Take kids for a walk not to strenuous

2008bangkok

Don't take children to Pattaya! It's the most pedestrian and family unfriendly city in the country and could easily compete worldwide for that unwanted recognition. It's full of sleaze and crime. The air quality is awful from its streets that are severely overcrowded by cars. And it just a tourist trap rip off in general.

Take them outside the city. Go to Nong Nooch gardens and spend the day walking around there to see amazing botanical life. Take them to Wat Yan which is free and is a great place to walk around.Find some of the numerous safe and healthy places outside Pattaya.

Edited by waynethor
  • Like 2

Don't take children to Pattaya! It's the most pedestrian and family unfriendly city in the country and could easily compete worldwide for that unwanted recognition. It's full of sleaze and crime. The air quality is awful from its streets that are severely overcrowded by cars. And it just a tourist trap rip off in general.

Take them outside the city. Go to Nong Nooch gardens and spend the day walking around there to see amazing botanical life. Take them to Wat Yan which is free and is a great place to walk around. Use your imagination and find some of the numerous safe and healthy places outside Pattaya.

This is exactly why iv posted to find the numerous sage and healthy places, the for I live just outside pattaya and just have a moped I'm looking for something local I don't mean walking street or beach road

The sheep farm is funny for the kids.

Khao kheow open zoo is okay too, last time we rented a golf cart and drove around for 2 hours.

Yes Nong Nouch garden is nice too.

Rayong aquarium is 50 baht for everybody to enter, kids under a certain age is free.

My son love to looks at the crocodiles at the mill year stone park.

If you don't fancy paying to walk, then pop up to Mabprachan Reservoir.

http://goo.gl/2Ju7L0

Where the marker is on the map above you can turn in there and park either on the left by where there is no a motor cross mini mark (which annoys the crap out of me) or a bit further down. It's a lovely walk there where you can walk along the reservoir damn (all flat) road and then on the return walk below the damn on the dry side along a woodland path. Total 2-3km all in but you can go as far as you like with lots of walk ways down from the damn road to the lower path and the woodland.

Take some nibbly chicken bits for the soi dogs there - they are all very friendly. A lovely relaxing walk with shade in the woods if it is too hot.

I don't advise nong nouch - funding and supporting a typical thai animal cruelty center not my idea of a good day out.

There's a small park, with some kid's rides / swings / climbing frames, etc. at the back of the Naklua market. If the carpark, adjacent to the main road, is full there is further parking at the back of the market.

Have seen people using the grassy areas as picnic locations. Very tidy and clean.

Also has a nice outlook onto the sea.

I sometimes take the grandkids there whilst the wife spends a small fortune at the fish market!!

There's also the "fitness park" on the left just before the road which goes up to the Big Buddha. Some nice trails there which also take you to the viewing point overlooking Bali Hai directly underneath the 'Pattaya' Hollywood style sign.

Soi Chaiyaphruek 2, in front of the sports stadium, (where incidentally today and tomorrow there is a drifting meet), there is a public park with a playground.

• Like 1

If you don't fancy paying to walk, then pop up to Mabprachan Reservoir.

http://goo.gl/2Ju7L0

Where the marker is on the map above you can turn in there and park either on the left by where there is no a motor cross mini mark (which annoys the crap out of me) or a bit further down. It's a lovely walk there where you can walk along the reservoir damn (all flat) road and then on the return walk below the damn on the dry side along a woodland path. Total 2-3km all in but you can go as far as you like with lots of walk ways down from the damn road to the lower path and the woodland.

Take some nibbly chicken bits for the soi dogs there - they are all very friendly. A lovely relaxing walk with shade in the woods if it is too hot.

I don't advise nong nouch - funding and supporting a typical thai animal cruelty center not my idea of a good day out.

Boldface.

Thanks. That's the walk I recommended to him but with less detail. Just done it, 45 mins at a brisk pace but very peaceful.

Another nice walk is behind Cholchan resort ,go down Sukhumvit towards Banglamung on the left hand side (oppositethe mercedes garage ) you will see Cholchan hotel ,just by the outlet mall ,park by cholchan and you will find a really nice path all along the beach ,very peacfull and well worth a look lots of seats for a rest.

Thanks everyone for the tips had a great weekend with the kids and didn't cost me a penny in entrance fees unfortunately the money saved went on toys and ice cream smile.png

Please share.

Where did you go. What did you do. What was good. What was not.

Thanks.

Well in no particular order, i went to the lake, started off where the cut off road is and went round to the other side where they have a nice picnic area and some swings for the kids, i also went for a walk up and down the beach but that was a bit rough, looks very shamful especially at the top end by soi 1ish spo dont recommend that, i went to the sheep farm which was very enjoyable feeding the animals although having the birds on my head was not that pleasant also went to the park down in Naglua which is great for the kids and as a poster said nice to look out on the beach and then to top it off i went to the budda place and view point so all in all a good weekend.... will be branching out a bit further next weekend!

• Like 1