Looking for a cobweb mop

Konini

We went to Malaysia for a week and the spiders moved in. Cobwebs everywhere. Whilst this time I've used the vacuum cleaner and a clean floor dusting mop, it just isn't the same - the one I had in Australia, as in the picture is just rolled around the joint between ceiling and wall and gets right into the corners with no effort. I've been to Makro, Tesco, Central and trailed all around Warrarot this morning looking, but haven't been able to find one. I suppose I could improvise with a big toilet brush and a long handle, but would rather have the real thing. I'm sure I've seen them here before. Anyone come across one in Chiang Mai?

post-71952-0-89136200-1410592770_thumb.j

I think a good Shop Vac is the best way.......otherwise, they tend to smear. The Thai housekeepers are great with floors, but often terrible about anything higher than their two meter reach. I've seen some otherwise sparkling clean hotel rooms, but a closer look showed about a Kg of dust on top of the wardrobe closet.

Nope - sorry to say. Can't get them here. I searched high and low a few years ago. That's why I brought one with me on my last trip to Aus.

Broom sellers here sell brightly coloured plastic brooms with a telescopic type handle that can reach high ceilings. The broom head has a single row of bristles only and the bristles are not quite as soft as the ones on the cobweb broom. That's the closest you are going to get I think.

As you have a vacuum cleaner, if it is a cylinder one with hose, go to any hardware store and buy some UPVC pipe that fits the end, so can use as a long extension.. works much better sucking them down then using the Thai type brush

• Like 2

As you have a vacuum cleaner, if it is a cylinder one with hose, go to any hardware store and buy some UPVC pipe that fits the end, so can use as a long extension.. works much better sucking them down then using the Thai type brush

Ignis my man...What a very good idea...going to use that one.

i usually stand on some step ladders.

Have a Nice Day.

Thank you everybody, I've put it on the list of things to bring back with me when we go to Australia in February, along with sorbolene and glycerine lotion and body wash, Panadines, a 3 litre pyrex jug and a few other goodies essentials. Never looked, but I assume I can get the telescopic handle here, although with my luck it would be a different size, so maybe I'll just bring the whole thing.

My hoover is new, an upright (!!!!) with hose and tools but no extension poles, I've actually been carrying one of the tools around with me so when I pass a shop that sells such things, I can just whip it out of my bag and say I need one to fit this. Hadn't thought of the PVC pipe, I'll use that if I can't get the right size.

If like me anyone else has pounded many pavements over that last year or so looking for an upright, they have them at PowerBuy, I think the brand is Astina but I would have to check, bagless and cost around 5,000 from memory. Oh, you can also get a Dyson for several times more.