Phuket: Bruno goes home after ten years at Soi Dog

Lite Beer

I'm very glad for Bruno. This is a happy ending human interest story, Well done.

Does Bruno have the correct visas, and passport foe the UK? The previous is not a sarcastic comment, some friends of mine in Denmark recently paid in excess of 20k THB for passport and vaccination "visa" for their pooch to travel to Sweden!

Does Bruno have the correct visas, and passport foe the UK? The previous is not a sarcastic comment, some friends of mine in Denmark recently paid in excess of 20k THB for passport and vaccination "visa" for their pooch to travel to Sweden!

I'm sure the people running Soi Dog know what they're doing and have much experience with getting the right paperwork for a particular destination. from the OP:

Though Bruno was adopted five month ago, it has taken time for the paperwork and flight arrangements to take place. Despite this, Sawkins remains excited for the arrival of her new dog especially since he will have many new friends.

Good for Bruno! Best wishes to him and his new friends in England.

I have taken my Thai dog with me to the US and back again. The US at least has no quarantine as long as dogs have their vaccinations. Thailand requires an export permit that can't be completed more than 10 days before the flight and has to be approved by the Livestock Ministry, 1,000 Baht. The US only requires a copy of vaccine records to bring her into the country. To import my dog back to Thailand, I needed to get a certified heath document approved by the USDA, $38 US. Again a Thai requirement, not US. Then pay for another certificate when arriving at BKK to inspect my paperwork and enter it into the system, 100 Baht, then pay customs an "import duty" for my Thai dog to come back to Thailand, another 1,000 Baht. Amazing Thailand! They really don't make anything easy here. No such thing as a dog passport between the US and Thailand, so I'm now repeating the process to take my dog back to the US again… Good thing I seem to have majored in bureaucracy at my university. At least it's much easier than my wife's visa to the US! LOL!

I don't wish to piss on this parade, but the fact is, if this dog has been housed/cared for, for TEN years already, he probably regards the shelter, in which he has thrived all this time, as his home, and if the UK money making draconian quarantine laws still require a pet stay in yet another shelter for six whole months, he'd've been better off staying put. He's a DOG. NOT a Somalian bloody/Congolese/Polish economic refugee w00t.gif

• Like 1

I don't wish to piss on this parade, but the fact is, if this dog has been housed/cared for, for TEN years already, he probably regards the shelter, in which he has thrived all this time, as his home, and if the UK money making draconian quarantine laws still require a pet stay in yet another shelter for six whole months, he'd've been better off staying put. He's a DOG. NOT a Somalian bloody/Congolese/Polish economic refugee w00t.gif

If that is the quarantine law in the UK, then I would have to agree with you. Are they no strays in the UK that need adopting? I had just read a story about an Aussie woman who found a dog here at a shelter she was volunteering (most likely with a work permit) and raised funds on FaceBook to take her dog to the US to avoid the six month quarantine to Australia. About $7000 US. I pay my dog's permits and airfare. I don't just leave her, as some people around here seem to do.

• Like 2