?) is using iPhones but more of the world are using Android phones!

I use both :)

HTC One and iPhone. But iPhone is still my favorite. Can't wait to buy the new iPhone 6.

Edited by gerry1011

I use both :)

HTC One and iPhone. But iPhone is still my favorite. Can't wait to buy the new iPhone 6.

And why do you prefer Apple ?

No because my company will upgrade my iPhone 5S and then I have to mess about with all that iTunes <deleted> and set it back up. If my old iPhone 4S was as fast as my new iPhone 5S I would of kept it forever and ever.

Wish I still had my Nokia N86, I loved that phone.

But did Nokia symbian phones like the N86 have any capability for sync and restore, iTunes or not? Or did you have to do all that manually?

Even the new Nokia Windows Phones don't have a capability for fully restoring settings, apps, music, etc. if you change to a new phone. Maybe iTunes isn't perfect, but it's essentially a one or two click solution for restoring everything from your old phone to your new phone.

Yes I am looking forward to it, as for my IPhone 5, not sure what I will do with that, secondhand they are worthless to sell.

We shall see.. Anything Apple I love and I do get excited about...

You can sell it. Second hand, iPhones still command a higher resale value than any other phone.

Last year I sold my 16GB iPhone 5 (when the 5s came out) for 12,000 baht - I paid 23,000. Yes it was half price, but nothing to be sniffed at. Now you're 2 generations behind so I guess it'll be less, but even the 16GB model would still probably fetch 5-6,000 baht. Best to check various websites as normally you can lock in a good deal (though it's probably too late now).

YES! Mainly because my job revolves around mobile technology and telecommunications, so personally it's of interest to me, and the fact that I'm a gadget nut.

There's no sense in posting stupid comments to the original poster's question such as 'I hate Apple' or knocking those people who ARE excited. What if you love fast cars? some might say get a life and stop polluting the environment. Everybody's different, so if you can't post a constructive comment with something interesting to say without criticising others that are genuinely looking forward to tomorrow then you might think twice about posting :-) There, rant over.

Anyway, personally I was hoping that Apple will include a sapphire screen (or a sapphire laminate). Of course, all the usual stuff will be announced such as the A8 processor, better graphics, etc, etc....I'm looking forward to the 'continuity' features of iOS 8 (which will make my 5S seem like a new phone even before I upgrade) and OSX Yosemite. Unfortunately, I've not been able to test them yet (though I do have the pre-release developer builds) as continuity wasn't working properly on the last build I tried.

Surely the most exciting aspect about the launch event is the possibility of a wearable / watch that ties into the Apple device ecosystem. It seems like this is almost a certainty now, what with dozens of fashion journalists at the event, plus all the hires last year from the fashion industry (CEO of Yves Saint Laurent), and the Sales Director for TAG (plus loads more). There's definitely something big happening as they've got a MUCH bigger capacity venue, plus the unusual move of having a countdown on the website....all in all, I am bloody wetting myself and will be staying up tomorrow night (then writing about it the next day!). Call me sad, but I don't care...maybe anyone that is as mad about technology as I am should have a post-event drinking session!!!?!?! :-)

Cheers,

Roly

• Like 1

There was a time when I would have been pretty excited in the prospect of a new iphone. I'm still an Apple fanboy, love mac's. But as for the iphone? When it was first introduced it was so revolutionary it was unbelievable, and yes I owned one. However, the androids in their various incarnations have for me beat the current iphone hands down in terms of size, form factor and general applications, I think my current HTC One beats the current iphone by a country mile.

From everything I've seen of the iphone 6 it looks to be a case of simply 'catching up'. Whether or not the sapphire glass is enough of a WOW factor seems debatable. As for features; well I think Samsung learnt the lesson with the S5 that you can load a phone up with all manor of trick applications that nobody uses and it does nothing to enhance it from the previous version.

I guess we'll see tomorrow

• Like 1

2 guys sit at the same bar, one with iPhone 6, one with a galaxy s4, in front the beautiful and exciting miss Tiffany 2014. Do you think miss Tiffany will look at the guy with the iPhone 6 or Samsung galaxy.?

http://www.misstiffanyuniverse.com/images/con14/21.jpg

Research* shows that the Ladies are attracted to e-ink Kindle-toting men.

To double my chances of women flocking to me, I've been sauntering around the shopping malls carrying TWO Kindles. So far it hasn't panned out, but I'm patient. I've considered carrying three, but I think that might come off as a little bit creepy.

T

*from the University of made up research.

The iPhone 6’s release date and alleged specifications appear to have been leaked, just hours before the new Apple device is unveiled at an official event.

While the iPhone 6 launch event is due to begin this evening, those clamouring for information may be interested to learn that more details of the phone have been leaked on China Mobile.

According to the site, the iPhone 6 will be 138mm x 67mm x 7mm, with an 8 megapixel main camera and 2.1 megapixel front-facing camera.

The phone will have a 4.7″ display, covered by sapphire glass, with a resolution of 1134×750 pixels.