My Lao wife of 6 years has decided to go gold digging

surprise surprise

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, and well done for taking the decisive action as you have done.

It will hurt for a while and you come across as both realistic and balanced - dare I say somewhat unlike some of the responses you received - but you are probably getting out at the best time. If I read your thread properly, you are only 40... you are a catch in anyone's terms (I mean for a lady, I don't bat left-handed!) and just take the time to get your balance back.

I had the same experience with a serial type myself two years ago, even got to meet two of her other husbands here in Thailand (the Internet is a wonderful thing). As long as you are straight and honest there are a million great people out there, go find yourself one*.

There are enough stories in Thailand, and one would imagine the same may apply in neighbouring countries, where reluctant falangs who don't realise they have been cooked try and hang on and end up visiting the local crocodile farm with a one-way ticket.

Best of luck and hope it works out for you - Me

* Yes, they do exist and yes, I did find one but I had to look hard!

• Like 1

Really, it is up to you to decide what is right for you in respect with your relationship.... so don't listen to the peanut gallery. Unfaithfulness can only be judged in the context of what is the common agreement about the rules of your relationship. I assume that you have a problem with it because of the posting.... but that is what you will have to decide. I have to respect the fact that she is being honest with you (not sure if she sees you the same way and is just trading up). For each their own.

Was posting for the original post and did not read the update.

400K is nothing for a breakup of a marriage, it is probably cheaper than the legal fees in the west :o

Look forward, not back and you will do well. I would not be surprised if you had a call from your (ex-)wife before the year is out. She was looking for more status, but likely will suffer because of it.

• Like 1

Well done, Mr Surprise. And nice touch with the doors and windows. clap2.gif

You wrote:

looking back at how I've been treated this past year, with demands for more money and a general lack of love/support on both parts the thing is now over

Hind sight is 20/20, isn't it? I've had the same clarity of vision after finally shedding a couple of GFs and wondered what the heck I was thinking. When I finally "disappeared" from one (changed countries) and SMSed another (from another country), it was with a great sense of relief. It was then that I realized how little I was getting out of the relationship and how much stress that was causing. I am now inclined to quit any relationship at the first sign that this is not going to get any better. Vet and forget. But I really don't want anything new any more, at least not in Thailand. Enough said. As for Laos, I have no experience.

• Like 1