Thailand to take serious action against teen pregnancy

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The young mothers will have to leave school and hurt their opportunities for their future careers and the newborn babies may suffer from improper upbringing and improper development.

What the article doesn't mention is that the Thai knob who impregnates the unlucky Thai girl often skips out on any responsibility. So while the mother is ruining her chances at a career, Somchai is off the radar, probably drinking lao kow with his buddies. Do this country a favor while you're making regulations on teen pregnancy: round up all the dead-beat dads and deport them.

For sure, the knob is the problem.

• Like 1

I think its not fair to blame young thai males....most of the thai girls and even women here whenever they come across cute thai males, they would do whatever they can to entrap these poor guys even with sex. If the girls themselves do not value chasity, why blame the guys. Thai girls and woman these days are behave worst than one can even imagine these days. Its time for their mothers (decent ones) to teach their daughters proper moralty codes.

The thai media also plays a big role in these problems.....just look at some of the thai lakorn....trying to emulate promiscuity of the western trash movies and culture.

I think its not fair to blame young thai males....most of the thai girls and even women here whenever they come across cute thai males, they would do whatever they can to entrap these poor guys even with sex. If the girls themselves do not value chasity, why blame the guys. Thai girls and woman these days are behave worst than one can even imagine these days. Its time for their mothers (decent ones) to teach their daughters proper moralty codes.

The thai media also plays a big role in these problems.....just look at some of the thai lakorn....trying to emulate promiscuity of the western trash movies and culture.

Are you really a male chauvinist pig, bit of a Thai macho coward too? Just to confirm the first impression... You upset me voluntarily ignoring that, it is, turn it as you want, still the moron of a guy doing it to the girl, ...and mostly running away not to take responsibility, why would he show any sense of honour anyway, as long as the Thai Law does not force him, and his family when he'd be underaged, to, at least financially, take care of child AND mother, that would change a whole lot, but...

Are you really a male chauvinist pig, bit of a Thai macho coward too? Just to confirm the first impression... You upset me voluntarily ignoring that, it is, turn it as you want, still the moron of a guy doing it to the girl, ...and mostly running away not to take responsibility, why would he show any sense of honour anyway, as long as the Thai Law does not force him, and his family when he'd be underaged, to, at least financially, take care of child AND mother, that would change a whole lot, but...

P.S.: seems there quite good with ADN tests in the LoS, shouldn't be that hard to determine the paternity. Even when the young lad comes from an 'influencial family', OK BiBs?

Morning after pills are sold in every pharmacy for 40bht.

Don't judge Thai males using western foolishness,

Her body, her choice.

I dunno, Thai women used to get information about birth control. Certainly my first wife, an illiterate girl from Buri Ram knew about it. I suppose she taught her daughter. My second wife was a middle-class girl whose father was a government official, and had a master's degree. She knew about birth control. Both grew up under military dictatorships. Maybe the current junta will be willing to institute sex education in the schools and see to it that birth control information is available. I've been living in town for so long I don't know if the rural medical stations are still functioning. They used to provide good low-cost medical services including family planning counseling. I've seen advertisements on buses about birth control medicine, so it's not completely taboo. From overhearing conversations between young girls (my grandchildren or nieces, if you must know) I know that they know about sex and are enthusiastic about the prospect, but I don't know if anyone teaches them about birth control now. Boys really, really need to be taught about condoms and warned to always use one.

Oh, not to mention, if dad stuck around, none of the girls would have to sleep with foreigners for money.

It's thanks to the Thai guys, you old fat baldies have young gfs and wives.

Don't hate Thai guys for impregnating all the young Thai girls then running off, thank them!

You seem to wear your "sex-pat" badge with pride. Aren't you late for happy hour? (glug glug)

Hold on, hold, wait a minute !

According to statistics, Thailand's birthrate is (unbelievably) LOWER than places like Britain and France.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2054rank.html?countryname=Thailand&countrycode=th&regionCode=eas&rank=175#th

Now then, if they create a new Thailand where teenage girls will be giving birth in far smaller numbers, well, this will reduce Thailand's births and birthrate. Thailand's birthrate has already been falling for decades. If you strip away the births being done by Thailand's teenage girls, well, we might see Thailand going into the dreaded 'negative population growth' phase.

Negative population growth, this is when a country has more deaths than births, and basically, the population is getting smaller every year. Basically, you end up having nobody in the country in a few thousand years time. This is what's happening in Japan. Surely, the last thing Thailand wants is Thai people being slowly driven to extinction ??

And if you reckon I'm talking nonsense, look up the link, it's in the statistics !
:)

One of the best ways to address teen pregnancy is to deal with the fallacy that children are the most wonderful thing in the universe. Thais are absolutely hypnotized by children, the concept of having a child, the wonders that children bring into the world, etc, etc. Most girls grow up dreaming about the day they get pregnant. Also, since the grandparents are so willing to martyr themselves, by looking after their grandchild, while their daughter goes out to seek her fortune, there is no reason for a poor girl to not have a child. Education, wisdom, the concept that you simply do not bring children into the world without pondering how you are going to support them, and perhaps the use of contraception. Oh, and did I mention having a reliable father around? What a concept. Yes, I know you do not like condoms my silly 14 year old friend, but without one you are not getting any of this honey. I do not need a child. I am a smart girl, with a good head on her shoulders, and do not need a baby at 15.

Teens will never stop having sex. The more you ban it, the more mysterious and enticing it becomes. It's a sport and badge of honor. So, instead of using all the old never working formulas, try to show the teens they can have sex without getting pregnant and have just as much fun doing that. Triple dare ya...

I think they should make pre-marital sex illegal and punish teen moms with prison. Schools should also teach more religion. American and european movies should be banned. These easy steps would solve the problem and bring back happiness.

I suggest that you change your medicine as it is really not working.

The young mothers will have to leave school and hurt their opportunities for their future careers and the newborn babies may suffer from improper upbringing and improper development.

What the article doesn't mention is that the Thai knob who impregnates the unlucky Thai girl often skips out on any responsibility. So while the mother is ruining her chances at a career, Somchai is off the radar, probably drinking lao kow with his buddies. Do this country a favor while you're making regulations on teen pregnancy: round up all the dead-beat dads and deport them.

I've been seeing more mom's leaving the child behind lately.

It seems the Grand Mother's child raising never ends!

Castration !, the only sure way to stop teenage pregnancies.

regards worgeordie

This is a too intrusive method

Two years ago there was in the US media a better proposal

Foster Friess, a prominent backer of Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, raised eyebrows Thursday when he offered up his own idea for a possible contraceptive method: "This contraceptive thing, my gosh, it's so... inexpensive. Back in my days, they used Bayer aspirin for contraceptives."

Friess's implication is that if women hold aspirin between their legs, they won't open them.

"The gals put it between their knees, and it wasn't that costly," he told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell.

UNQUOTE

the good general should make it an obligation that children get sex education .... but let them see a live birth up and close ... maybe they will think twice ?

and indeed, making the "dad" accountable and let him pay (or his parents) child support, would be a first step

what you are talking about? what kind of career the women have in thailand? uneducated, unprepared when they are 18, even with university degree they get paid only 9000 baht a month in 95% of Thailand. Nearly no working woman make more money than a bar girl!

To change this is easy, educated the young kids, but this is not what the ruling party wants in Thailand, everything but not people who can thiunk and can make their own decisions

I've had two left with me, and I'm not even a woman.

I've had two left with me, and I'm not even a woman.

You're in the right place to become a woman. whistling.gif

• Like 1