Pakistani men and Thai women arrested over passport forgery scam

webfact

Four arrested over forgery scam
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Two Pakistani men and two Thai women have been arrested for allegedly dealing in forged passports and other documents over the past 20 years, the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) said yesterday.

The four suspects were based in Bangkok's Pratunam area and ran an Indian restaurant as a front, senior DSI official Pol Colonel Songsak Raksaksakul said.

The four people also ran a racket in which they either forged passports or bought stolen passports and resold them to other rings operating in Thailand and elsewhere, he said.

Restaurant owner Shahzad Nazeer Butt, 45, has been charged with running a restricted business without permission, buying or possessing stolen items, and forging and selling forged documents, while Khawaja Rizwan Haleem, 32, was charged with document forgery and sale of forged documents.

Orawan Nazeer, 37, the wife of Nazeer Butt, and Nongrak Wongsri, 45, have been charged with conspiring.

In a raid of the restaurant later, DSI officials allegedly found the information pages of passports from 42 countries, pictures of a large number of relevant documents in smartphones, several authentic Austrian passports, authentic information pages of Italian passports and blank Indian visa stickers.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Four-arrested-over-forgery-scam-30242582.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-05

• Like 1

Passport forgery is a Thai only occupation?

You obviously don't know what you are talking about!

Actually Pakistanis, Iranians and Chinese are the documented experts in passport forgery in Thailand.

Do a search on line before you make uninformed judgments!

• Like 1

As if they were about to this shit and don't forget they were helped by a thi's as its clear without them nothing is possible and we are hoping to hear the names of thai rackit as well.As bangkok is famous around the world and is known as scam city and every one is advised before to getting to bangkok about 90% scams and kinda shit done by the help of thai peoples as we use to read many news every day. NoRgEy _ DENMARK

Passport forgery is a Thai only occupation?

You obviously don't know what you are talking about!

Actually Pakistanis, Iranians and Chinese are the documented experts in passport forgery in Thailand.

Do a search on line before you make uninformed judgments!

@ Badbanker, you didn't get it...

• Like 2

As if they were about to this shit and don't forget they were helped by a thi's as its clear without them nothing is possible and we are hoping to hear the names of thai rackit as well.As bangkok is famous around the world and is known as scam city and every one is advised before to getting to bangkok about 90% scams and kinda shit done by the help of thai peoples as we use to read many news every day. NoRgEy _ DENMARK

Wow tips that's really deep....................................I think..............coffee1.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

2 Pakistani men ran Indian food ?

Could not they do Pakistani food?

It's strange that. All the Indian restaurants in UK - yet lots run by people from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka.

Maybe Indian food is better than Pakistani, Bangladeshi or Sri Lankan!!!

Wow tips that's really deep....................................I think..............coffee1.gif

Indeed. I wish people would proofread what they wrote, and correct it, PRIOR to posting. Or at least have the decency to reread what they posted and correct it.

To me, tips post is nothing but jibberish.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It's strange that. All the Indian restaurants in UK - yet lots run by people from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka.

Maybe Indian food is better than Pakistani, Bangladeshi or Sri Lankan!!!

Pretty much, although in a sense they're all quite similar.

I can't really tell the difference between Indian and Pakistani, basically north Indian and Pakistani are the same - lots of naan bread, lassi, butter chicken curry and other mild curries. There's Peshawari or Kashmiri naan with lots of fruits and nuts and cheese naan, plain naan, garlic naan etc.

Bangladeshi or Bengali - had it in Kolkata (I've also lived in Bangladesh but that was as a kid so can't remember what it was like except for anecdotes about how yellowish cooking odors would penetrate our whole house). Bengali is mostly fish curry with rice. Lassi is available too.

Sri Lankan - can be very spicy and similar to Tamil (South Indian). Mostly dosas, some pickles and other flatbreads, or curry and rice eaten on banana leafs (like in Singapore).

Indeed. I wish people would proofread what they wrote, and correct it, PRIOR to posting. Or at least have the decency to reread what they posted and correct it.

To me, tips post is nothing but jibberish.

Geez for a first post I rather thought it was quaint....rolleyes.gif

Another one joins the fold.....

• Like 1

Same same, but different. In oz the appearance of Madras Beef Curry on the menu is a strong indication of ethnicity.

Yep, call an Indian a Pakistani or vice versa and see them go off .thumbsup.gif