Overstay for 7 months, can I fly back home from Pitsanulok?

I have overstay for 7 months, planning to return home in about 2 weeks time.I am from Singapore, Is it ok for me to pay the fine at Pitsanulok airport and take a domestic flight from there to BKK and then back to Singapore?

Is there a difference at how they handle overstay cases at different airports?

Has the new overstay rule take effect yet?

Or is it advisable that I fly back from Suvarnabhumi directly back to Singapore?

Thanks

Remember if you fly anywhere on a carrier such as Air asia they are individual legs so the trip to bangkok is as a domestic passenger. I do not know about Phitsanalok but if you fly with Thai or Singapore Airlines they stamp you out at Chiang Mai. I do not think they do that with Air Asia.

ubonjoe, on 06 Sept 2014 - 09:31, said:
KhunBENQ, on 06 Sept 2014 - 09:27, said:

And expect to be forbidden to enter Thailand for one year?

Why?

The new rules have not been approved yet.

Slightly off topic and just for information:

When I applied last week with my wife for extension of stay through marriage (currently under consideration), I was presented a form by the immigration officer listing all the new overstay rules and had to sign it as part of the application submission.

So it means that I will have to fly out from bangkok to singapore directly instead of taking a domestic flight first and clear my overstay?

Can anyone confirm whether the new overstay rules are in place yet?

Thanks

Ubonjoe just told you the new rules are not in effect yet. They have not even been approved.

And yes, you pay the fine when you leave Thailand.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I have not fly domestic flights before, with my overstay status it's ok to fly domestic? Will they check my passport?
How does the whole procedure goes?
Thanks

On domestic flights (Phits to BKK) your passport is only used for identification purposes only. If you have a Thai driving licence, you can use that in place of your passport.

When you get to Bkk (at either airport) and transfer to your international flight, this is where you pay your overstay.

As Ubonjoe has explained, the proposed overstay changes have not yet been approved, regardless of some people having to sign disclaimers at some immigration offices.

So it means that I will have to fly out from bangkok to singapore directly instead of taking a domestic flight first and clear my overstay?

Thanks

Ubonjoe just told you the new rules are not in effect yet. They have not even been approved.

Ummm I believe the new rules for overstay have been approved. I copied this from this very site!

post-215031-0-85727400-1410007816_thumb.

I was under the impression that if you get caught "in-country" with an overstay, then all hell breaks loose. Immigration detention cells, the works......

Maybe not, eh?

UbonJoe is the man in the know.

But I, for one, would not risk a flight with id check when a taxi or bus to Bangkok is much less risk free.

If you fly domestic and get grabbed for your visa at DMK trying to transfer to BKK could they detain you or would they just make sure that you have company to the other immigration location.

There is no passport control on domestic flights. One does not not get "grabbed".

I believe I read in the news that the new rules went into effect on 29 August.

The only thing that went into effect on the 29th was new rules for extensions of stay.

The overstay rules have not been approved yet. I think they are being done as a ministerial regulation and that requires cabinet approval.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

userabcd, on 06 Sept 2014 - 13:23, said:
ubonjoe, on 06 Sept 2014 - 09:31, said:ubonjoe, on 06 Sept 2014 - 09:31, said:
KhunBENQ, on 06 Sept 2014 - 09:27, said:KhunBENQ, on 06 Sept 2014 - 09:27, said:

And expect to be forbidden to enter Thailand for one year?

Why?

The new rules have not been approved yet.

Slightly off topic and just for information:

When I applied last week with my wife for extension of stay through marriage (currently under consideration), I was presented a form by the immigration officer listing all the new overstay rules and had to sign it as part of the application submission.

Same here. A week ago I did my 3 months address notification. Dis not need any paper work or copies but I was shown a green sheet listing penalties for overstay and had to sign a copy, they provided, certifying that I had seen the penalties. It was in Jomtien. In and out in 3 minutes.

Edited by Jimbolai

Thanks

Ummm I believe the new rules for overstay have been approved. I copied this from this very site!

So this news post from Thai visa.com is inaccurate?

That was just an announcement of the new rules by immigration on it's website. There was a change made to that announcement stating they were awaiting approval by the interior ministry.

As said they still have not been approved yet.

That was just an announcement of the new rules by immigration on it's website. There was a change made to that announcement stating they were awaiting approval by the interior ministry.

As said they still have not been approved yet.

Well if it's posted on the web site and people are signing declarations and getting handed papers with this information on it then I would not want to be one on overstay now. Especially with the unpredictability of immigration at different border crossings and airports. You have Phuket officers collecting departure taxes and doing different than officers at the Bangkok airport. You have meetings with the ChangMai immigration staff giving different info than Bangkok staff. It just seems that nothing is consistent anywhere here. How can we believe what is posted here as news when a few days later that very statement is contradicted? As far I am a concerned it is better not to overstay and every persons experience is different. It depends on many things. When dealing with immigration be polite, dress well, apologize if you have done wrong. Research the best border crossing to use and just hope your officer is not having a bad day!

20 odd years ago, I had a friend in Koh Samui, who settled up his overstay at the Koh Samui Immigration Office. He paid ฿20,000 and they gave him one week to leave the country. So perhaps the safest thing to do is settle up at your local Immigration Office. As a side note, my friend overstayed his one week to leave the country by 3 days. He finally went to Penang, got a tourist Visa came back and then overstayed for another year.

Edited by Issangeorge