3rd years of ED visa. Now what are the legal solutions to stay there?

Hello

I am in my 3rd year of education visa.

It's getting more and more complicate to :

- get the visa outside Thailand

- extend each 90 days

Seems they don't want to give too many ED visa, especially after 2 or 3 years.

What are the other legal solutions to stay here (and hopefully not to go abroad every 90 days...)?

Thanks

The only "solution" that works for everyone is to do repeated tourist visa.

Otherwise one must be working, or married, over 50, etc.

Another possibility not often mentioned is volunteering for an organization that is able to support a work permit and extension of stay.

Edited by paz

Another possibility not often mentioned is volunteering for an organization that is able to support a work permit and extension of stay.

Hi

Thanks for your answer (and for the others too)

Re repeated tourist visas : I guess after 2 or 3 (2+1 month) visa, they will refuse, which seems logic. Am I wrong?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi

Thanks for your answer (and for the others too)

Re repeated tourist visas : I guess after 2 or 3 (2+1 month) visa, they will refuse, which seems logic. Am I wrong?

Thanks.

They may, but it's not even said. When they do, what people does is to rotate consulates and get new passports. Some people has been doing this for many, many years with double entry tourist visa.

Some schools offer programs that are approved by the MOE for 5 years and you can get ED visas to cover the length of the course but you do have to get a new visa every year from outside of Thailand. Another option is to change your course of study and study something that is MOE approved other than Thai. Some schools offer these 5 year programs also. PM me and I will send you a link to one that I have used in the past.

If you are truly a student and attending the required classes it's not a problem getting a visa beyond the initial 3 year approved Thai course.

• Like 1

Another solution is to study something that will give you a degree that will enable you to get a work permit.

You can get a master's degree in education from an English program in Thailand.

The cost is about half the price of Thai Elite visa but leads to long term legal employment.

They offer student visa but can also get work permit if enrolled and paid in recognized education degree program.

Most other options are temporary until age 50.

When I retire I hope to volunteer for an organization that offers work permits for legal volunteering (but I will have retirement visa with adequate finances already)

• Like 1

When I retire I hope to volunteer for an organization that offers work permits for legal volunteering (but I will have retirement visa with adequate finances already)

I doubt you will get a work permit with a retirement visa as you are not allowed to work on a retirement visa, whether paid work or not.

I doubt you will get a work permit with a retirement visa as you are not allowed to work on a retirement visa, whether paid work or not.

There is no law, rule or regulation that says you cannot work with a visa or extension of stay based upon retirement.

There have been some people that have been able to get a work permit with one and work. The problem is getting the work permit because of local policies at certain work permit offices.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Another solution is to study something that will give you a degree that will enable you to get a work permit.

The cost is about half the price of Thai Elite visa but leads to long term legal employment.

They offer student visa but can also get work permit if enrolled and paid in recognized education degree program.

Yeah that's fine if you want to be a teacher earning a mickey mouse salary in a 3rd world country 3 years from now.

Best solution is triple entry tourist visa. That's good for 9 months if you extend each entry.

When that's up, get another triple and by the time that's expired, all this bullshit with immigration will be consigned to the annals of history along with any reforms the junta manages to push through.

Yes you'll have to leave every 90 days but at least you won't have to waste years of your life studying for a qualification you don't want to get a career you may very well not have the slightest interest in.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's fine if you want to be a teacher earning a mickey mouse salary in a 3rd world country 3 years from now.

Best solution is triple entry tourist visa. That's good for 9 months if you extend each entry.

When that's up, get another triple and by the time that's expired, all this bullshit with immigration will be consigned to the annals of history along with any reforms the junta manages to push through.

Yes you'll have to leave every 90 days but at least you won't have to waste years of your life studying for a qualification you don't want to get a career you may very well not have the slightest interest in.

Don't forget all the skills you gain taking advantage of a developing country and loopholes in the visa system.

Thailand doesn't just want our money or they would allow foreigners to own beachfront property and businesses.

True tourism brings benefits to Thai people.

Scammers mostly benefit only themselves.

American was founded on welcoming the poor and desolate. Immigrants are claiming we should still be doing that and look what is happening.