Obama delays immigration reform plan

Lite Beer

Obama delays immigration reform plan

US President Barack Obama has abandoned a plan to force through immigration reform in the coming weeks.

In June, he promised to use executive orders that were expected to change visa rules, boost border security and give a path to citizenship for some 11 million US-based illegal immigrants.

But the White House says the plans have been shelved until after mid-term elections in November.

Each year tens of thousands try to get into the US from Mexico.

Many are unaccompanied children, and Mr Obama has called the situation a "humanitarian crisis".

Read More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29095363

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-09-07

Elections in November. President with fairly poor approval ratings which may negatively affect other Democratic candidates. President is a lame duck. The immigration issue is extremely divisive. Seems like best bet is to leave it all alone until after the elections.

Many of us are hoping Hillary gathers up all her baggage and runs for the office.

Prime time fun in the debates.wai2.gif

Edit in: I just want to add the best argument against impeachment is that Joe Biden would then assume the vacated Oval Office.

Edited by chuckd

No doubt, the most leftist, lame president the US ever had, he will go down in history as

no backbones, most appeasing and weakling of a person in US presidency, and will cast

a dim shadow on the next African American person who will want to be a president on day....

I agree with almost everything you said, but do not think most Americans will blame the next African American person who wants to be a president, unless he is another far left liberal. I would vote for Dr Ben Carson in a second, if he only had some real political experience. I would love to see Condoleezza Rice run.

• Like 2

most of us here are legal in the country for years, doh we never can hope to get any citizenship which would make our lives more complete

not in this part of the world where we as a start don't get pension or social security, even you would have lived & worked here for 40 years

No doubt, the most leftist, lame president the US ever had, he will go down in history as

no backbones, most appeasing and weakling of a person in US presidency, and will cast

a dim shadow on the next African American person who will want to be a president on day....

After Walker Bush, hard to look bad!

Not too many people seem to remember that several years ago, a decade or more, illegal immigrants from Mexico were given citizenship in the US. There were literally millions of them. All that did was to encourage mass illegal immigration since then. Now we are faced with the same "crisis" as before... and our answer is to give them citizenship. Sure... and the masses of people applying for legal immigration find all kinds of blocks applied to their goal of becoming an American. Hell, just applying for a visa to visit is nearly an insurmountable task. My "adopted" daughter, even though she is a property owner, has family, and is employed as a supervisor for a municipality, has been unable to get a visitor visa... and she has to put up a bond of 500,000 TB. America, Land of the Free - is no more. And the Statue of Liberty proclaiming "Give me your poor, your huddled masses..." is now "stay the hell out".

The only path needed is deport all the illegals right now and stop calling them undocumented, they are illegal pure and simple and broke the law. And while they are at it stop that silly law that allows a child born in the US to obtain citizenship regardless of the parent citizenship. Almost no country does that except the USA. In most countries in the world work permits are used for nationals from other countries and it has nothing to do with citizenship. It should be the same way in the USA

Yeah, look at what they do here if you overstay your Visa. The U.S. needs to take immigration lessons from the Thai government.