Red shirts in Japan ‘plot’ against coup

Lite Beer

Thats the problem with politica here, when you dont get your own way, kick up a fuss, start rallying and it escalates from there. IMHO the coup happened because no one was willing to compromise for the sake of the country. The Junta have been in power for about 4 months, they say there will be elections in just over a years time, thats not long in politics, the Reds should give them that time, that another problem here, cant wait must have it now and now is never soon enough, part of the culture, its the way Thais live and buy / get into debt etc. This circle needs to be broken or history will go on repeating itself and Thailand never remembers ( they dont teach history).

I hope that it is false alarm and the Junta can fulfill what they said they would do, change the political landscape, rules/constitution etc and in a years time we will maybe, just maybe, see a new Thailand emerging, I am optimistic, although there are plenty here who are not.

Please explain why you think the army has some kind of moral right to be able to suspend democracy for any period of time at all.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

From what I understand and its probably a Thai thing, Thas see the army as the people who ultimately take care of the people and the country.

We westerners are not used to this, we wait for elections to dump the incumbents, here things are different. I dont pretend to understand it, but, that the way it seems to be working here from the Thais I know all seem happy that the army/armed forces are running the place, its not the first time its happened here and it might not be the last unless they can make changes that are accepted as being right for the Thais and Thailand.

IMHO Thailand will not have a democratic system like we are used to, but if it works for them thats fine.

I hope that answers that for you, whether you agree or not.

It seems to you that everyone is Happy with it, because only the ones that are happy with it are allowed to express their view.

Not all are happy!!

Obviously not the ones protesting in Japan, and not the mother who was arrested distributing leaflets at the train station,protesting the court decision over her sons death.and many many more.

• Like 1

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange that, the only people who disrupted my life were the ones sitting in the road at Asoke and other places nine months ago, but I do agree Yingluck did nothing to control them, in my country the riot police would have soon moved them on with batons and riot shields and the PM would have been pontificating about law and order being maintained, witness Trafalgar Square and the Poll Tax riot

"Shins running a government elected to do so, then doing the complete opposite to what they were sworn in to do-----Amnesty Bill-----THAT IS WHAT.

The only side that was looking dangerous and threatening were the paid red army, and the Yingluck government did nothing to control them".

I think they should just give up on the whole democracy act. They don't have any intention of actually letting the peasants hold any power.

Just let the big dogs eat, and let the groundlings get on with eating and watching soaps.

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 1

For a while this forum was nice but now the red propaganda machine is turning it sour again

Ah yes, because one must be a Red to oppose fascism.

More toothless name-calling from the apologists.

Fascism or Racism? You people use any "ism" as an excuse!

You are "ism" you are "ism" Why? just because I do not agree with you i'm an "ism"

So following your line you are into communism, fatalism, corruptionism, neptoism, Mr.T. followism and a whole lot more "ism"

Btw I still have my teeth, thank you

• Like 1

It seems to you that everyone is Happy with it, because only the ones that are happy with it are allowed to express their view.

Not all are happy!!

Obviously not the ones protesting in Japan, and not the mother who was arrested distributing leaflets at the train station,protesting the court decision over her sons death.and many many more.

The court made no decision concerning her son's death. It decided that it did not have jurisdiction. That it made a decision concerning his death is another piece of misinformation to inflame the gullible and ill-informed.

The activists then moved on to the United Nations University, where a UN representative came out to receive the statement from them, the source added.

A little later the UN representative returned their letter, corrected and graded for misspellings, grammar and style.

• Like 1

Strange that, the only people who disrupted my life were the ones sitting in the road at Asoke and other places nine months ago, but I do agree Yingluck did nothing to control them, in my country the riot police would have soon moved them on with batons and riot shields and the PM would have been pontificating about law and order being maintained, witness Trafalgar Square and the Poll Tax riot

"Shins running a government elected to do so, then doing the complete opposite to what they were sworn in to do-----Amnesty Bill-----THAT IS WHAT.

The only side that was looking dangerous and threatening were the paid red army, and the Yingluck government did nothing to control them".

You are right - but you weren't one of the people exercising your democratic right to protest peacefully against what you saw as a corrupt government that was acting illegally, lying, cheating, refusing to respect the law and trying to grant amnesty to the convicted criminal that owns and controls them. Otherwise you would have been subjected to intimidation, assault, shooting, bombing and murder, whilst the police did nothing to stop or apprehend the culprits (though remarkable many have been arrested since PTP were removed, so draw your own conclusions).

Comparing UK and Thailand - nothing like the same. The UK police forces aren't perfect by a long stretch, especially the Met, but they don't openly support one side and do try to enforce the law evenly and protect innocent people.

Do you really think a PM/DM who never attended meetings she was supposed to chair, lied, rarely attended parliament, refused to answer questions even from the Ombudsman and was unable or unwilling to divulge figures and facts would be tolerated very long? A PM who "handpicked her cabinet" in 5 shuffles that followed those appointed initially and backed the ones who openly admitted to lying when it suited. A PM and cabinet who openly cavorted with a convicted criminal fugitive.

