Is it hot, or is it me?

jaideeguy

Has this been a longer, hotter summer than summers in the past?? It feels so to me and my thermometer that is still climbing into the 90's.

In Septembers past, the temps started dropping, especially in the evenings, where you could be guaranteed a cool night's sleep. Now, it only drops down to 80 in the early mornings and then climbs back to 90+ in the day. Is it just me feeling hot and muggier than in recent years??

Pardon my fahrenheit....................

• Like 2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been in the mid-30s all week. Yes, it seems hotter as we've had a few weeks of cooling rain.

The rain is now evaporating (or on its way to BKK) and the humidity is up.

I think I'll leave the air con alone until it's that hot at night!

Odd for someone such as myself who is always hot, for the couple of months or so I've been either waking up in the middle of the night a bit chilly and turning the ceiling fan off or not bothering with turning it on at all. Very odd for this time of the year. Ceiling or stand fans blasting away at me pretty much all day, every day, but nights are cool.

This is our first rainy season on the river, I'm wondering if the breeze is coming off the water which would be cooled off by the time it reaches me - the breeze comes directly into the bedroom from the direction of the river. Is this possible, or am I imagining it?

Certainly a lot more pleasant sleeping in the cool, we can't use air con because my husband has sinus problems.

It is us. I apologize for persuading the Phayanaak (Nagas) to manifest ten days of cloud-cover and showers/sprinkles while I moved the meat-package to a new abode.

But, at least the air is cleaner now ... depending on where you are in CM, and what time it is.

cheers, ~o:37;

I have noticed the big cumulus clouds boiling up just about every afternoon, and hoping they would bring a nice shower,

At immigration yesterday around 1:30PM, lovely clouds and blue sky.

15019970467_3b5a283561_z.jpg

I agree that it is hotter than normal. When I was walking from the Airport to immigration the sun was beating down and was drenched by the time I arrived.

Average temperatures, Sept.

daily_high_and_low_temperature_in_septem

Lovely jumbo sized moon the other night peeking through the aforementioned clouds over CM. Was walking along a quiet peaceful, no dog soi, enjoying my moment of solitude and experience. Nice to be alive and here.

Yeah, does seem hot but my first September here. No complaints.

• Like 1

It is hot, but there is always a period of time after it stops raining and cool season has not started yet that is uncomfortable. Maybe this is it?

Agree with UG there is normally a period just after the monsoon and before the cool season when it gets hotter but this year it seems to have happened a little early. I know there has been some pretty bad weather this year in Chiang Rai Province but this has been the least wet rainy season that I have encountered in Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

What Chiang Mai needs to do is build a glass-enclosed, air-conditioned pedestrian city (such as Dubai's 48-million sq.ft Mall of the World now under construction) that would include shops, hotels, serviced apartments, artificial beach with waves, walkways, waterfalls, parks, bicycle track, aquarium, cultural and theatre district. Imagine....Chiang Mai without the oppressive 9-month heat, ...smog-free, car-free and dog-free too! Let's start thinking big!

I have noticed the big cumulus clouds boiling up just about every afternoon, and hoping they would bring a nice shower,

At immigration yesterday around 1:30PM, lovely clouds and blue sky.

15019970467_3b5a283561_z.jpg

I agree that it is hotter than normal. When I was walking from the Airport to immigration the sun was beating down and was drenched by the time I arrived.

Average temperatures, Sept.

daily_high_and_low_temperature_in_septem

Are you bucking for Dave ll position in charge of photos.tongue.png Great picture.

Are you bucking for Dave ll position in charge of photos.tongue.png Great picture.

No chance of that, Dave will always be the master. smile.png

Just stepped out on the balcony and a lot of rolling thunder and dark clouds in the Northeast and seems to be moving this way.