Beware this new tool used by car thieves

jko

If you live in Bangkok (or anywhere in Thailand) this is how your car might get stolen (or all your valuables in it)

If it works as easily as shown in the video it's a bit scary.

"This tool seems to be a tubular lock pick, and apparently its use is gaining popularity (and notoriety) among car thieves in Bangkok. Friendly reminder not to leave your valuables in your vehicle"

Video link here

[From Digg.com]

Curious concern but will it actually start the car? Many keys these days have a micro chip embedded with the code, though maybe not so many models in a place like Thailand, I know my SEAT did and it was many years old. Still obviously a threat to items inside the car.

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 2

That is great - just need one key for all the cars , plus the front door plus the office . It could replace about 20 keys that i carry around at certain times. .biggrin.png Are they available in any of the hardware stores in BKK ?

And what are these keys known as here locally? Are they sold here? I have a friend who has a locksmith company and this type of key would be ideal for him in the event of lockouts of either house or car. He currently has to drill the lock if he can't open it in other ways and this would be ideal.