Chiangmai To Koh Samui

hong

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to go Koh Samui from Chiangmai?

Is there any good alternatives or best route to travel there?

Roughly how much is the fare and the duration of the trip?

Thanks so much! :o

Plane is fastest, I'd say a single is no more than 2500bht and not sure if you will stop off in bangkok. Either way will be about 3 hour journey max.

Train for me is more fun and I'd get a first class carraige with private compartment if going with your partner, cost from here to Surithani would be probally about 2000bht each then you got ferry costs which would be not alot. Travell time atleast 1 day 12hrs to Bangkok maybe change trains eat then leave again then a futher 12hours on train then ferry time.

Haven't done either way in along time so might be a bit different in prices, but for me train is much more fun and if you have never done it do it atleasts once.

Or you could get a train from CM to Bangkok then a flight down to Samui.

Hope that helps.

Ash

Plane is fastest, I'd say a single is no more than 2500bht and not sure if you will stop off in bangkok. Either way will be about 3 hour journey max.

Train for me is more fun and I'd get a first class carraige with private compartment if going with your partner, cost from here to Surithani would be probally about 2000bht each then you got ferry costs which would be not alot. Travell time atleast 1 day 12hrs to Bangkok maybe change trains eat then leave again then a futher 12hours on train then ferry time.

Haven't done either way in along time so might be a bit different in prices, but for me train is much more fun and if you have never done it do it atleasts once.

Or you could get a train from CM to Bangkok then a flight down to Samui.

Hope that helps.

Ash

Thanks Ashley! so I have to travel to Bangkok first and then further down by train then ferry time.

Thanks Ashley! so I have to travel to Bangkok first and then further down by train then ferry time.

Depends you could either get train down to BKK then fly to Samui or

Fly to BKK then train to Surithani then ferry to Samui.

If it was me I'd train it down to BKK then fly to Samui, reason being 1 the train is a must do if never done before and can be a "fun" trip and 2nd I'd fly BKK to samui to miss out on the ferry and cutting down the whole travel time.

So you decided what to do?

Ash :o