Ready to Throw in the Towel, Have kids here in Chiang Mai

MisterJimmy

having been through the mill before, I now stay prepared to try to understand what is really being said when one is being the focus of criticism. Being open to criticism is I feel a trait worth developing, listening to what is being said, and not jumping down the speakers throat as a soon as possible, instaed taking a step back to really understand the words...

The link following is the closest I can find to explain me smile.png

http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries/26-08-2014/128364-art_of_deep_listening-0/

of course there is always the language barrier, when someone's speak can still remain open to misconception - But I can now sit through the stongest criticism without flinching, and smiling all the time...

From your post, I assume that your wife is Thai and the kids were born in Thailand and therefore have dual nationality Thai and US?

From your post, I assume that you want the divorce ("lost that loving feeling") and there is no chance you want your wife to come with you to the US?

Then... forget custody, if your wife does not agree. Why in the world should a Thai court give you custody to you and not to your wife? You say yourself that she is a "well educated, decent lady" and therefore, the court would see no reason why she should loose the custody right for the kids.

Not even worth thinking of a lawyer... and definitely not a US lawyer as you are in Thailand for your custody fight...

Talk with your wife. Don't throw your marriage away. If you could convince your wife to move with you to the US for the sake of the children, once you established yourself back home and have a good job and your economic situation is better, then this might also help your family life and there are chances to engage with a mediator to help you solve the problems in your relationship. Put the kids and what is best for them into the middle of your thoughts. And splitting kids from the mother is never a good idea, specially if there are thousands of miles inbetween them afterwards.

Never say never!

• Like 1

Just wondering if Jimmy wants out because he wants to get back in the dating scene. Being married in Thailand will do that to a guy. But you do understand that the dating scene in the US will be completely different to Thailand, especially at your age. The young honeys will not be the least interested in you. You may end up missing your wife more than you realize.