But hey, just like dear old Mugabe and all those tin pot former "people's democratic republic" dictators, they claim they were elected so can do as they wish.

• Like 2

For a while this forum was nice but now the red propaganda machine is turning it sour again

Ah yes, because one must be a Red to oppose fascism.

More toothless name-calling from the apologists.

Red are Fascist because they want to seize power :

by force and threatening.

by killing children and innocents people,

by burning city and destroy private property..

by using blindness of poor people................

by using human shield......

by using pseudo black magic.........

Reds are the devil, and Thailand need to clean it these rubbishes....

Pro-red parties have only ever seized power by elections. In the past 2 decades, every time a pro-yellow party has seized power, it has been by unelected means. And I think that a military coup is a textbook example of "seizing power by force".

In December 2007 Pro red party loose premiership because of election irregularity (vote buying is not democracy. Vote buying is not free and fair election.) Other remember, you not vote for a premier but for a deputy, if majority change in the house of representative is democracy. Not blame other for this but just cupid and corrupt red politician for this.

2008 first attempt to change country system by reds

2010 second attempt to change country system by reds

2008 and 2010 event are two example of use force by red shirt to to change the rule of law.....

2013 to 2014 red movement use violence means against opposition.

YL government do nothing to protect the high institution and citizen of Thailand. Her party use some violent element to undermine the country. YL and her government have a part of responsibility in this new coup.

If they respected the rule of law in the beginning, all of this never do.

• Like 2

Please explain why you think the army has some kind of moral right to be able to suspend democracy for any period of time at all.

Because it wasn't working? Because political violence was escalating? Because those in power were taking corruption to unprecedented levels? Because they were planning on borrowing huge sums so their corruption could continue?

This reminds me of Life of Brian - "Yeah, but what else have the Romans done for us?"

If Pheu Thai had been so bad, then it should have been a cakewalk to vote them out, right? Instead look at which side was pushing for an election, and which side was using violence to stop it, while pushing for a coup.

• Like 1

I guess these bunch of losers didn't get the memo from their boss from Dubai! Stop making trouble or they'll freeze my money! clap2.gif

I wouldn't worry too much about his money, though, since whatever is left of it in Thailand is most probably just the visible part of the iceberg.

People like him know better than to keep their wealth in the country they milk for years, and they are expert at using the numerous places in the world which welcome dirty money, uncluding some very very clean countries, if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

They, like all dictatorial regimes, are outnumbered 100/1.

Sadly, the only people sense to see the junta for what it is have left the country.

Ummm, your statistics do not "add up"... not sure how many dictatorial regimes currently exist on the earth, but there are just over 200 countries, and I am damned sure that there are more than 2.....

From the OP:

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) is monitoring a group of Thai anti-coup activists in Japan amid allegations they are planning a campaign against the junta.

Deputy army chief Gen Udomdej Sitabutr, who is also deputy defence minister, told an NCPO meeting Friday (September 5) that the activists had attempted to submit a letter denouncing the coup to Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

The letter is said to have explained their opposition to the coup and detailed alleged torture and physical assaults against people who had been detained by the military junta, Gen Udomdej said.

Off topic posts and replies have been removed.

I guess these bunch of losers didn't get the memo from their boss from Dubai! Stop making trouble or they'll freeze my money! clap2.gif

I guess that "bunch" of losers are exercising their democratic right to criticise what they regard as a self appointed "government" in a country where they are still able to demonstrate that right.

You will of course note that the Japanese government being far more in touch with reality than you are ignored them. As for self appointed government.

What other logical choice did Thailand have.

I know you consider increasing corruption and working to bring in a convicted criminal to be a dictator is logical.

But let's face it sorry to say (not reallytongue.png) you are in the minority.wai.gif

You know, I can't recall where I have ever stated a belief that "increasing corruption and working to bring in a convicted criminal to be a dictator is logical."

Would you like to apologise for lying now, or later?

The minute after you admit you were wrong in supporting the PTP. After all that was what they were all about.

Also at taking every cheap[ shot you could get at the new government.

Of course, there will be opposition, it is a military dictatorship against the party that won six straight elections. Corrupt, you bet but they win every time. The Army never know when to let go of power. They are essentially a reactionary power preserving the current wealth and power balance within society.

It will end in the army killing protestors, probably in around a couple of years, almost certainly in Central BKK, Ratchadamnoen, somewhere like that and that will act as a catalyst for the return to the barracks. It is a Thai political cycle that repeats itself over and over.

• Like 1

They, like all dictatorial regimes, are outnumbered 100/1.

Sadly, the only people sense to see the junta for what it is have left the country.

Ummm, your statistics do not "add up"... not sure how many dictatorial regimes currently exist on the earth, but there are just over 200 countries, and I am damned sure that there are more than 2.....

He really needs help with his math or common sense. Maybe both.

