Cheap hotel near Terminal 21? Lots of English TV and fast wifi

bkk1timer

You're saying to yourself "who comes to Bangkok just to watch TV and surf the internet?" Guys who have surgery, that's who. :)

So yes, does anyone have suggestions for hotels near Terminal 21 for about 1000 tbh? I know these hotels are often lacking in the English TV/wifi department, but in the past I didn't care, as I didn't spend much time in my room, and when I did I wasn't watching much TV. So over the years I've learned hotels that suited those specific needs well.

But now I'll be laid up for a week post-surgery, and looking to keep myself occupied. Netflix should help.

I know it may seem like laziness on my part for not using Agoda or similar, but it's tough to find mention of the quality of TV/wifi in reviews.

Why close to Terminal 21? The food court and the movie theater. Although most cheap (street) food in Bangkok is fine, it does occasionally give me food poisoning. I figure that's not so good after surgery. And Terminal 21 food court has never steered me wrong. It seems fully safe to me.

Thanks for your help.

I have had great luck with good usable results using google maps ... with a search line stated something like ... hotels near Terminal 21 Bangkok Thailand. The word 'near' seems to be an operative word in google maps... Also you will get many hits... with orange icons indicating the hotels... hover over one of these with your mouse or click on it ... on the left you should see info about the hotel many times showing the regular asking daily rental price.

Check out City lodge Soi19, B1300 great location, recently refurbed

This place would be the closest to T21 for sure, compared to other recommendations. Practically next door to T21. Given it's location, it's decent price and a place to stay (have stayed here two times before).

I know a Thai girl from Switzerland who always stay at Honey Inn but it's a bit farther up the soi.

Not sure if they are still this price but at one time you could get a ground floor room off the parking lot at the Honey for B900. Not sure if they have wifi. Here's their number, give them a call:

02 2530646/9

Edited by Spaniel

I was looking for a friend end of the month & I saw Fusion Suites for $105/3 nites (all in) somewhere (try Hotelscombined maybe). Don't know about wifi and tv, but the rooms are excellent. You might wanna check Travelocity. They've got $30/100 MOBILE30 & $40/150 MOBILE40 codes that aren't supposed to be reusable - but in fact are.

does it have to be T 21 food court and movies ?

Not necessarily, but that is what I'd be most familiar with.

The Central Plaza on Rama 9 doesn't really have a cheap food court, that I know of.

I would be surprised if somewhere in all the shopping around Siam there isn't a similar food court, but I don't know. But also hotels in this area are usually more expensive, in my experience.

Kingston Suites on Soi 15, about 150 m N of Suk.

I stayed here before and wasn't a fan. The mattress was so old that the springs were compressed and weak on the primary side. When you sat up (as 1000 people had done before me), the mattress squished down almost completely. Luckily you could tell that mostly single occupants had slept here, so sliding over to the far side made it better.

Also, I remember the wifi being quite bad, but didn't care much at the time.

I did like the old timey decor of the rooms. Just bring in new mattresses, upgrade the wifi, and you've got yourself a nice hotel.

Kingston Suites on Soi 15, about 150 m N of Suk.

I stayed here before and wasn't a fan. The mattress was so old that the springs were compressed and weak on the primary side. When you sat up (as 1000 people had done before me), the mattress squished down almost completely. Luckily you could tell that mostly single occupants had slept here, so sliding over to the far side made it better.

Also, I remember the wifi being quite bad, but didn't care much at the time.

I did like the old timey decor of the rooms. Just bring in new mattresses, upgrade the wifi, and you've got yourself a nice hotel.

Thanks for the review. I was thinking of taking this place for a month. It gets really good reviews on TA. Bad bed & wifi are a big deal.