A source in Japan said a group of around 26 Thais yesterday (September 5) gathered outside the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs holding placards protesting against the coup and the use of martial law in Thailand.

“The National Council for Peace and Order is unlikely to lift the martial law in the near future as groups campaigning against the junta have been detected both in Thailand and abroad.” - The Nation 2014-09-05

“If anti-coup activists escalate their activities, the regional armies will have to step up measures to contain the situation,”

“… all measures to contain anti-coup groups must be in line with Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha's policy to minimise unnecessary conflict for the NCPO …”

Meanwhile the Junta plans to put forth its candidacy for membership in the United Nations Human Rights Council next year. If the Junta continues its vigorous track record for suppression of freedom of speech under martial law, no matter how noble such actions might be, leaders of other nations may not find it an enduring quality in candidates for HRC. The Junta should consider a more restrained and civil approach to countering criticisms without the support of martial law or give up the idea that it is some kind of bastion for democracy.

• Like 1

I guess that "bunch" of losers are exercising their democratic right to criticise what they regard as a self appointed "government" in a country where they are still able to demonstrate that right.

They can criticise all they want amongst themselves nobody else wants to hear it and Thailand is better off for it too

The only people disgruntled at the moment are those that that were living outside the law and it's being corrected slowly but surely, the red mafias grip on Thailand is no more and good ridence

"no-one wants to hear it" I think that the government of my home country shares a similar point of view, given that they have blocked the junta leaders from visiting.

Looking closer to home, if so many people love the coup, then why doesn't Prayuth stand for election and get international legitimacy for his leadership?

Because like all the rest of them he knows damn well what the result would be. That's why the election in February just had to be stopped. The Junta is the result of that process.

• Like 2

Thats the problem with politica here, when you dont get your own way, kick up a fuss, start rallying and it escalates from there. IMHO the coup happened because no one was willing to compromise for the sake of the country. The Junta have been in power for about 4 months, they say there will be elections in just over a years time, thats not long in politics, the Reds should give them that time, that another problem here, cant wait must have it now and now is never soon enough, part of the culture, its the way Thais live and buy / get into debt etc. This circle needs to be broken or history will go on repeating itself and Thailand never remembers ( they dont teach history).

I hope that it is false alarm and the Junta can fulfill what they said they would do, change the political landscape, rules/constitution etc and in a years time we will maybe, just maybe, see a new Thailand emerging, I am optimistic, although there are plenty here who are not.

This circle needs to be broken or history will go on repeating itself

I suppose the irony of this being the 19th coup has escaped you. But this time, right? coffee1.gif

One lives in hope as an optimist, history is not on my side, I am hoping one day it might be taught here. One coup is enough, I dont want to see another.

“The National Council for Peace and Order is unlikely to lift the martial law in the near future as groups campaigning against the junta have been detected both in Thailand and abroad.” - The Nation 2014-09-05

“If anti-coup activists escalate their activities, the regional armies will have to step up measures to contain the situation,”

“… all measures to contain anti-coup groups must be in line with Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha's policy to minimise unnecessary conflict for the NCPO …”

Meanwhile the Junta plans to put forth its candidacy for membership in the United Nations Human Rights Council next year. If the Junta continues its vigorous track record for suppression of freedom of speech under martial law, no matter how noble such actions might be, leaders of other nations may not find it an enduring quality in candidates for HRC. The Junta should consider a more restrained and civil approach to countering criticisms without the support of martial law or give up the idea that it is some kind of bastion for democracy.

Name me one country that has freedom of speech. They all have a limit on what is allowed to be printed. Some more than others. You might have missed it but you had the freedom to print your condemnation of them.

I rest my case.

The question was name me one country that has freedom of speech. Not comparisons between them. thought I would mention that before you tried to avoid the question.

Because like all the rest of them he knows damn well what the result would be. That's why the election in February just had to be stopped. The Junta is the result of that process.

Strange, I remember that those northern electorates which gave a result without interference didn't look at all good for PTP. Low turnout, high invalid vote count. Best forgotten, eh?

• Like 1

fab4.... hold it right there... people of Thailand do not have any democratic rights at this period of time... they sold those rights for 500 bahts along with their votes for the Shinewatras... By voting in the most corrupt government hopefully Thailand will ever have. The military took over bloodlessly to end the crisis brought on by that same corrupt government which almost ripped this country apart. And thank God this military took over to stop what would have been civil war and many deaths... or should I say many more deaths as the Red Shirts had already started notching up their score.. Viva el General... and a pox on Red Shirt appologists... Shame on you...! wai2.gif

"people of Thailand do not have any democratic rights at this period of time"

Well, that was kind of my point.

The only people disgruntled at the moment are those that that were living outside the law and it's being corrected slowly but surely, the red mafias grip on Thailand is no more and good ridence

You clearly are not aware of the views of many in the Democrat Party leadership which is very far from being happy with the current situation.But I suppose in the crazed world of some foreigners people like Abhisit and Korn are in the pay of Thaksin.